Back to Age of Empires Heaven Welcome to The Granary (Download Central)
Welcome
Downloads Home
Review Guidelines
Main site
Forums
Code of Conduct
Search

Advanced Search
Age of Empires: Single Player Scenarios
Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Relay

Author File Description
Steve Ryan
File Details
Difficulty: Hard
Basically a puzzle style scenario. You are entrusted with getting a message to Mor Havoc to convert Alexander back to your tribe. You must travel through several dangers and puzzles. A sometimes obscure path exist showing you where to go. This scenario is lengthy and requires regular saving. I have attached a walkthrough but try to solve the puzzles without using it. Multiplayer also : No
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Angel SpineMan
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This type of scenario is my personal favorite! I love the well-designed and well-tested puzzles. Even some new puzzles that I've never seen before were used - the elephants and lions puzzle was great! I couldn't stop playing because I was so curious about what would happen next. This wonderful scenario was a welcome change from the frantic pace of the majority of scenarios. It's a thinking man's scenario and I liked it. The map was taylored specifically to facilitate the puzzles and was therefore hand-detailed in every respect. I loved the roads that guided the way and the resources spelling out GOLD, STONE and FOOD was kinda cool. The wonder at the end was pretty much useless but it made a nice end to the scen. I also loved the sense of humor shown in the story - made me laugh out loud. Very cool :^) Awesome scen - fabulous work!
IICDO An excellent scenario, from start to finish you are captivated and kept guessing. I find puzzles to be refreshing at times from the norm as you are forced to think, and that is a good thing. There were times where I had to sit back and take a look at the big picture before moving on. Finding your next villager, bowman, or who ever proved to keep your attention peeked. The story was amusing at best, but did not sway you from starting the scenario. The map was well tailored for the scenario, lots of hills and cliffs. The bit map could use some extra work but the scenario makes up for it. Excellent job, well done Steve.
gassol Why cant i get this to work? i put it the right place, and i can see the folder in game, but no files, like i didnt download the "right" file..?

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0