General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ~Age of the New World~
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-05-03 08:21 PM EDT (US)   
I have learned so much about the American relvolution in my class that it seems like it would be a great next age game. I have gathered my notes and it comes to this:

The Patriot Army

People called "Minute Men" were farmers or villagers but they are used for battle also, Minute Men can be imidiatly converted into soldiers for war, then convert back to a regular farmer or villager. To train them, all you need is a town center, but it this game, TCs are very expensive and are very usefull. Minute men are not too powerful but are extremly fast to raid. To make them faster to raid, you can pay the minute men extra to have a horse, a horse can also increase the minute mens gathering rate. Here is a picture of "Minute men:

The Patriot army is very weak in navel combat, thats why there are no maps like "islands" so it wont be unfair. There are lots of fishing boats and they are cheap to. The Patriot Frigates are not very strong, and cost lots of gold to make, which is hard for Patriots to mine for. In order for the Americans/Patriots to get gold, is to mine for it, but a very weak gathering resorce. Wood can be cut down quikly and fast. Food can be farmed or fished, but the Americans have a hard time to do so.

Slaves are the best farmers and mine gold very well. Slaves can be trained in a slave trade center building, but the slaves are extremly expensive to train and cost gold, slaves are used in all cultures, and you can convert them into soldiers but they dont last long.

To make it fair, American armies can grason larger amounts in spacific trees than the british can. But American Guns are very weak for militias or Minute men, so that makes the British more powerful. The Americans do not have caravans or whatever because they dont tax, but they did do was to gather as much gold or whatever resorce the colonist can donate, which makes caravans weak to gather. The Patriots also built walls, many buildings that were not so strong, and also siege weapons known as cannons, and they kick ass:

The English Army

The English army have some charicteristics of the American army. The british army can train powerful redcoats in mass, each redcoat is stronger than a minute men, but they also have to pay the loyalist a large amount of money, to farm and gather many resorses. The English have to most advantage over sea because of the fact that they live on an island. There ships made in mass and are powerful, but it takes time to train.

The problem with the English is that they are slow and attract more animals to fight at them because animals hate red! They can grason into trees but not much, but there gun fire is powerful and can be reloaded realy quick! The red coats are realy the main unit to choose because they are not too expensive or not to cheap.

The English are heavy taxers and get much of there gold from there tax caravan. They also are heavy beef eaters, so they get lots of food by imports that they must depend on, but the building must be built near water. British buildings are very strong and are used for less things, so you need to build more buildings to make different units.

The French army

The French are extremly powerful and almost go head on with England. The French army have many units with only swords, and some have guns. French units can also train mass units like England can. They have a firce attack with swordsmen and can take down English soldiers pretty easily with swords men.

French heros or Generals can be trained like England and the rest of the cultures. Buildings are very strong and they use separate villagers to build them. The units are pretty fast because of there training with the sword. The Navel army is also strong but slow as hel! The ships are massive and expensive, the french also have a greater lose rate, which makes it hard for the player on ESO to run away from his or her base and start a whole new one, the french can only survive without loosing at a certian ammount of points on f4.

There is not much about the french that I learned about, so this as all I can give you

I am going to explain the campaign and more info on what I think should be the next age game. So what do you think, there will be more cultures but I have no time to explain them all!!! Now, instead of threads like "Set is over powered!" there will be threads like, "ES IS BEING RACIST BECAUSE AMERICANS ARE OVER POWERED!!"{D

The Campaign makes you play all of the cultures. The wars will probably be in it:

French and Indian war lets you control the British army and some of the levels will let you control the American army! You must fight the spanish also in a separate campaign

Bosten Tea party lets you play as the colonist dumping the tea, and also lets you view through the taxes and the riots that happened in the cinamatics, plus you can control the green brothers to steel the cannons in Boston.

Battle of Luxington and Concore You can battle the British army but you must help some of the soldires to safty and hide plus more!

The battle of bunker hill You must fire and run from the British, only a certian ammount has to survive! You must control navel ships and wait for french allies.

The battle of Yorktown Also the victory of the americans, you must control the french and the americans and some of the spanish, in the biggest battle of them all. You also need to kill or capture that general guy who I forgot what his name was!

The rest will be about the the civil war, which will also include stradegies and not all warfair, like steeling as many slaves as you can! I dont know about the mexican war, it seems to far ahead in the future. The wars will not include fighting, it will include many stradegys and nonfighting adventures.

[This message has been edited by Acamas (edited 11-09-2003 @ 09:44 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-05-03 09:05 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38  

/\Are those midgets

"I'm about 6'1 and 6'6 depending on which convenience store I'm leavin'"
"Dessy, why the hell are you drinking?!"-QH
"We're going to be at this all day"
ESO names:LoTD_Destro
Join the LoTD Clan!!
LP rules

[This message has been edited by The_Destroyer (edited 11-05-2003 @ 09:06 PM).]

posted 11-05-03 09:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
I know, I wanted to make fun of england!!!
posted 11-06-03 00:17 AM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
You do know that in the Revolutionary war American rifles were superior to English firearms, right? The Americans just didn't have the manufacturing capability or the military tradition to defeat the Brits without French help.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 11-06-03 00:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
^ I know, they also bought German guns, that were the best in the world! The French did help a whole lot! I am glad I am Canadian

*Thinks about insane*
*Forgets about the goodness of the french*

posted 11-06-03 09:57 AM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
Oh no, Acamas spamming in FD :s

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 11-07-03 06:27 AM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
That's a great concept. Vividly detailed as well.
posted 11-07-03 04:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 38  

Quote:

Oh no, Acamas spamming in FD :s

This took me an hour to type up, and you call it spam, shame on you! You have no respect for anyone and you always have to include yourself, if it does not include yourself with attention then all you do is point out every little bad part about me and go to all my threads and flame me so you can get attention. By the way, that was spam you just said, and you have no right to spam, if you are going to spam then get out of this thread, if you choose to get on topic fine, stay if you like!

posted 11-07-03 05:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  
I've gotta side with Acamas here. This wasn't spam at all; in fact it was a fairly thoughtful thread. And I'm pretty sure he wrote it himself because of the occasional spelling error.

Although I do think that an individual American soldier should have a high firepower compared to a redcoat. They also train faster than their British counterparts. However, the British soldiers are a lot cheaper and have better hitpoints do to their superior training and military tradition.

But overall good thread, Acamas.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 11-07-03 09:03 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38  

Quote:

But overall good thread, Acamas.

Well da, I had a test the next day I typed this, so I knew it all!

posted 11-08-03 06:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 38  

Quote:

This took me an hour to type up, and you call it spam, shame on you! You have no respect for anyone and you always have to include yourself, if it does not include yourself with attention then all you do is point out every little bad part about me and go to all my threads and flame me so you can get attention. By the way, that was spam you just said, and you have no right to spam, if you are going to spam then get out of this thread, if you choose to get on topic fine, stay if you like!

OMG more spam

Next time I try to type a with every joke I try to make.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 11-08-03 07:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
Lay off Yohan, this thread is not spam.
posted 11-13-03 03:26 PM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
I know.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
posted 11-13-03 03:34 PM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
Well if you would like a new world you'll need more than those three countries Prussia, Russia and Austria were very important countries too

I am the chosen one.

posted 11-13-03 05:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
Not to mention Spain.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 11-13-03 07:13 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
Spain as well, thats all, there are not many major countries that set up colonies in the new world!
posted 11-14-03 03:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
Well quite honest, if you want to move to the time frame of the revolution those three big European powers have to be in. If you only want to an age of the new world which stays in the age of discovery, there won't be any USA because USA didn't excist

either you have "age of discovery" (15th - 16th)

France, England, Portugal, Spain, Netherlands

or in a later age (17th - 18th - 19th century)

France, UK, Russia, Prussia, Austria, "USA" (because apart form the revolution they weren't that importan)

I am the chosen one.

posted 11-14-03 07:08 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
USA did exist, are you not american. The only way you can declare war with another country is if you make your own separate country! Like the civil war, the south made there own country!

There will be different ages. I dont know any other name for a game like this. The game will take place in the new world, not france, not england, but the new world because of the far more land and space. England and France are the worst places to have a battle if you think about it.

posted 11-14-03 08:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  

Quote:

If you only want to an age of the new world which stays in the age of discovery, there won't be any USA because USA didn't excist

The time frame isn't that important. What he's concentrating on is the theme. Prussia and company weren't major players in the new world so they wouldn't be in it. France, Spain, Britain, and the US were, however. There may be another nation or two that could fit in. After all, it's ot Age of Europe.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
posted 11-14-03 08:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
The Natives will be Gaia since this game wont take place in Europe!
posted 11-15-03 07:01 AM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
Ah totally non-Europa game? Nah, really won't buy it if its campaigns are all USA against UK things.

But I'm afraid if you want USA, you'll need those big countries too because the time of the discovery of the world USA consisted of Natives, Irish, Dutch, British and some bandits. Either way they won't fit in the time frame

I am the chosen one.

[This message has been edited by Osiris the great (edited 11-15-2003 @ 12:54 PM).]

posted 11-15-03 02:04 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
I think that if you want Age of the New World include Spain, possibly Mexico, and Native Americans. Mind if I expand on your ideas?

The Colonists should be the only ones able to garrison in forests/hide, since they used ambush style warfare. They also would have moble houses (tents), which becomes a unit, and by getting an upgrade any military unit can be camoflauged from enemy units (Can't attack, however). They would have cheaper citizens that can be upgraded to minutemen and can train units that would act as French trainers, which increases the stats of minutemen when fighting alongside them, though they would be expensive.

The British could get German Hessians (Mercenaries) that you must pay a large ammount of gold to train and you can only have a specific number at one time. Also give them the ability to turn a town center to their side based on the number of loyalsts (possibly upgraded British citizens) near it. It would cost an ammount of gold/wood, but gives them the town center. They would have powerful units in every age, with basically no extra powerful units in the final age, but can not field a huge ammount of them.

The French had most of North America under their control for a while, and such, they should have access to an extra resource, fur, which can be traded, a market in any age, and powerful expansive abilities and naval forces, while they have medium strength normal forces and powerful ones that can be built in the final age.

The Spanish would have Conquistadors, and be very gold heavy. They would have to find gold early on no matter what the cost. Spanish Foot soldiers would have a slower firing rate then other European civs, but they make that up with the conquistadors and early generations of those avaliable in the final 3 ages.

Native Americans could feature moble homes, like the Colonists, They would have fighting builders and gatherers, and have increased LOS and hunting ablities (espescially Buffalo). They can also hide in forests. They get no cavlary units in the first two ages, but make up for it with stronger ones in the later ages, and their cav can hunt animals in later ages. They should have moble drop sites, possibly a ulf-type guy (fast yet weak), that can also fight, but would primarily be used as the drop site. Any armor upgrades would help all of their units, and infantry upgrades for attack help their vills.

Mexico would have strong cav units, strong TCs, and "Revolutionary" units that increase their attack vs. other units. They would have less effecient vills, but that would balance the strong cav/revolutionaries.

Hope you don't mind, I liked your ideas but thought this would be a bit more detailed

posted 11-15-03 08:39 PM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
For the French why not just make it so you get gold and food from hunting animals. Better then adding a unique thing that is useless until you have a market.

"But watch what you say or the will be calling you a radicle, a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal."

Super Tramp, The Logical Song.

posted 11-16-03 00:03 AM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
I dont want to make it too complex, I just want the game to be like aom but fixed up glitches and all!
posted 11-16-03 02:02 AM EDT (US)     24 / 38  
If you do not add new things to a RTS it won't make it. That's why TT is not doing that well (I'm not trying to be rude, but it isn't.)

Having 1 or two unique resources wouldn't be a pain, just an extra way to make gold.

posted 11-16-03 02:07 AM EDT (US)     25 / 38  

Quote:

I dont want to make it too complex, I just want the game to be like aom but fixed up glitches and all!

A nice thread, but that's precisely the main flaw. What's the point? We already have AOM, which is about as simplified as RTS can go without being a FPS. Why do we need another AOM? It's not a heavenly timeless classic that needs numerous remakes, it's a great game that needs to be expanded on. You want to be creative.

Despite that, I give credit to the thoughts you put into the idea.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » ~Age of the New World~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames