Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Mods
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Mods » Age of The Ring

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Age of The Ring

Author File Description
sonictimm Age of The Ring: Version C completes the EPIC with a full-length Campaign.

Requires UPatch

An unofficial Expansion for the Rise of Rome which adds
-Four scenario Lord of the Rings Campaign
-Four New Nations: Gondor, Rohan, Isengard, and MORDOR
-New Units and Technologies-- will Durin's Folk aid you in mining, or will the Shire Folk show your villagers how to farm?
-A new soundtrack blending the best music from AOE and LOTR
-New menu images based on the Lord of the Rings, used with permission from independent artists
-LOTS of language file and other small changes
-Choppable trees-- How will your Tool age neighbors like it when your Axemen start hacking a trail right through his forest?
-Middle-Earth Random Map, featuring Trolls, Wizards, re-growing Mushrooms, and Falcons.
-Middle Earth scenario to play alone or with your allies online.
-Over 25 new multiplayer taunts.
-So many modded graphics that it takes two hands to count them on your fingers!
-Plus, a Soundtrack Manager. Easily add your own mp3 soundtracks, and then switch between the Age of The Ring soundtrack, the original RoR soundtrack, and your custom soundtracks. Simply click "Shuffle" to shuffle the order of in-game songs.

All new Technologies, Units (except Siege Tower), and Civilizations are designed to be balanced with the Rise of Rome. This means you can play Mordor vs. Rome without an advantage or disadvantage. While I've done my best, I'm just one man, so any feedback about the balance of units or civs is appreciated.

Known bugs:
Shire Folk resource counter doesn't work. No known fix.

note: Everyone needs the same version for multiplayer to work. Version C was released on August 3 2018.

For more info, see the forum topic. https://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aoecgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=6493&st=3

Version History:

• Version E - 05/16/15 - Began the Epic with four new nations (Rohan, Isengard, Mordor, and Gondor) Download Count: 519
• Version P - 03/2016 - Patched for UPatch, and it included a plethora of new units and technologies. DL Count: ~1200
• Version I - 06/07/16 - An incremental improvement, with balance and bug fixes. DL Count: 1,739
• Version C - 08/03/18 - Completes the epic with a fully featured Campaign and a few more bug/balance fixes. Current Version
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Chanakya21
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
Very good editing and i dont like the norse civilizatilon even I am appreating the work of you in adding new civilizations
--------Well Done---------
sonictimm
File Author
Update: Version P has been released!

Version E reached 521 downloads. Thanks!
Version P is a huge improvement. The two versions are NOT cross-compatible, but they can both be played online any day of the week. (I recommend GameRanger-- Voobly is not compatible with third party mods)

Version E has been retired.

Version P requires UPatch HD 1.1 revision 2 or later, which can be found at http://upatch-hd.weebly.com/download.html

Thank you to the AOEh community. Have fun!

[Edited on 02/23/16 @ 02:06 PM]

TaiToriiTattoo Please cooperate with me on this project plz download and Remake it.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1J1BO3JYdqRKcaVqLCyHbuMl0o40UHHM7&export=download
slitebg Okay, I know this is an old mod but maybe someone can help me get this running:

I installed AoE Rise of Rome HD + UPatch 1.1 (latest I could find). Then I downloaded Age of the Ring, extracted in AoE HD game dir, ran the wizard, it checked the game version, UPatch etc. (in green colored text) and said it was okay, then it seemed to finish. After that I used the soundtrack manager to change the soundtrack to the AotR one. I didn't know how to activate the mod but then I started UPatch Launcher and I saw 'Mod Manager' so I chose and applied Age of the Ring mod. Everything fine so far, it even said at the bottom of the launcher window that mod is applied.

Then when I click 'Play' an error message appears: 'Missing mod directories!'. Short, clear and.. illogical! I looked up the structure of the files in 'modfiles' dir, the one I presume the mod installs it's files from via the wizard. I have 'Age of The Ring' folder in 'Mods' folder, I have two new files in game folder/AVI, I have the sound files and even 'Changelog.txt' all installed in the right place, it seems. So why are there 'Missing mod directories'? It's just driving me nuts. I would love to play this but more importantly it would be great to know why it just doesn't start. By the way, vanilla AoE Rise of Rome HD + UPatch runs perfect and smooth, so it's not a base game issue. Thanks in advance

[Edited on 05/24/19 @ 07:33 AM]

sonictimm
File Author
Hey slitebg, thanks for downloading.

That error sounds very familiar...

After some testing, I think it might have been a problem with the Wizard.

If you go to the Age of The Ring folder in your Mods directory, it should look like this: https://imgur.com/a/z0JV72u
If the folder doesn't contain the subfolders scenario\, campaign\ and savegame\, it will give you that error.

If that's the case, you should manually move the files:
In the zip folder of the mod, move everything from "modfiles\Mods\Age of The Ring"
to the mod's home in "Age of Empires\Mods\Age of The Ring"

Sorry for the slow response, it's been a few years. I hope you enjoy the mod! :)
slitebg Hey again sonictimm, been a long time, but I just found the modded AoE install on my old PC (VGA card was fried) and decided to check the mod page. I was so surprised anyone has seen my question, much less expected for an answer from the mod author!! Anyway, straight to the point: I checked my folders in mod dir and seemed to be lacking a 'savegame' dir. It makes sense for it to be an empty folder on launch, so I just created one. That seems to solve the problem altogether!! I look forward to checking out the mod more. I really hope there's a campaign? Even if not, I expect it to be a great LOTR mod for an old but classic game. Cheers mate and stay healthy!
Verseo please can u explain step by step whow to instal this amazing mod? i have the seame problem

[Edited on 11/10/20 @ 01:01 PM]

sonictimm
File Author
Verseo, if you have the same problem should follow the instructions above. I bet you can just add an empty "savegame" folder to the mod's folder and it will work.
I just uploaded a new set of files that should hopefully fix the issue, so you can also try re-downloading, uninstalling, and reinstalling.
Cheers!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:2,555
Favorites: [Who?]4