AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome
Moderated by Suppiluliuma, Fisk, Epd999

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Check out AoEO PvP!
posted 11-21-11 02:22 PM ET (US)   
Hello!

I’m MrMilo, MS Playbalance Lead for Age of Empires Online. You might remember me from my days as a moderator for AoE3 (I made this account on HeavenGames 10 years ago). Or perhaps, I played or talked to you on ESO on AoE3 or AoM or their expansions. I love Age games, particularly PvP in Age games. I’m posting here because I know you guys and gals love Age games too.

If you left AoEO, or never picked it up, because there was a barrier to getting into the kind of PvP game you wanted to play, you should come back: the barrier is gone. We’ve just introduced a new way to PvP, Champion Mode, that puts all players on equal footing from the moment you make a civilization. There’s no need to get gear or level up in Champion Mode: all in-game techs in the tech tree are unlocked, and gear still makes your units look cool, but it doesn’t affect unit stats. Just hop on a Premium civilization and play, simple as that. For more details on Champion Mode, see here.

This game is fun. The pacing is fast—it feels more like AoC than AoM or AoE3—and there is a hard counter system that rewards good micro. Also, because we patch the game most months, balance changes will come more frequently than they did for AoE3.

If you don’t have the game already, check it out: ageofempiresonline.com. I hope to see you online for some PvP soon!

--MrMilo

[This message has been edited by miloman (edited 11-21-2011 @ 03:10 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-21-11 02:50 PM ET (US)     1 / 11  
Now here's something you don't see often in this place! I never would've guessed a balance tester from MS would post here

Hi MrMilo!

I don't know how many of us here play AoEO aside from me and BSU_Dolhades, I'm pretty sure the majority of our regulars don't. To them I can tell that AoEO is definately worth a try!

I have yet to give a go at Champion mode myself - I'm sure it will be a great experience. This is what us beta testers have been asking for and I'm really pleased with it being available now. Decorating can become tedious when doing it often which is why I've been PvPing quite a bit more than I used to lately, especially fond of 2v2 which I find a LOT of fun.

With everyone being on equal grounds now I'm sure we'll see lots of interesting matches and video's appearing on Youtube which I'm looking forward to see (especially contests!).

Oh and don't forget Skirmish Hall and Celts are coming next month people
posted 11-23-11 10:04 AM ET (US)     2 / 11  
I don't know how many of us here play AoEO aside from me and BSU_Dolhades
Haven't played since the beta, mainly because my internet isnt good enought to install AoEO in less than 2 days at this time... so it cancels :/

If you emailed me the download I would be on AoEO once more.

However it would have to compete with Battlefield 3 and Age of Mythology so it would have to be very special :P

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 11-23-11 11:47 AM ET (US)     3 / 11  
Well frist of all welcome to our forum, miloman, let's hope we could see you often. Also thank you for the heads up. Many people feels that the golden age of the Age of empires series is gone. AoEO is a good way to show them that they are wrong.
posted 11-23-11 01:10 PM ET (US)     4 / 11  
I'd definitely try it out if I simply had some more time. Also, it's pretty cool to see you blue guys once in a while.

//The warrior of Isola

"I lack quotes that demonstrate Humor Intelligence or anything about me."

Pineapplefish
Cleidopus gloriamaris
posted 11-23-11 06:25 PM ET (US)     5 / 11  
I've been trying out the free version of the game for a few weeks, and though there were a few things I disliked, I liked the game in general.

At first I was rather upset about the graphics, but once I played it I found the game fun overall (I admit it, it was just prejudice).

I'm gonna grab myself a premium package some time (when I get the money )
posted 11-24-11 12:12 PM ET (US)     6 / 11  
With premium you get alot more :P

Its best to get the bundle which allows you to get all the civs that AoEO gets over a year or 2 :P

Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
posted 11-24-11 08:58 PM ET (US)     7 / 11  
Big Daddy
I'm jealous

( σяυɘ ϙυє )﴿

ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ˡˡʳʸ
posted 11-25-11 01:02 PM ET (US)     8 / 11  
Well frist of all welcome to our forum, miloman, let's hope we could see you often.
Next time MS makes a game he will post again.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 11-25-11 01:25 PM ET (US)     9 / 11  
Next time MS makes a game he will post again.
Next time MS makes an Age of game*
posted 11-25-11 03:12 PM ET (US)     10 / 11  
Yes, thankyou for your correction. I can't wait for his next post, but I bet the next 4 years will fly by.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde.
posted 11-25-11 06:24 PM ET (US)     11 / 11  
Not necessarily, they do tend to look in every so often, I think it would take something really interesting to get them to post though!

Age of Empires Heaven » Forums » AoERoR/Definitive Edition/Return of Rome » Check out AoEO PvP!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires Heaven | HeavenGames