Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Age of Empires: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Fortress

Author File Description
Kyle Leach
File Details
Difficulty: ?
No Description Available
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Angel SpineMan
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This is a great all around and diverse scenario that includes puzzle, map and conquest elements in a balanced manner on a very nice map. The scenario starts with a battle that should be easy to survive. From there, you need to figure out how to continue since a frontal attack across the bridge will fail. After working through the few puzzle areas, you will find yourself stuck behind a maze of trees. Get through the maze to find some more villagers and then you should have enough resources to build up an army to wipe out the enemy base. I really could've won with a lot less starting units since I wasted them all in a futile frontal attack but still won the scenario anyway. I loved the use of rafts which are rarely seen and the instructions were nicely written and clear. The only thing I didn't like was the time-consuming solutions to most of the puzzles. Often I would walk away from the computer and come back ten minutes later to keep going, but that is a very minor complaint and overall, I loved this scenario. It was creative and diverse with good gameplay on a good map. Awesome job!
kingferret
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.8
Story/Instructions5.0
the first time was a bit hard but when i played the second time it was so great i had to play it again if your look for a good game to play this is it.
IICDO Just finished playing this campaign/scenario. I really enjoyed fulfilling the tasks of this game. Finding and gaining the conversions was in fact difficult at times. Attacking the Fortress proved worthy of any invading army. You have numerous ways to gain entry but at a major cost of manpower. Well-balanced, creative, with a beautiful map. Good story and clear instructions. Ranks right up there, Bravo!!
AugustoSapienti
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.9
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.9
It was amazingly entertaining and fun. Rather than hard, this game is interesting and thoughtful. It's not "easy", but you don't get constantly killed. Also, it worked flawlessly. I didn't notice any bugs or anything like that. The ending is pretty sweet and, well... My strategy was to use the priests and to convert the Temple, in order to get even more priests!

In all seriousness, that fortress was really hard to crack!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0