AoE Multiplayer Forum
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, PhatFish, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Tortoise RM Tourney
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 06-24-10 10:13 PM ET (US)   
I'd like to run a freeform round-robin tournament hereabouts. It'll be based solely on the honor system.

Once the registration period closes, all you have to do is, on your own time, hunt down everyone else registered in the tournament and play a best-of-3 AoE match.

Then, report in the thread the results of said match (Honor system).

If you win the match you get a point, if you lose, you do not.

Cumulative points determine ranking in the tournament, the more points you get the higher you rank. All ties in score will be settled with a single-game tiebreaker.

If you would like to participate, please post contact information so your opponents can get in touch and work out time for a match.

I understand that we are all busy folk, but I think that this can work out. We'll have a nice, long registration period. There are no set schedules, it doesn't matter how quickly you get your matches done, this will last as long as it needs to and there is no obligation to be an active player as long as you have time once in a while for a few games.

Registration is now closed! Good luck to all participants!

Rules
1: One player picks map settings for game 1, other player picks settings for game 2. If there is a game 3, settings will be whatever can agreed upon by both players.
2: Game type must always be Random Map.
3: Cheats disabled. (Obviously)
4: In the case of a mid-match disconnection, either restart the match or agree on a victor. Agreeing on a victor should only be done if the match was clearly decided at the time of the disconnection. Please be honorable and considerate.
5: In the case of a player who cannot be reached for a match, it will be decided when all other matches have been played.
6: Please be honest and fair. This tournament is running on the honor system. Either combatant can report the results of a match. If you find that one of your matches was lied about, report it. It will help if you take screenshots of the achievements page after every game as evidence, just in case. I really hope nobody falsely reports a match. This is a forum tournament with no prize for pete's sake. I don't think anyone around here is dishonest enough for that, but... I guess you never know?
7: Anything else goes. AoE, RoR, Reveal, no reveal, nomad, high resources, whatever. I don't care. Games 1 and 2 should naturally be advantageous to one player or the other (You pick the settings after all!) and game 3 should be on more neutral ground (Have to agree on settings, try not to let your opponent get whatever s/he wants, compromise)
8: Have fun!

Participants:
1. John Smitherson (GameRanger ID: 816124 or johnsmitherson@gmail.com) Give me a week or two, kthx
2. Basse (GameRanger ID: 416052)
3. Fruktfisk (GameRanger ID: 319595 or Fruktfisk@gmail.com)
4. dragon14 (GameRanger nickname: akzdragon) DELAYED DUE TO COMPUTER ISSUES. Don't fret, we'll wait. We have plenty of time.
5. Gumble (GameRanger ID: 377128)
6. plismo (GameRanger ID: 700765 || Nickname: Italy)
7. QuantumE4 (GameRanger nick = QuantumE4; ID = 407619)
8. ToYoTa (GameRanger nick = ToYoTa; ID = 855221)

FINAL BOSS
BlitzkreigComin: Voobly name : _I_M_On_Tilt_ || GameRanger nick: BlitzIsComin

Here is the table that will be used to keep track of scores and who has played against who.

X│1│2│3│4│5│6│7│8│ <--Opponents' Numbers

1│X│#│#│#│#│#│#│#│ Player 1 Total:

2│#│X│#│#│#│#│#│#│ Player 2 Total:

3│#│#│X│#│#│#│#│#│ Player 3 Total:

4│#│#│#│X│#│#│#│#│ Player 4 Total:

5│#│#│#│#│X│#│#│#│ Player 5 Total:

6│#│#│#│#│#│X│#│#│ Player 6 Total:

7│#│#│#│#│#│#│X│#│ Player 7 Total:

8│#│#│#│#│#│#│#│X│ Player 8 Total:

^^^Your number

X = Same person, no game required.
1 = You won!
0 = You lost.
# = yet to play.

[This message has been edited by John Smitherson (edited 08-01-2010 @ 12:57 PM).]

Replies:
posted 06-26-10 07:36 AM ET (US)     1 / 58  
Basse is on!

Gameranger nickname: BF_Basse
Account ID: 416052

Hey, is this for ror or aoe?
posted 06-26-10 09:17 AM ET (US)     2 / 58  
This will either be a very quick or never-ending tournament, but I'm in.

Fruktfisk
Fruktfisk@gmail.com

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 06-26-10 09:21 AM ET (US)     3 / 58  
Honestly? If both you and your opponent agree to AoE, that's fine. I mean, it is the same game, after all. But I suspect it to be primarily RoR. It doesn't make a difference in my mind.

And, yeah, it will be short or neverending. But if somebody is avoiding matches on purpose or unreachable, I'm sure they will be reported somehow and I'll come up with a system to remove them from the tournament fairly.

[This message has been edited by John Smitherson (edited 06-26-2010 @ 09:27 AM).]

posted 06-27-10 12:48 PM ET (US)     4 / 58  
Okay i expect you to post the resuts here so we can follow it.
posted 06-28-10 09:15 AM ET (US)     5 / 58  
Of course, as long as the information gets posted here or e-mailed to me, I'll keep current scores posted.
posted 06-28-10 06:07 PM ET (US)     6 / 58  
I've never participated in one of the tourneys before :P
If i can get a windows computer that works in time, count me in
Gameranger: akzdragon

USA
katsup or mustard
posted 06-28-10 07:38 PM ET (US)     7 / 58  
Gumble does suppose he counts for the other 4.5 entries?

Gumble is in his id is on the game ranger thread.

Only forseeable problem: if your italics on game ranger then some players will not be able to play each other. For example last time Gumble was italics with Basse meaning we could not play each other.

You should advertise this on Game Ranger. That way you will get more people in on the tournament.

Too many people say far too much about Gumble. They also claim Gumble says far too much which isnt true.

One man's truth is another man's lie. Seek TRUTH to escape this moral mire.

'Experts' try to analyse human behaviour and the human condition and make grand conclusions. - Its the same as the guy who explains why a joke is funny and kills the joke.

[This message has been edited by Gumble (edited 06-28-2010 @ 07:40 PM).]

posted 06-29-10 05:18 AM ET (US)     8 / 58  
Gumble, I've switched router so we might do fine now. Also, I'll try to get some from Gameranger to enter this tourney
posted 06-30-10 08:00 PM ET (US)     9 / 58  
And if GameRanger isn't working you should be able to go with direct TCP/IP connection, right?
posted 07-01-10 01:54 AM ET (US)     10 / 58  
I know i'm not in and i don't think i'd be able to join, however in my case (and i suppose some other people as well) i can't play using TCP/IP, the only way i can play online with someone not at my house is thru GameRanger.
posted 07-01-10 06:04 AM ET (US)     11 / 58  
I guess Voobly, Garena or GameSpy could work aswell.
posted 07-01-10 09:09 PM ET (US)     12 / 58  
Tourny....hmmm...... if any of you two would like to take me on I'll join. Voobly name is _I_M_On_Tilt_ and my GameRanger nick is BlitzIsComin.

We could even see if I still have my mad Medit skills and go 1v3 on Medit Gig map.

Can you survive the Blitzkrieg?
posted 07-01-10 10:39 PM ET (US)     13 / 58  
I say good luck to anyone that dares to take on Blitz.

The Dark Archer

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein
"I once met a girl who looked like a camel" - Rasteve
Death of the Morads | AoEH Design Series II | Out From the Cliffs
posted 07-02-10 05:16 AM ET (US)     14 / 58  
May I drop now that Blitz joined?

But seriously, Blitz will for sure win this

[This message has been edited by Basse (edited 07-02-2010 @ 05:17 AM).]

posted 07-02-10 05:32 PM ET (US)     15 / 58  
All of the other ranks will get the same prize as first: nothing :P

Tell you what: if Blitz goes undefeated he can play against the second, third and fourth players on a team or something.

Just kidding... (unless everyone wants to do that for fun)

But, uh, Blitz, are you signing up or no? Your post was kind of ambiguous on that.
posted 07-03-10 03:18 PM ET (US)     16 / 58  
I doubt much would be accomplished if I signed up for this 1v1. I would be fine playing a 1v3 against the top 3. That could be fun (as long as Duan isn't one of the 3----then I might lose).

Back in the good ole days we had some events where I challenged a team of 3,4, and 5 players from here to games. Those were always fun for everyone. Ahhhh the good ole days........

Can you survive the Blitzkrieg?
posted 07-03-10 03:21 PM ET (US)     17 / 58  
Good ole days for me is when you taught me to play online
posted 07-05-10 02:37 PM ET (US)     18 / 58  
Alright, unless anyone has any major objections, BlitzkreigComin is now the final boss of the tournament and the top 3 place finishers will duel him for honour, glory, and salmon.

However, there is always the alternate option of having Blitz enter as a normal competitor but only allowed to use his off-hand. If he is ambidextrous, he will be restricted to thumbs-only play.

[/joke]
posted 07-08-10 04:55 PM ET (US)     19 / 58  
sign me in:

Nick: Italy
Account ID: 700765
Guatemala City

I am not good at nomad but I will participate and practice some. I prefer no rev and no high resources and RoR.

Can we play on Voobly, voobly supports NAT now and has a anticheat.

[This message has been edited by plismo (edited 07-08-2010 @ 04:56 PM).]

posted 07-08-10 05:09 PM ET (US)     20 / 58  
Voobly still doesn't work for me. I am behind NAT, so they can't really have changed it.
posted 07-13-10 09:30 AM ET (US)     21 / 58  
I am not good at nomad but I will participate and practice some. I prefer no rev and no high resources and RoR.

Can we play on Voobly, voobly supports NAT now and has a anticheat.
If your opponent can play on Voobly as well, go ahead. It doesn't really matter where the matches happen, so long as they happen.

note to self: play nomad vs. plismo when it's my turn to choose settings... muhahaha

eh I'd probably still lose.
posted 07-15-10 03:17 AM ET (US)     22 / 58  
yo
it looks as if i won't be able to play, without a windows computer. i feel sorry for myself.

USA
katsup or mustard
posted 07-16-10 01:32 AM ET (US)     23 / 58  
lol i had no idea blitzy would be a final boss...good luck whoever faces him.
posted 07-20-10 09:22 AM ET (US)     24 / 58  
Neither did I, haha.

The time draws near, comrades. Draw your swords. Ready your bows. Warm up your clicking fingers.

Oh yes, there will be blood.

But not for me, for at least week or two into the tournament. Stuff came up. I'll be busy in the near future.

But like I said, it's the tortoise tournament. For all I know, it could end sometime next year. (That would be ridiculous though since there are only a handful of participants.)

P.S... Seeing as how there's only a few days left, tell your friends or whatnot. I mean, with the 6 people we have, everyone will play 5 matches (10-15 games) and that's actually plenty, but you know... the more the merrier.

[This message has been edited by John Smitherson (edited 07-20-2010 @ 09:32 AM).]

posted 07-20-10 02:49 PM ET (US)     25 / 58  
I'll join

Gameranger username: QuantumE4
Account ID: 407619
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoE Multiplayer Forum » The Tortoise RM Tourney
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames