You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Time, interesting idea?
posted 01-11-04 09:12 AM EDT (US)   
I have absolutely no idea how to get pictures for this. I might draw up something, scan it, and post it.

Age of Time

It is set in an ancient/fantasy world, where mages constantly work on uncovering the mysteries of time.

There are four victory conditions:

• Conquest (eliminate your opponent)
  • Wonder, in this game: Time Gate (build and survive)
  • Election (area of control)
  • Time Conquest (research and survive)

Here is information about the last three:

Time Gate
    Construction: After waiting out the final age, order your peasents/slaves to build a Time Gate. After constructing the Time Gate, you are left with an empty ring.
    Countdown Activation: Clicking on the Time Gate will show a technology to you called Time Travel. It costs a fifth of the resources needed to construct the Time Gate. It will take a while to research, but once it is done the countdown will activate.
    Loss of the Time Gate: Unfortunately, you will only have one chance to build the Time Gate, and if it is destroyed, you will lose that option.

Election
    Area of Control: Like in the civilisation games, instead of just a normal minimap, you will be given an option to switch to the 'normal' modes (economy, military, full) or the 'boundaries' mode. The boundaries mode will show which player is controlling which area, according to the colors of the player. Only three buildings give area of control: City Centers, Town Centers, Fortresses.
    Election: This will happen twenty minutes into the game if you have enabled it. The player with the most area of control wins. In the unlikely event of the areas being the same, a special occurance happens. In the last few Age games you will win or lose. But this will happen if the two areas are the same:

You have drawn

In multiplayer, if this happens, neither player's rating will go up.

Before carrying on to the time conquest condition, I will elaborate the 'assigning mages' thing.

Unlike in previous age games, you will have to assign mages to buildings for any techs to be researched there. Mages are very poor fighters, but you can allow them to cast spells such as Blizzard or Thunderbolt. If you assign a mage, you will get a notification and research will be available, albout slow. Assigning more mages speeds up research. Mages are slow but cheap, and with their huge LOS are effective scouts.

Time Conquest
    Research: Available in the final age, it is a very expensive tech, and goes extremely slowly. You may need to assign every mage you have, which is easily done using the 'supreme summon' button, and every mage will assign to the given task.
    Victory: The research will finish and you will be rewarded with victory.

AGES
    Dark Age (1)
    Magic Age (2)
    Heroic Age (3)
    Chronologic Age, or Chrono Age (4)

TOWN CENTERS
    Settlements may be built anywhere on the map, but are weak and only support a little population. You can upgrade each, individualy, to a Town Center, and you can assign mages to upgrade each to a City Center, at a cost. These increase in HP and pop support until the City Center which is 9000HP and supports 20 pop.

Thanks to Jonathan1222 for this one:

SAVE POINTS
    In the main menu, at any time, you may select Save Point. If the Time Gate victory is not enabled but you build one, you will go straight back to that Save Point.

More information coming soon.

tHuNdErBoLtZ
    Once known as Servant_ofKronos
    "I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. I am President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." - George Bush
    "To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer." - Farmer's Almanac, 1978

[This message has been edited by tHuNdErBoLtZ (edited 01-11-2004 @ 10:12 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 01-11-04 10:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2  
    Interesting idea.

I've got an idea

Save Points- You can assign special save points so that when you have built the Time Gate and resarched the tech, you can teleport the hole game back to that save point.
    This is only if you have not enabled Time GAte victory

Cavuy | Writer, Graphic & Web Designer
    ex-Modder and Scenario Designer | Legacy
    Member since May 5th, 2003
    posted 01-11-04 10:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2  
    Hmm... good idea.

tHuNdErBoLtZ
    Once known as Servant_ofKronos
    "I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. I am President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli." - George Bush
    "To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer." - Farmer's Almanac, 1978

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Age of Time, interesting idea?
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames