Please login or register

AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: No scenario folder? Here is the solution
posted 01-31-13 11:02 PM ET (US)   
Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a scenario so that I can upload it. It's the first proper scenario I've made after playing since about 2001 when I got the demo game in a Nutri-Grain box (good memories). In the time I've practiced a bit with scenarios, and I think I have made a praise worthy scenario, although not historically accurate.

The problem is, I can't find the scenario in my "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires\scenario" folder. I've tried changing my options to view compatability files, and I have always allowed to see hidden files. The file is also not in my Appdata folder, and I can't use the search tool to find the scenario, which makes me realise it must be hidden. The scenario still works fine when I open the game though. I moved my entire Age of Empires file away, and the scenario was no longer there in the game, so I moved it back and there it was again. For this reason, it must be hidden somewhere pretty damn hard to find.

Any suggests would be appreciated,

Cheers.

Edit: I finally found out the problem. I set the Windows options up so that I could see compatibility files, but I never clicked the big "Compatibility Files" button above my window when I'm in the Age of Empires folder. I presumed that it would just show me the files like all other things.

For anyone else having this problem, here's a step by step way to find your file (Windows 7 64 Bit):
1) Control Panel>Folder Options>View Tab>Show Hidden files, folders and drives>Search Tab>Include compressed files (ZIP, CAB...)>Apply
2) Go to your Age of Empires folder (C:\Program Files (x86 if 64 Bit)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires
3) Click the big "Compatibility files" button above, next to Burn, New Folder etc.
4) Click the scenario folder, and there your saved scenarios should be.

[This message has been edited by Insanitoal (edited 01-31-2013 @ 11:15 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-19-13 02:02 PM ET (US)     1 / 7  
posted 03-02-20 01:45 PM ET (US)     2 / 7  
1 minute matters in this game ... Vidguy used to rush with Assyrian Scouts ...
posted 03-24-20 06:01 PM ET (US)     3 / 7  
An even easier way is this:
- Open the game
- Open the Editor
- Click "Edit Scenario"
- A list of scenarios appears. On the lower right, you see a button "Open Scenario Folder"
- Click it and the Folder will open outside of the game
- Create a link to that folder on your desktop

[This message has been edited by Ingo van Thiel (edited 03-24-2020 @ 06:02 PM).]

posted 06-17-20 08:58 PM ET (US)     4 / 7  
Anyone knows how to do this on windows 10? Cant find the big compatibility options button. I did everything yo said before, even moving the folder to another computer but it just doesn't work.
posted 07-05-20 01:40 PM ET (US)     5 / 7  
Maybe I'm being a little late.

My solution currently is to make the map on a computer (virtual in my case, although you can always do it on a physical machine that you have access to) running Windows XP or lower in order to find the map in the scenario folder. Then I copy and paste it into my usual AOE installation with Windows 10.

Greetings!
posted 01-03-21 04:39 AM ET (US)     6 / 7  
Hi, thanks for sharing the solution it helps me a lot!

[This message has been edited by PhatFish (edited 10-21-2021 @ 07:04 AM).]

posted 05-18-22 07:23 AM ET (US)     7 / 7  
I have the old collector's edition, distributed by Ubisoft.

Personally, I got the game to save in the proper "Program Files (x86)" by loosening the file permissions in the folder's Security tab.
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » No scenario folder? Here is the solution
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames