You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design and Modding
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Danish, Ukranian, Lithuanian, Czech, Bulgarian or Serbian needed!
posted 08-26-11 02:42 PM ET (US)   
Yeah, I'm a stranger. I travelled across lands and seas, across the ages too, all of this to ask you some help. You know Age of Kings? Yes, you know, the "son" of AoE... So you certainly know a bit about Age of Kings Heaven and the community around this game. And I am coming to ask you some help for one of its members. If you speak Danish, Ukranian, Lithuanian, Czech, Bulgarian or Serbian, you can help me.

But, before, a bit of explanations. Two years ago, a guy called fr steve started an ambitious project: making a total conversion pack for Age of Kings, in which all the civs would be changed in eastern european ones. If you are familiar with AoKH community, you maybe heard about Age of Chivalry, a total conversion of the same type. But after months and months of hard work, fr steve encountered a problem with his modpack: voices. You know, the sounds triggered when you select unit, that are most of the time in the language spoken by the people you play... A total conversion pack is not perfect if a polish knight speak in English, like a danish footman or a turkish horse archer! This is why the author search for people who are speaking the languages described above, to use their voices for his project, and why I'm posting this thread because he doesn't find people for these languages on AoKH forums. For more informations, or if you are interested to help him, just go on his project thread:

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=39316&f=4,39316,0,30&st=0

Also, if you know somebody who speaks one of these languages, contact fr steve via his thread. He will greatly appreciate any help.

One last thing: if you want to know why it's not fr steve himself who post this... it's because he is just a bit shy to ask something in a foreign forum.

Also, please forgive spelling mistakes and stuff like this: I'm coming from Québec, so English is not my first language.

"Freedom is not given, it is taken." - Kropotkin

If you like historical scenarios, look at my 1453-The Last Siege of Constantinople in the Blacksmith.
Replies:
posted 08-26-11 03:10 PM ET (US)     1 / 5  
I would love to help, because I know myself how hard it is to get people to help with modding, but sadly I'm Dutch and dont speak any of the required languages. Good luck with the mod.
posted 08-28-11 06:29 PM ET (US)     2 / 5  
Hmmm good luck finding the people that you need... now i wonder if I'd be allowed to post a thread in AoKH telling the embers that i'm looking for people who could speak Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Punic, or even ancient greek or latin :P
posted 08-28-11 07:28 PM ET (US)     3 / 5  
Also, please forgive spelling mistakes and stuff like this: I'm coming from Québec
Cool, finally someone from my province. You're english is the most ideal one I've ever saw, bro. I was chatting with a UK girl today and I couldn't understand any word of her slang

It will be difficult to get people that speak these languages, so I recommend you to see some sites like this and record the text the computer generates.

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
posted 08-29-11 03:11 PM ET (US)     4 / 5  
Enfin! Tu es le deuxième Québécois que je trouve sur HeavenGames, et je puis t'assurer que ta maîtrise de la langue de Shakespeare dépasse de loin celle du premier que j'ai croisé... Sinon, à propos du site dont tu parles, je suis allé voir, mais il n'ont pas les langues dont j'aurais besoin. Tu n'en connaîtrais pas d'autres, par hasard?

EN: You are the second Quebecker that I find on HeavenGames, and I can assure you that your hability with the Shakespeare's language greatly outclass the one of the first guy that I meet... Otherwise, speaking about the website you suggested, I looked at it, but I did'nt find the languages that I need. Do you know others website that fill the same task?

"Freedom is not given, it is taken." - Kropotkin

If you like historical scenarios, look at my 1453-The Last Siege of Constantinople in the Blacksmith.
posted 08-30-11 07:33 PM ET (US)     5 / 5  
There are some trials here : http://atmac.org/text-to-speech-in-languages-other-than-english

𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒾 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓅𝑒𝓅𝑒
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design and Modding » Danish, Ukranian, Lithuanian, Czech, Bulgarian or Serbian needed!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames