Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoEH Players and Reviewers Board IV
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 11-04-09 10:46 PM ET (US)   

"Oh god there's another one"

History

The Players and Reviewers Board was first started by Richard Ames in October of 2004 and ran until about March 2006. It's aim was to get people in to reviewing and to try to review everything in the Granary. However it also was about having fun, being funny and it inspired people to do more.

When the first Players and Reviewers Board ended in March 2006 the Players and Reviewers Board II was started by IICDO who run the thread till June 2007 at which time the then inactive Players and Reviewers Board II was replaced by the Players and Reviewers Board III run by Don Jorge de Leon. This third board run for a short time before it too fell into inactivity when Don Jorge left. In November 2009 the Players and Reviewers Board III was taken down and replaced my this, The Players and Reviewers Board IV, run by The Dark Archer.

Overview

Reviews and feedback are a huge boost for a designer, and really support the community. If you play a campaign/scenario etc that hasn't been reviewed, pop in a review for it, it only takes a few minutes to write, when you have probably spent an hour playing it. Read the review guidelines if you haven't done so already, you can find them here

This thread isn't just about reviews, it's purpose is to talk about campaigns you have played, new scenarios etc, anything like that and also having a bit of fun.

We aim to review everything submitted, so all designers get feedback on their work and know where they're at with their designing, and all downloaders have a rough guage of the quality of submissions, and a descriptive review to read when browsing files to download.

Submissions to Review

AOE

CPN
King Wolo and his empire
Malay Empires (Demo Version)
Rise of Hector
The Assyrian Invaders(demo)
Strength of Mitanni
The Golden Age Of Bulgaria Demo
ChriZ RockZ aZ The Anti-N00bian
ROYAL FOLLIES

SCN
The Big Hill
Trick test - Walk through cliffs
Beat this guy!!
The Shadowing of The Eden Conspiracy
Crossing the Alps
magical island
Battlefield 200 (AoE Version)
Valley of Death
Pirates of the Caribbean
River of no Return
Old Kingdom
1v1 AI 200 pop

ROR

CPN
Carthage - The Mighty Empire (Update)
Bushido - Episode 2
Seletian Trial Campaign
Carthage - The Mighty Empire (Not Complete)
Roma
The plamarien war chief(demo)
Ugahond Playtest Campaign
More Rome
Age of Assasin
The Carthaginian Empire (demo)
Great Battles of Europe" The spanish and Moors" Expansion

SCN
Rule the World
Goodwill Missiles
Process
1st Punic war on Sicily version2
Religion wars ver02
Island Hopper
El Dorado
Bring the Aritfacts to me!
Atlantis
Orothos
The Parting Gift
Iceland Adventure

Newly Reviewed Scenarios

January
Navig Uprising (skald)
Jungle Fever 2 (skald)
Battle of Rawkes Drift (skald)
Mad King (skald)
Piraten Clan (skald)
Insel Krieg (skald)
Sino-Japanese naval war (skald)
Die Insel Yamato (skald)
Monkey Island 2 (skald)
Jungle Fever (skald)
Coming of the Ays (skald)

December
'The Prophecy of Raviyl - The Awakening' Part 1, The Island of Ugahond (Ninetails)
Monkey Island (skald)
Jason's Path (skald)
Holy Artifact (skald)
Invasion of Egypt (skald)

November
The Trials of Aduria (Part 2: The Subryian Wars) (Rasteve)
The Thalamari Empire - I (Rasteve)
Rise of Alexander - Call for conquest (Rasteve)
Rise of Alexander - Rush towards Asia (Rasteve)
Rise of Alexander - Early years (Rasteve)
The Fall of China (Rasteve)
Talon (Rasteve)
Das Extractische Reich 2 (Rasteve)
Das Extractische Reich 1 (Rasteve)
The Trials of Aduria (Part 1: The Andu) (Rasteve)
Atlantis (Rasteve)
Persians Revenge (Rasteve)
Overlords (Rasteve)
Art of War (Rasteve)
Ark of the Covenant (Rasteve)
Rule (Rasteve)
Ghengis Khan (Rasteve)
Trapped (Rasteve)
Thermopylae (Rasteve)
The Battle of the Bulls (Rasteve)
Tang invasion (Rasteve)
Protect-n-Serve (Rasteve)
Rising Sun (Rasteve)
La Fortaleza (Rasteve)
Easy Pie (Rasteve)
Die by the Sword (Rasteve)
Deathmatch Axeman (Rasteve)
Courting Greatness (Rasteve)
The Summit (Rasteve)
Chinese Chess II (Rasteve)
CHALLANGE LEVEL (Rasteve)
AOE Strategies and Secrets sample (Rasteve)
Battle of Bung Hole (Rasteve)
Siege2 (Rasteve)
Rome (Rasteve)
Indiana Jhons (Rasteve)
Fertile Crescent (Rasteve)
Blocked (Rasteve)
Battle One (Rasteve)
Destruction of Rome (Rasteve)
WaterWorld (Rasteve)
King of Priests (Rasteve)
The Old Wars (Rasteve)
The Killing Fields (Rasteve)
The Wall (Rasteve)
One way in - one way out (Rasteve)
Multiplayer Artifacts III (Rasteve)
Multiplayer Artifacts II (Rasteve)
Multiplayer Artifacts I (Rasteve)
JPLT Spiral Sea War (Rasteve)
Highlands (Rasteve)
Corners (Rasteve)
Cool Map (Rasteve)
Conquer The Islands (Rasteve)
Afternuk (Rasteve)
Chinese Chess (Rasteve)
Isle (Rasteve)
Monks of Omitofu (Rasteve)
Cannal (Rasteve)
Citadel (Rasteve)
Australian scenario (Rasteve)
Divide and Conquer (Rasteve)
Death in the Middle (Rasteve)
New Foundland (Rasteve)
Battle Two (Rasteve)
Boundries (Rasteve)
Arena (Rasteve)
Everglades (Rasteve)
Ocean Chaos (Rasteve)
East vs West (Rasteve)
4 Player SIdon (Rasteve)
Island Map (Rasteve)
Island Surprise (Rasteve)
Jungle Maze (Rasteve)
The Gallic War (Updated) (The Dark Archer)
The Source of Water (The Dark Archer)
Age of Ice: Dawn of War (Gumble)

Campaign/Scenario of the Month

Campaign of the month is based on new reviews. All unreviewed campaigns and scenarios qualify.

December

Campaign of the Month

'The Prophecy of Raviyl - The Awakening' Part 1, The Island of Ugahond, a RoR campaign by Gumble

(Insert Screenshot Here)

(Insert Blurb Here)

November

Campaign of the Month

Age of Ice: Dawn of War, a RoR campaign by Fruktfisk

(Insert Screenshot Here)

(Insert Blurb Here)

October

Campaign of the Month

Agent Of A Foreign Power, a RoR campaign by Julius999

Agent Of A Foreign Power is a Fixed Force Quest style scenario where Jason must break a man out of prison, assassinate a King and get out of the city to bring back an army. New tricks such as the land merchants make this a worth campaign to get the newly resurrected Campaign of the Month award.

Coming Soon: The AoEH Elections

How to survive the Recession

Living in these hard times can be tough but fear not for I, The Dark Archer, have come up with a solution. The solution is simple but took a lot of research to find out the details of. First we must look at the problem, that is we are running out of money. So how can we live with not having money? Well we simply must look at those who have always managed to live without money. No I'm not talking about beggers and hobos but students. Yes those hairy, smelly and rather puzzling creatures that seem live in herds and claim the are learning stuff. The life of students seems rather interesting so I'll try to break it down here into various sections.

Occupation

Students seem to spend a majority of there time gathered in large rooms sleeping while another odd creature called a lecturer talks to them. Other activities include sleeping around books in a strange building called a library, feeding, gathering in what appears to be living spaces partying and again sleeping in various other places including but not limited to on floors, in cars, in paddocks, on electric fences, on couches and in rare cases in beds.

Possible Student Living Area?

The Fridge

Looking in a student fridge could be fatal for people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in cleaning as what is found inside is rather shocking. The varieties of mold, fungi and other small organisms make the place a microbiologists dream and make almost everyone else want to vomit. When asked about the furry green thing one student merely replied "Oh that's Frank".

Diet

Seeings how there seems to be noting edible in the Fridge I attempted to find out what these students lived on. It seems the main staples of their diets are 2 Minute Noodles and Beer. Other luxuries such vegetables, meats and other alcohols also seem to be eaten or drunk on rare occasions. When asked one group of students was asked what kind of beer was best to have for dinner an argument was started. In the end the students answered that although tasting terrible home brewed Stout was clearly the best dinner but should be washed down with a better tasting beer.

Beer a staple of the Student diet

Conclusion

The recession is clearly hard on everyone but it will be easy to survive if take up odd sleeping habits in odd sleeping places and can drink terrible tasting beer for dinner. Look out for my next article on caring for your pet Mold.

Links

The AoEH Designers' Board II
The Granary
AoEHPlayers and Reviewers Board II
AoEH Players and Reviewers Board III

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs

[This message has been edited by The Dark Archer (edited 01-09-2010 @ 06:43 AM).]

Replies:
posted 11-04-09 11:23 PM ET (US)     1 / 114  
Gumble says 'Ice age Hunting Day' by Fruktfisk should be campaign of the month, while Julius999's 'Agent of a forgien Power' should be last month's.

Axoren's 'Quest for water' (whatever its called) needs to be reviewed. Gumble is too bogged down under the wieght of his own campaign to do anything. One scenario alone is over 1 megabyte in size. Thats wicked sick map editing.

Too many people say far too much about Gumble. They also claim Gumble says far too much which isnt true.

One man's truth is another man's lie. Seek TRUTH to escape this moral mire.

'Experts' try to analyse human behaviour and the human condition and make grand conclusions. - Its the same as the guy who explains why a joke is funny and kills the joke.
posted 11-04-09 11:33 PM ET (US)     2 / 114  
Yeah there are still a few sections I need to write up after looking over the granary and looking for more pictures on google and getting a photo of our hot water cupboard.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
posted 11-05-09 07:51 PM ET (US)     3 / 114  
Alright this is slowly taking shape and it looks like we have quite a list of stuff to play. So if anyone wants to help me whittle this down it'd be appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to add my list of stuff I'm currently playing to review.

Rule the World
The Gallic War (Updated)
Carthage - The Mighty Empire (Update)

After those are done I'll get some more stuff off the list.

The Dark Archer

[This message has been edited by The Dark Archer (edited 11-05-2009 @ 07:55 PM).]

posted 11-05-09 09:52 PM ET (US)     4 / 114  
Is interesting...there are many Crthaginian themed Campaigns and a scenario. I'm a fan of Carthege myself mostly due to RoR's Trial version.
So, who made those?
posted 11-05-09 11:56 PM ET (US)     5 / 114  
Finished playing The Gallic War. Pretty fun we scenario but it needs a bit more creativity to strengthen it.

The Dark Archer

posted 11-06-09 00:15 AM ET (US)     6 / 114  
Good job creating a new review board Darky by the way!

Gumble doesn't have time to do many reviews but Gumble was going to review Bushido ep2 when Nezon fixed the bugs in it.

You can also take down 'Ugahond Playtest Campaign' Gumble doesn't want it reviewed.

Also several files were simply showcasing design tricks including 'The big hill', 'Trick Test- Walkthrough waterfalls', 'The shadowing of Eden Conspiracy', 'good Will Missiles', and 'Beat this guy!' Gumble doesn't think they need to be reviewed.

Too many people say far too much about Gumble. They also claim Gumble says far too much which isnt true.

'Experts' try to analyse human behaviour and the human condition and make grand conclusions. - Its the same as the guy who explains why a joke is funny and kills the joke.
posted 11-06-09 00:27 AM ET (US)     7 / 114  
The review list is based on unreviewed items on the first page at this stage which is why there are showcases up as well.

The Dark Archer

posted 11-06-09 00:34 AM ET (US)     8 / 114  
HAha, you locked the Jesus love thread. Nice Darky.

Fruktfisk has updated his 'Ice age hunting day' so another review from a different community member would be good. Gumble would be interested on what someone else thought about the scenario especially Ninetails who tested it.

posted 11-06-09 05:30 AM ET (US)     9 / 114  
Alright I've played and reviewed The Gallic War and must say I quite enjoyed it. It might be a bit easy for some peoples taste but I think as a designer adrianus has a lot of potential. People should check it out.

The Dark Archer

posted 11-06-09 10:32 PM ET (US)     10 / 114  
Don't forget to mention students living at home Darky.

posted 11-06-09 11:05 PM ET (US)     11 / 114  
But students living at home are merely leeching off there parents and if everyone started leeching off others then there would be no one to leech off.

The Dark Archer

posted 11-07-09 05:49 PM ET (US)     12 / 114  
Alright it turns out that Carthage - The Mighty Empire is rather painful to play after a while. I think I'm about half way through and I see a simple pattern coming out of Conquest victory with a huge amount on starting resources. And computer players being what they are I can pretty much destroy everything with 4 or 5 Helepolises alone. So far seems like a stereotypical first design unfortunately.

The Dark Archer

posted 11-07-09 08:35 PM ET (US)     13 / 114  
Nice summary of student life, by the way.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 11-17-09 06:16 PM ET (US)     14 / 114  
Last weekend I played the 1997 multiplayer maps vs my 2 brothers so I gave them a review. I then continued looking at the 1997 scenarios for inspiration for the obscure civ contest.

Well, all 1997 multiplayer and singleplayer scenarios now have reviews. I am looking at the campaigns now (only a few) so maybe everything in 1997 will be finally reviewed!

I would like to point a couple of good scenarios out:

The Summit by Hamlet for perfect quality

Thermopylae by Quentin for perfect balance

[This message has been edited by Rasteve (edited 11-17-2009 @ 06:20 PM).]

posted 11-18-09 08:03 PM ET (US)     15 / 114  
I just played through this campaign and it looks like ES may have used it to inspire their Ghengis Khan campaign.

The first few scenarios seem to mirror the first AoK Ghengis Khan scenario, and the last (see the Great Wall) looks very similar to the China mission.

Has anyone ever noticed this?

http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=47
posted 11-19-09 11:21 AM ET (US)     16 / 114  
Could someone review my "Roma" campaign, please? I entered the obscure campaign contest and although I have been playing aoe for many years I only started designing when I became aoeh member about half a year ago.

I do want to know what people think of it as I am planning to make my contest campaign in the same style (but with less battles).
posted 11-19-09 11:45 AM ET (US)     17 / 114  
I can't find that Roma campaign you are talking about
posted 11-19-09 12:59 PM ET (US)     18 / 114  
http://aoe.heavengames.com/dl-php/showfile.php?fileid=2221&f=&st=10&ci=

48 scenarios!!!!! Okay I will take a look tonight
posted 11-19-09 01:42 PM ET (US)     19 / 114  
Thanks Rasteve!

Oh and don't be to scared of the number of scenario's, you'll find out many of them are relative easy and quick to complete, but they do contain lots of history! My first priority was a accurate roman history campaign and my second to make it fun (at least I had fun making and testing it).

[This message has been edited by Thompsoncs (edited 11-19-2009 @ 01:48 PM).]

posted 11-19-09 02:21 PM ET (US)     20 / 114  
Hmmmm. Weird. For the, the .cpx file only contains the first scenario but when I open it with the campaign manager I see all 48 scenarios :s

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 11-19-2009 @ 02:28 PM).]

posted 11-19-09 02:32 PM ET (US)     21 / 114  
home run?
posted 11-19-09 02:32 PM ET (US)     22 / 114  
weird indeed, if I donwload it at my main pc I do get the full campaign. I will try it now on a different computer.

I'm sorry Basse, on my other computer I could also play the entire campaign. Ic hecked it using home run. Maybe you can redownload the file or get it fixed with the campaign manager program.

Rasteve, are you able to go past the first map or do you have the same problem as Basse. Then I will know where the error is. And if it doesnt work for you either, any suggestions on how to deal with this.

[This message has been edited by Thompsoncs (edited 11-19-2009 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 11-19-09 02:50 PM ET (US)     23 / 114  
Just noticed that I can't win any campaigns. Will reinstall the game and see if that works. Even tried the yamato campaigns first scenario and won it. Didn't get any other after that
posted 11-19-09 02:57 PM ET (US)     24 / 114  
did that occur after you installed my files or also before? Maybe you can just delete my files, and put in the old dll files.
posted 11-19-09 03:15 PM ET (US)     25 / 114  
Now I remember it occurs also before but then I thought the campaigns was only 1 scenario long but now I realize I was wrong. Anyway I tried to reinstall but still got the same problems
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » AoEH Players and Reviewers Board IV
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames