General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Emporers
posted 12-21-03 10:41 PM EDT (US)   
Age of Emperors

A mythological game changing some AOM characteristics.

There is now five ages, Exile Age, early-Feudal Age , Feudal Age, Sacrificial age, Imperial Age

3 civilizations: Mayans, Aztecs and Chinese.

Resources:
Food
Wood
Stone
Spirit
Favor
Relics
Population

Food:Same as AOM
Wood:" " " " " "
Stone: Same as AOE, AOE2
Favor: Same as AOM using civilisation charecteristics.
Spirit: Villagers performing rituals will generate this resource, Spirit is used to do certain traditions that have a Economy, Defence or Offensive impact, like Rain Dance's or Meteor's. Tradition is a replacement to God powers
Relics: Same as AOM and AOK(you have the option of choosing to get gold from relics or its ability)
Population: Belive it or not, its actually a little different, discussed later.

Tradition:Traditions are dances/prayers done by villagers that cost spirit to do, to do it you must have a shrine and can only do it at the shrine. Traditions gain effectivness per villager doing it.
Their are 5 tradition levels, to advance a level you must select a god/godess. He/she will provide you with a myth
unit(s), an immediate bonus, a tradition, and a tech(s)
NOTE: to train myhtunits(and priests) you must have a temple,NOTE to Aztecs: you CANNOT sacrifice enemy/freindly at shrines but at temples.

Research Levels:There are 3 sets of 5 research levels. These are Defence, Offence and Econemy. You can choose one set to advance as per age( age 2 defence, age 3 offence age 4 defence age 5 econemy etc.)

Favor Gathering:Each civilization gathers favor a different way
Aztecs:Sacrificing
Mayans: probably sacrificing, only in a different way?
Chinese:spare my lack of knowlege, but I have no knowlege of Chinese mythology but that they have an emperor and have lots of dragons?

Titans: Not exactly Titans, but emperors or eagle warriors e.g. These are trained in the Imperial Age, you can only have 1 at a time, but they are good against everything exept buildings and do 45 hack damage. they have 50 hack armour and 75 pierce armour. They have 750 hp and benifit from infantry upgrades and armour upgrades. They have 3 upgrades for Hp and one that gives them the abilitie to generate spirit. Upgrades effect their cost, so be wise on upgrading them.

Population: you start out with the abilitie to build tents, they provide 5 pop. However, in age 2, puttin 4 together will give you an option to upgrade that section to houses, doubling pop, in age 3 having 5 houses together wil give you the abilitie to upgrade them to courtyards, houses with a small garden with a fountain in the middle, supports garrisoning of 2 units and doubles pop, in age 4 putting 10 courtyards near eachother will give you the option to upgrade them to manors, supporting 10 garrisons and doubles pop, in age 5 putting 4 manors together gives you a mansion, supporting 30 units, providing ranged attack, human soldiers can garrison in them and doubling pop.
LIMITS
Tents:20
Houses:10
Courtyards:5
Manors:4
Mansions:1

Note: upgrade to house costs 200 wood and 250 gold
, upgrade to courtyard costs 400 stone 50 wood and 500 gold
manors cost double and mansions cost quadrouple.

Finally Armour upgrades!: Ok armour upgrades now upgrade the unit of your choosing, so you upgrade them individually, Advancing an Age with defence increases defence upgrades of the age your advancing to by 1.3%, same with weapon upgrades, only 1.3%.

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
Member since May 5th, 2003

[This message has been edited by jonathan1222 (edited 08-10-2009 @ 00:44 AM).]

Replies:
posted 12-22-03 03:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
To complicated for a real RTS
But as a empire-builder/RTS, I think this can work ou very well.
EDIT: can U make the Romans also a civ?

Theris264
former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
posted 12-22-03 09:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
The idea of this game is to create your own stratiegies for advancing. It is a little complicated.

Romans-Did they have traditions?

posted 12-22-03 09:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Did you take Spirit from my Age of Heros thread?

i don't think it was purely coincidence.

Anyway, apart from that, it's good, albout a little too complicated.

Emperor Age = Imperial Age.

Imperial is the adjective of Emperor. It sounds better, as well.

THE WORLD WILL END!
All the signs are showing us that the world will end quite soon according to the Bible.
There is astronomical evidence that a comet will hit the earth in twenty or so years.
Nuclear weapons. Enough said.

[This message has been edited by Servant_ofKronos (edited 12-22-2003 @ 09:28 AM).]

posted 12-22-03 09:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Actaully, i never looke Age of Heroes thread

Updating Emperor Age to Imperial Age

How can i make it less complicated without changing the game concept?

posted 12-31-03 01:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
I don't like to many resource types and ages.
4 of each is enough.

about your "titans": that sucks, I mean: an emperor or an elite warrior is just a human being, not a jedi knight.

Your title is fine
I'd take Romans, Aztecs and babylonians or Persians
2 Native American civs is stupid

5 ages is ok as long as it doesn't take to much time to advance and it's useless when the game is over during the second or third age like in the old AoM.
so there shouldn't be much combat during the first ages, only a few skirmishes. This means that the early units should be very weak vs buildings so that raiding a village is suicide without siege weapons.

In AoT: a titan takes 20pop so we could replace it by a legendary squad of some elite soldiers or the emperor AND his guard. So you could build some sort of expensive palace and you gain eg 5 Barbarian Warlords when it's finished. Once they're all dead, you can replace them for a reasonable price.

SUPERDROIDEKA
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Age of Emporers
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames