Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Mods
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Mods » RockNRor

Download File Post Review Post Comment

RockNRor

Author File Description
chab [updated 2024-03-17]

RockNRor VERSION 4.0.0.1 (+ROR_API).

Find more information in CustomizeAOE forum topic and CustomROR forum topic and RockNRor webpage

RECOMMENDATIONS :
- Backup empiresx.exe, just in case ;)

REQUIREMENTS :
- Windows 11
-- Should be compatible with WindowsXP, Windows 7, linux using wine+winetricks (but not guaranteed). Check RockNRor V3.0.0.10 legacy build if you get issues for older systems than windows 11.
- DirectPlay : Windows should automatically propose to enable it if necessary, when you start the game for the first time.
- Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable libraries 2013
-- If not working: For Windows 10 you can try this link (from Microsoft too) : update for visual 2013 redist
-- For Windows 10 you can try installing this all-in-one installer instead (THANK YOU PhatFish).
- Rise of Rome expansion !
- Windows 10 users : If you experiment issues (e.g. RockNRor plugin does not seem to work well), run the game in compatibility mode (XP, or Win7)
-- To check is RockNRor is active, select a unit in-game and press F2 key. If a popup shows up, then RockNRor is active.

TECH INFO :
- Developed for Rise of Rome 1.0a. Some features are compatible with AOE 1.0b, 1.0c and ROR 1.0.
- RockNRorAdmin.Exe can install RockNRor plugin and change resolution (including copying necessary files) for you
- Strong consistency checks : program will warn you if something went wrong, and before doing any harm
- Strong consistency checks : if you try to use it with other files than original empiresx.exe, you probably will encounter an check error.

FEATURES / TROUBLESHOOTING / DISCUSSIONS:
See forum topic.

* 1920*1200 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
* 1920*1080 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.
* 1280*1024 interfac.drs files if you choose that resolution.

To change resolution: extract the interfac.drs archive you chose above, then use RockNRorAdmin's menu to change resolution and select the data/data2 DRS files when asked for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
insinyurati very good, i hope you add new per files in customize aoe 2 and anti closes and anti crash when cheated by another cheeat program

thank you
wardanaindonesia error found.
computer player never chat with me and ask tribute. could you fix it. thank you
Thompsoncs @wardanaindonesia, That is an issue with the game itself, not with this tool it seems. Such things require a certain degree of scripted events, which were only added in aok, not in aoe.

Currently there are only a few messages that will be displayed, like when you pay tribute when they demand it.

[Edited on 05/19/13 @ 01:53 PM]

volume anyone make this for the original aoe nonexpansion? also anyone know if they made something similar to this for aok as well?

[Edited on 07/18/13 @ 11:00 PM]

volume
Rating
Rating: 5
EXCELLENT! does exactly what it says with no bugs

Additional Comments:
note for windows vista and above users, you must run as administrator and use this only on unmodified aoe executables.
chab
File Author
@Volume:
Doing a similar program for AoE (without Rise of Rome) would be possible but that would be a huge work to do.
If someone wants to do this, he can use BinaryPatcher, all is left to do is collect the binary information and save it to new ini files... Which is the most difficult task !
Maybe information from the provided ini files (for 1.0b and 1.0c versions) may help.
tuongyda14 Please help me !
Error Size Doesn't match
chab
File Author
You're not using the good version of the file or your file is not the original one.

Use a clean install of the game.
RaviRExtremez Does this program help me to increase my pop limit in aoe ror hd 1.1 beta2...
Kivan Is there a way this program or another similar to this allows for the option of playing the game single player without the cd? I own the CD, I just don't have a built-in cd drive on the computer I want to use it on (but have an external). It's just a little annoying.

Just curious - thanks for any help!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:11,272