Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Utility Programs
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Advanced Genie Editor

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Advanced Genie Editor

Author File Description
Keisari Tapsa Advanced Genie Editor
for Age of Empires, Rise of Rome, Age of Kings, The Conquerors, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Clone Campaigns.

This is a successor to GeniEd programs.
You can easily edit almost all data in DAT files with this. It can edit units, civilizations, graphics, researches, technologies, technology trees, terrains, terrain restrictions, sounds, player colors and some other things.

This download only contains a link to AoK Heaven download page.

Check out this program also. It's for graphical modding.

Feedback is appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Thompsoncs It appears a dll file is missing. I tried to change the name of the included dll file to the one that was missing, but then it said the other one was missing.
Keisari Tapsa
File Author
That should be fixed now.

[Edited on 11/21/11 @ 09:16 AM]

That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
What is this? Is this the genie software used to make aoe 1 and 2?
Keisari Tapsa
File Author
This is a modding tool mainly developed for The Conquerors.
Thompsoncs I read the thread you linked too. It does say this version supports RoR. What exactly does this offer that for example AoEd RoRd by trisolo/scenario tc doesn't offer?
Keisari Tapsa
File Author
How could you read it when HTML and BB codes are disabled in this place?
Don't use it if you don't want.
I have never heard of AoEd/RoRd. I don't play or mod AoE nor RoR. The dat files are so similar that it was easy to make this program edit all six games.
Thompsoncs The links don't work indeed, but that doesn't mean that I can't copy paste the text of that link code in my browser.

I just wanted to know if you could introduce what this programm does different than aoed/rord, which was the only non-hex edit modding tool so far. Since you don't know aoed/rord I'll take a look at this and see how this is different. Is there a tutorial available on how to use this tool? That would make it far easier to get started.
Keisari Tapsa
File Author
(I removed the links for a while.)

As far as I know, this program doesn't do more than AoEd/RoRd, but it is easier to use unless you are doing thousands of edits simultaneously.

There is some tutorial for a previous version, but a lot has changed since then. I'll make it clearer if that is needed.

Please report all bugs you find and tell any improvement ideas you have.

How many people are modding AoE or RoR these days?
Thompsoncs I'm the only one doing a big conversion, but I'm almost done with most of the data editing.

There are some other minor mods, mostly balance things.

This game is probably too old to see more big mods in the future. There are too few people that help, and the time required is out of balance with the nr of downloads.
Keisari Tapsa
File Author
So it's not much worth making this program for AoE and RoR (or SWGB and CC). The most-used version is The Conquerors.

I'll do it anyway.

[Edited on 12/18/11 @ 05:30 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics