Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wanted: HTML Coder
posted 10-02-09 05:44 AM ET (US)   
I'm looking for new website coder so some updates get done around here. For this I am having open applications for one Cherub position. This is specifically because we need someone with skills using HTML to get work done that I can't do due to time spend running other parts of the site and studying at University. Skills with tables and images are a must.

The position will start as a restricted position where your only duty will be to code pages for us to use. However more responsibilities will be bestowed if the work produced is good (in other words your on a kind of probation ).

To apply send an e-mail to me at tda(at)heavengames(dot)com including a blurb saying why you think I should hire you, a sample of your HTML abilities and if possible some sort of IM address I can contact you.

Your sample must include the following:
- A table (or tables)
- Image(s)
- Link(s)
- A heading (or headings)

Other useful skills would be a knowledge of CSS and/or some online scripting languages. Applications close 12 pm 09/10/09 (dd/mm/yy) EST (forum time). Good luck to all applicants.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs

[This message has been edited by The Dark Archer (edited 10-02-2009 @ 05:55 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-02-09 05:47 AM ET (US)     1 / 9  
Please Note: This thread does not mean that I will generally hold applications for staff positions from now on. Generally I'll still ask people I and the rest of the staff think suitable. This is a special situation where I need a particular skill which is why there is a rare application thread.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
posted 10-02-09 10:56 AM ET (US)     2 / 9  
Sweet! I can do HTML from scratch, without programs. I'll send you a sample page.

| The Slave Pits (4.8) MMC 1st Place | The Fate of Inraya Teaser (4.5) | The Parting Gift | Computer Wars Pack |
"Never experienced any of his revolutionary scenarios, but dang if he isn't charismatic when he speaks!" -Aro
Voted AoEH's Most Helpful Forumer 2009!

Ninetails, of all the forumers you seen to have the inabillity to feel hate against your fellow man. A noble trait, treasure it. -Gumble
posted 10-02-09 01:41 PM ET (US)     3 / 9  
I've done some HTMLing as well, and those tasks seem very easy. However I'm not sure I have the free time needed, could you be a little more specific about what The new mod-kinda-person would do?

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 10-02-09 05:58 PM ET (US)     4 / 9  
The main job to begin with is content. I need someone to create some new pages on AoEH for me that will require the skills required. However if someone knows some of the extra skills they could be very useful in future developments like if I want to give the site a makeover or to start some sort of net campaign.

The Dark Archer

posted 10-02-09 11:39 PM ET (US)     5 / 9  
lolz I'm doing this exact thing for my current IT project at the moment. Although I think that I could do it... I really think that I would be too lazy to actually help out.

~~~Helelix~~~
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - Terry Pratchett
"Evil is always unspectacular and always human. And shares our bed...and eats at our table." - W.H. Auden
"The basis of shame is not some personal mistake of ours, but that this humiliation is seen by everyone." - Milan Kundera
~~~~~~~~~~~
posted 10-03-09 02:13 PM ET (US)     6 / 9  
I have some time at the moment and could do something for you, TDA. Do you want me to send a sample? You don't need to make me green, my present rank is quite good enough for me.
posted 10-03-09 10:22 PM ET (US)     7 / 9  
Peter I think most of the current site is enough of a sample of your work. I'll put your name on my list but if you don't mind I'll at least want to ask some questions about the last makeover AoEH had.

The Dark Archer

posted 10-04-09 05:07 AM ET (US)     8 / 9  
There was some unfinished stuff there IIRC. You know how to find me.
posted 10-07-09 04:16 PM ET (US)     9 / 9  
I have pleanty of JavaScript experience, if any is ever needed. I can also do the things you said the sample had to have, but I'm not gonna bother sending one since anyone with any HTML experience can do those. No CSS though.

"Mrcheeze your genius but not quite a Gumble-kind-of genius." - Gumble
"We're all friendly here except MrCheeze but he means well" - Ninetales (Not exact words)
"Gumble has no words for you, you’re boring now. -underrated- that’s a joke, Gumble is OVERSTATED." - Gumble
(Not even sure what he was saying there)
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » Wanted: HTML Coder
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames