You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Age of Empires III Fan Request Thread (ES, Look in here!)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
posted 12-31-04 01:13 AM EDT (US)   
Well, now that the game's title and theme has more or less been 'officially' announced, I think its about time we collected all our suggestions into one big thread. I know that alot of game studios actually take the time to read through topics like these and they greatly influence the outcome of the game's developement. This is AoE III, people! The future of scenario designing for me. So let's get the suggestions rolling-

Suggestions:

Graphics Suggestions

• I would suggest reducing the lag (increasing FPS etc..) for the engine as much as possible. There are several games out there with some pretty awesome graphics but, no matter what PC you have, they lag like hell thus ending the life span of the game(*cough*Battles for Middle Earth*cough*Empires: Dawn of the Modern World*cough*). Besides that, us scenario designers tend to load up the game with tons of objects to make it look good- lag would kill all hopes of that.

• More graphics settings, not just low or high.

• Building scale in AoM was too small. For example, in AoK:TC I would have a castle that would take my entire screen- it was imposing, beautiful, and looked 'mighty'. In AoM, the toughest building, a fortress, was even smaller than an AoK house. I didn't like this at all. Really ruined the experience. Please scale the buildings to a more realistic size.

• Realistic building sizes would be a great idea, and it would be cool if, like as in Tropico, you could see guys walking in and out of buildings.

• Unique Civ Appearance
    When I play as the French. I wan't to believe I am playing the French. Not just a British look-a-like that is called French. They where simular in styles but there was enough strong differances to tell them apart. Implement this in the game please. Rumors say there are only 8 civs in this installment. Make those 8 civs unique in thier own way as much as possible.

(I would like to add that I liked the way in AoK civs shared units, it made it way more balanced and I'm glad to hear this is the case in AoE III. Unique units built in massive structures (like AoK:TC's castles) would be awesome- Gaurdian_112)

• Modding Capabilities
    Ohh you knew I was going to mention this ES. If I didn't I am sure someone would of. Lets be real here. Alot of the games coming out is supporting the Modding community. I think it is about time ES did the same. Not only will it build a wider/bigger fan base but it will improve the life span of the game. Games like Dungeon Siege whome have been out for years now is Still filled to the brim with fans in the community. Mods being released like Elemental for DS give so much to the game it is not even funny. Include convertion tools for the textures/models/file types. Include notes on how the game engine/files/structure works. Give us the ability to fully mod it. You will not regret it in the end.

Umm...that is all I can think of atm. I also agree that AoE3 should include the Japanese Civ....We Want Samurai Dang-it.

• Don't forget the Little People
    Just like AoM had the option to play the game in low grphic settings. Please try to include this in AoE3 so those of us who can't afford the new power housemachines can still play the game.

Gameplay Suggestions

• JAPANESE CIVS or ATLEAST SOME JAPANESE EXTRA EDITOR UNITS AND BUILDINGS, PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

• Population limit: I would suggest a larger population limit for this game, and nothing like the settlement taking of AoM. I personally think that for AoE III to be as good as AoK:TC, then it shouldn't stray away from the core gameplay values that made that game so good (AoE III could have a, say, 300 population limit that could be upgrades with castles, houses)

• Diversity in Civilizations: One thing I didn't like with AoM was the new civ that came with TT- the Atlanteans. They just seemed too much like the Greeks- you should have added like, the Japanese, for example. I was really baffled as to why you chose the Atlanteans, espiacally since they were mentioned so many times in the main campaign in AoM.

We need more civs. For example, if you're only going to add European Civs and America in this game, it won't be good. Civs like Japan and the Ottoman Empire should be there. Espiacally Japan. Samurai's and gunmen, woot!

• A better ESO. I never liked the first one- it was too hard to set up a match, you could get bored trying to set one up, it had connection problems and you couldn't really track down your friends.

I think a good ESO would be one that is by an online browser, like the Zone. The zone is just PERFECT. Nowadays, the zone still yields thousands of players everyday. ESO might still be a little popular but its lifespan isn't (and will never be) as powerful as AoK:TC's the zone.

• I think that the buildings in AOK actually had better graphics that AOM! (Buildings in AOM were kind of blocky and didn't have smooth edges.)

• Relics worth while?
    Make relics Worth something. One thing I remember most about AoK is fighting over relics. Yeah they only gave you extra gold but it was worth the fight. The relics in AoM where ok but the bonuses they gave where not that efective. If the relics are going to give you some sort of tech upgrade then make the upgrade worth while. Not just barely effect a units stats.

(Relics giving 1 gold per second would be awesome)

• Buildings and Walls that Last
    Something I loved about AoK is the castles. Once you had one built you knew it was there to last and not become just a big terraign paper weight that would fall to a few standard troops like a stack of cards. The castles in AoK actually defended and did big damage to an army. Same goes for towers as well.

• To Convert, or Not to Convert
    One unit I miss is the Monks from AoK. Granted they where there and had thier purpose. That purpose may not be needed in AoM. But religion was a huge thing during the colonial periods. Make units that can convert enemy units. It's a small thing I know but it is the small things that really add up in the end.

• World Map Conquest
    There was rumors of this and quite frankly I hope they are true. If not then ES might want to consider this. One thing I though that really hurt single player options was the lack of it period. A World Map Conquest mode would fit this perfect. It may not be a huge hit in MP but Single Players would love it. A Risk type of fitting but with the AGE series feel [If that can remotely make sence]. Single player games that might last days would just be awsome and strongly contribute to the single player end.

(I prefer the campaigns AoK:TC style- World Map Conquest, in my opinion, is best left to games like Rome: Total War- Gaurdian_112)

• I would like to see good scenarios (ES scenarios). I mean, I felt that the AOM ones, quite honestly, ... were pretty bad. The Titans ones definately sucked, of course!!! I'd like scenarios like AOK's. Those were much more challenging and fun IMO. They were also much more numerous. I also like the way there were many storylines, instead of having to have to go in order, in AOK you could do, for example, 2 scenarios of Joan of Arc, a scenario of Saladin, go back to Joan of Arc, etc etc (that was completely random, BTW). In other words, I would like campaigns like AOK.

• I would like to see useful preset hotkeys
    I tried many times to change my hotkeys but:
    1) It requires lots of time to find something good
    2) Not easy to get used to them
    3) When I go to a netcafe I have to either play with normal hotkeys or waste my time changing them to my like
    Maybe there should be two(or more) hotkey profiles in the game. One profile should focus on having all hotkeys close together on the keyboard, like this (in terms of aoc):
    A: champion, paladin, arbalest, onager
    S: halberdier, hussar, skirmisher, scorpion
    D: Eagle warrior, camel, cavalry archer, ram
    etc.
    The other hotkey profile could be the aok-style hotkey assignment, which is M for market, B for barracks, A for archery range, C for the camel, M for missionary, A for archer etc.

• One aspect of rts that I have really wanted to see in the Age series is battles in the forests. One should be able to fight among such encumbering moist terrain heavily covered with vegetation in which you could set up ambushes and the like.

I think it would suit this game real well especially for the sake of melee units. Due to all the gunpowder warriors that will surely dominate the open battle field, melee units need sometype of special ability or advantage to shorten the gap a bit. In the forest or terrains like such where the dampness and humidity would hinder movement, dicipline, order and marksmanship, units with smaller, thrusting or slashing weapons would be able to have a greatly increased possibility to take the best out of the fighting. So units that have to run around the battle field alot and who regularly don't do as much damage with their blades will be worth the while if one can take the battle to where trees serve as shields against the shots.

• I'd like someone to thoroughly test the more obvious strats for multiplayer (rush, boom, fast-3rd-age, cav-swarming, age of buildings) so that things are fairly balanced without lots of patching.

• Large Ships:
    Ships that are expensive, big, powerful and that take many pop slots. Maybe even units that can be seen on their decks, depending on how many are garrisoned, would be cool.

• A "Select Units In Area" Trigger Command:
    With this command one could select units in a certain area and add a new command like "Convert" and voilà; it's "Convert Units in Area". Or "Teleport Units In Area", or "Rename Units in Area" or anything else.

• Let us play the game, not vice versa.
    Seriously, I want to build my own units, do my own scouting, personally advance through the ages, and actually have to look after the economy. In AoM:TT, with infinite farms, infinite trade, and auto queue, I felt more or less obsolete.

• When you select a group of military units, you should directly be able to change their formation and combat stances.

• Roll-over help of improvements shows exactly what is improved and how (for example: not: -improves archer attack, but rather: -improves archer attack by 15%).

• A choosable option to have random weather effects in random map games.

• A choosable option to have day/night cycles in random map games.

• Weather and night affect units (for example: archers have -50% accuracy at night)

• Real world maps also included for standard games.

• Like in Age of Kings, one should be able to choose the resource-levels when playing a standard game.

• You should be able to adjust the population limit and the number of houses you can build in standard games (low-end computers can turn this number low, fast computers can turn this number to a higher level).

• Being able to choose from different map types: diamont shaped maps like now; spherical maps were a unit can walk of the edge and pop up at the other side, etcetera.

• Being able to place units on walls.

• Posted this in the Pirates thread, but I'll post it here too. Pirates and privateers would be awesome, and should be included. It would be great if they hanunits. Thus, when you're attacked by a privateer vessel, you dled privateers like they do in Civ 3, where they're represented as "gaia" have no idea which player attacked you. This way, you can be fighting your allies without them even knowing it. Also, whenever a privateer ship of yours sinks another ship, you should get some gold, to simulate their looting and sacking of ships they captured. Privateers would have to cost a large amount of gold though, much like Egyptian mercs.

• Troop formations that give the units within the formation certain bonuses (like: Testudo-formation: gives units within the formation +25% pierce armor, but -20% attack rate)

• Being able to undermine walls, and to tunnel under them

• Capturable buildings and siege weapons

• Stone (no further explanation needed )

• I've a request for ES, please don't call the Dutch civ Holland, but call it The Netherlands, or at least United Provinces, but NOT Holland.

• Life-sized buildings and ships (it is really stupid to see 10 Collosi go into a transport that is as big as the sword of one of them)

• Roads that can be build from stone

• Replace HPs with death by inuries. I saw a pic where a guy had a pike stuck right through him and it got me thinking, wouldn't it be better and more realistic to have units being injured by the position that he got hit in and become weaker or slower and eventually die if medication isnt received. Or when an arrow goes straight in a critical area (like the brain or the nuts ) the unit dies instantly.
    Armor upgrades can help rejuce the chances of being injured and some units (like heroes) when an arrow is about to hit them will put their shield up to block it.

This would be alot more interesting than using hitpoints again.

• More lifelike units (for example: villies that get better at farming if they farm long enough; units get stronger after surviving n number of battles, etcetera)

Editor Suggestions

• Custom skins for the editor.

• Ability to place upgraded units in editor instead of having to use triggers in-game.

• The things that you get rid of during development - save them as options or in the map editor.

• Add a kills ratio condition!

• BRING AoK'S EDITOR BACK!

• Apart from that, the only thing I want is a good scenario Editor, since ES has already proved time and time again that they can make great games to play.

^ Not really a suggestion but, meh

1) Multiplayer Designing: Imagine if you will, the ability to host a game, but instead of playing the game you got together with your buddies and designed a scenario online. Scenario design teams would probably find this the most useful as it would make it much easier to get together with other team members to work on joint projects. However, I think the average player would enjoy it as well. A group, for instance, could make a map and then play against each other on it. A good descriptive name for this would be cooperative designing.

2) Effects that can write/read from/to text files: Visualizing the effectiveness of these effects is a no brainier. This would make it possible to keep track of various things outside of a scenario. The implications for such triggers for both multiplayer scenarios and single player scenarios are monumental if you can conceive of a few of the possibilities such effects could have.

3) Graphic Scaling: Most games already have this as a feature of their editor. However, it would be useful if you could scale objects by individual axis.

4) Graphical Effects That are Laid as Terrains: With this idea you could draw on the map where you want to see smoke, mist, fog, rain etc... However, for this idea to actually be something creative you should also be able to manipulate the elevation level in which the terrain is placed. These effects shouldn't just be objects that have been incorporated into terrains as that defeats the purpose of such an idea.

5) A Water Fill Tool: For this tool to work properly the editor would have to function under a system of numerical denotation for elevations. Basically this tool would allow you to fill a certain elevation level up with water. The water level would be adjustable so both shallows and deep oceans can be created. The tool would only you to fill an area with water if that area is constrained by a higher elevation. This tool would allow water to placed at any elevation level without the hassle of non-elevation water based systems.

6) Surfaces and Colour Overlays That Can be Applied to Terrains: Basically this would allow you to change the tint of terrains by placing colour overlays on top of them. Coupled with this would the ability to choose from maybe four surfaces that can be placed with the terrain. These surfaces would fairly simple; you could have a jagged, flat, bumpy and blocky surface. These surfaces would not act as elevations, they would act simply as if they were normal terrains.

7) A Physics System that can be Modified: The designer would able to change a series of constant values (i.e. gravitational force, coefficient of static and kinetic friction). The designer would also have the ability to distort simple equations in order to create surreal effects.

8) A Component Based Trigger Systems: Several games already possess such a system as they dwarf non component based trigger systems by providing greater power and flexibility. A component based trigger system basically allows you to construct the components of triggers before you actually construct the trigger itself. In turn these components can be used in multiple triggers. The next step up from a component based trigger system would be one that operates in a similar fashion to windows.

9) Numerical Elevations: Elevation levels are denoted with a numerical value.

10) Saving your triggers/conditions/effects/objects/areas: the ability to copy all of your triggers/conditions/effects/objects/areas into a .txt file so that you can "load" them into a new scenario that you are designing without having to remake everything.

11) Multiplayer scenario testing: The ability to be able to test the multiplayer scenario as any player without going online.

12 A campaign editor: An editor which allows you choose what scenarios you would like in a campaign and the media you like in the campaign. (I know this sounds like an odd request, as this is fairly standard for editors now, but I certain game that came out recently completely forgot to put one in.)

13) Text editing system: Empires has a really nice system that allows you to change the colour, alignment and size of the text in areas where text is displayed. They also use a system that allows you to implant any numerical condition within a text section. This is great for things like kill counters, death counters, etc.

14) Unit Pathways This function would be similar to tasking units to an area only you would be able to define a path that the unit can walk along.

15) A Manual

• Trigger, that lets you turn one walkable land-skin into the other (for example: in my scenario it starts to snow, and I can turn the grass-skin off the landscape into a snow-skin).

• Trigger, that lets you turn any unit into a campaign hero (a unit that’s reborn after dieing).

• Extensive guide which explains how to use the editor, make campaigns, tips and tricks with triggers, etcetera.

• An easy to use campaign editor.

• Beta-versions of certain buildings available as eye-candy in the editor (like this building).

• Objects cannot only turned left/right in the editor, but also up/down (so you get upside-down buildings).

• Bridges, where both water-units can pass under, and land-units can go over.

• Being able to give different wonder or Titan skins in the editor to a particular civilization (for example: a Poseidon player has a Isis wonder; wonder skins are not bound to a particular civilization -at least not in the editor).

• Sea walls, like in The Conquerors

• An animation editor

Random map scripting features

• Extensive guide which explains how to create and use your own random map scripts.

AI scripting features

• Extensive guide which explains how to create and use your own AI scripts.

Other Suggestions

• One should be able to choose backgrounds and/or skins for the main menu and ESO.

• An in-game music selecter.

• Being able to set your own player colour that only you can see (so you can make your civilization have a radioactive green colour, without the other players getting annoyed ).

• Be able to edit your original created name on ESO, so one can still keep his ratings after joining a clan.

• User-friendly reporting of error messages, to make it easier for people to fix problems: a list of possible causes and solutions for errors should be standard, and the game should give a direct hyperlink to the relevant online support community at the Microsoft website.

• An editor for the rollover help.

• More menu backgrounds, and being able to choose between them.

• More music tracks for different civs.

Updated

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian_112 (edited 02-02-2005 @ 09:47 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 12-31-04 01:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 513  
    The settlement taking in AOM was a pain, and you couldn't reach the 200 pop cap unless you moves right up to the enemy and held every other settlement. Realistic building sizes would be a great idea, and it would be cool if, like as in Tropico, you could see guys walking in and out of buildings. Civilizations from all around the world would be great, and there need to be at least 14. AOM clamed to have 9 (because of minor gods), but come on... there were really only 3. What's ironic is that AOM used a 3D gfx engine, but AOK had 2D buildings. I think that the buildins in AOK actually had better graphics that AOM! (Buildings in AOM were kind of blocky and didn't have smooth edges.)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diem nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut lacreet dolore. In the middle of a room stands a suicide. Magna aliguam erat volutpat. Ut wisis enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tution ullam corper suscipit lobortis. Eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum delenit au duis dolore te feugat nulla facilisi. I began at awareness.
    posted 12-31-04 01:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 513  

Quote:

Besides that, us scenario designers

should be:

Besides that, we scenario designers

I trust ES to make the best game ever........

have embelishment buildings useless building for eyecandy wouold be nice....

posted 12-31-04 02:15 AM EDT (US)     3 / 513  
    Updated with new suggestions
    posted 12-31-04 03:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 513  
    Relics worth while?
    Make relics Worth something. One thing I remember most about AoK is fighting over relics. Yeah they only gave you extra gold but it was worth the fight. The relics in AoM where ok but the bonuses they gave where not that efective. If the relics are going to give you some sort of tech upgrade then make the upgrade worth while. Not just barely effect a units stats.

Buildings and Walls that Last
    Something I loved about AoK is the castles. Once you had one built you knew it was there to last and not become just a big terraign paper weight that would fall to a few standard troops like a stack of cards. The castles in AoK actually defended and did big damage to an army. Same goes for towers as well.

To Convert, or Not to Convert
    One unit I miss is the Monks from AoK. Granted they where there and had thier purpose. That purpose may not be needed in AoM. But religion was a huge thing during the colonial periods. Make units that can convert enemy units. It's a small thing I know but it is the small things that really add up in the end.

Unique Civ Appearance
    When I play as the French. I wan't to believe I am playing the French. Not just a British look-a-like that is called French. They where simular in styles but there was enough strong differances to tell them apart. Implement this in the game please. Rumors say there are only 8 civs in this installment. Make those 8 civs unique in thier own way as much as possible.

World Map Conquest
    There was rumors of this and quite frankly I hope they are true. If not then ES might want to consider this. One thing I though that really hurt single player options was the lack of it period. A World Map Conquest mode would fit this perfect. It may not be a huge hit in MP but Single Players would love it. A Risk type of fitting but with the AGE series feel [If that can remotely make sence]. Single player games that might last days would just be awsome and strongly contribute to the single player end.

Allied or Enemy?
    The ability to change allied stances with computer players during game play would be great. I remember AoK had something simular to this and it was alot of fun. Bring this back with some improvments please. There was nothing more fun then watching the Computer AI plea for you to change stances during the game. It improved the feel for the game IMO.

Modding Capabilities
    Ohh you knew I was going to mention this ES. If I didn't I am sure someone would of. Lets be real here. Alot of the games coming out is supporting the Modding community. I think it is about time ES did the same. Not only will it build a wider/bigger fan base but it will improve the life span of the game. Games like Dungeon Siege whome have been out for years now is Still filled to the brim with fans in the community. Mods being released like Elemental for DS give so much to the game it is not even funny. Include convertion tools for the textures/models/file types. Include notes on how the game engine/files/structure works. Give us the ability to fully mod it. You will not regret it in the end.

Umm...that is all I can think of atm. I also agree that AoE3 should include the Japanese Civ....We Want Samurai Dang-it.

Ohh and here is one more.
    Don't forget the Little People
    Just like AoM had the option to play the game in low grphic settings. Please try to include this in AoE3 so those of us who can't afford the new power housemachines can still play the game. [Be kind to my bank account please]wheres the puppy dog eyes smily when I need it

£¿ïþß첩û £¤® ~ ¿ïØûîÐ £í® §üÐ줧
    Ô¿ÿmþîåñ §â££ ã §ÅÇ
    Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.

[This message has been edited by FlipBizcut (edited 12-31-2004 @ 03:27 AM).]

posted 12-31-04 03:40 AM EDT (US)     5 / 513  
    I'd like someone to thoroughly test the more obvious strats for multiplayer (rush, boom, fast-3rd-age, cav-swarming, age of buildings) so that things are fairly balanced without lots of patching.

veni, vidi, scripti
    posted 12-31-04 04:00 AM EDT (US)     6 / 513  
    Updated Keep up the suggestions and who knows, AoE III might really become a proper successor to AoK:TC.
    posted 12-31-04 04:09 AM EDT (US)     7 / 513  

Quote:

Realistic building sizes would be a great idea, and it would be cool if, like as in Tropico, you could see guys walking in and out of buildings.

I disagree, to make the buildings that big compared to the units they'd have the zoom the cmaera out which would make it harder to micro units properely. They do things like that for a reason. Gameplay > Reason

ada
    posted 12-31-04 04:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 513  
    ^ You are wrong. In both Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings and Cossacks, the buildings are scaled to a eye-pleasing realistic size and the units are still large and good.
    posted 12-31-04 04:46 AM EDT (US)     9 / 513  
    Have you seen the size of a castle in real life? Compared to a castle you'd be tiny.

Quote:

A better ESO. I never liked the first one- it was too hard to set up a match, you could get bored trying to set one up, it had connection problems and you couldn't really track down your friends.

I acknowledge that there are connection problems and you can't track friends but you've got to be joking saying it was hard to set up a match.
    Click Quick Setup, choose god, press Launch. Compare that with AoK where you had to go into the rated rooms, it could take quite a while to find a a game.

ada

[This message has been edited by You_Are_Pwned (edited 12-31-2004 @ 04:49 AM).]

posted 12-31-04 05:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 513  
    ESO used to have lagg problems but know its a brilliant system.

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
    Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
    posted 12-31-04 05:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 513  
    Its too late, IMO, for them to add civilizations.

Also, comparing AoK and AoM graphics is not a good idea considering both use two totally different engines, and since AoD is totally 3d expect more AoMish style graphics.

Apart from that, the only thing I want is a good scenario Editor, since ES has already proved time and time again that they can make great games to play.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
    A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    posted 12-31-04 05:14 AM EDT (US)     12 / 513  
    Hey- I didn't like the whole convert-units-with-monks thing from AoE and AoM...probably the most annoying and stupid thing in the game, IMO :P. That's part of the reason why I consider AoM to be the end of evolution for 'Age' games- because of how damned unique and fun the sides are to play, the original campaign, the graphics (which i still think look great today)...

THe only converting was by Set's priests, and that was only to dumb animals, not enemy units. It was handled very well, and I think it made the whole game a lot more fun...but I guess a lot of you don't think so :P.

As for building scale, I think it was fine in Age of Mythology, but bigger buildings ala Age of Kings would be fine, too.

I really liked the way town centers were handled in AoM. I think that building tons of town centers and rushing WITH town centers took away from the atmosphere of the game in AoE and AoK...AoM was so much more fun because of the settlement system .

And I wouldn't be on this forum if I wasn't an AoM fan, right? :P

GRUNT'S UBER COMICS OF DOOM! READ!
    http://rol.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=91&st=recent&f=4,91,0,10]z00t[/url]
    RoL Online Nick:
    ESO name:[/b][url=http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/EntityStats.aspx?loc=en-US&EntityName=z00t&md=ZS_Supremacy]z00t
    posted 12-31-04 05:15 AM EDT (US)     13 / 513  
    Though I disagree with some of your suggestions, Guardian, I'd like to have

Large Ships:
    Ships that are expensive, big, powerful and that take many pop slots. Maybe even units that can be seen on their decks, depending on how many are garrisoned, would be cool.

A "Select Units In Area" Trigger Command:
    With this command one could select units in a certain area and add a new command like "Convert" and voilà; it's "Convert Units in Area". Or "Teleport Units In Area", or "Rename Units in Area" or anything else.

Quote:

(Relics giving 1 gold per second would be awesome)

*Ahem*

And I liked the TC idea actually pretty much; now TCs actually had a sense. Moreover one had to control certain territories.

[This message has been edited by AoMPlayer000 (edited 12-31-2004 @ 05:27 AM).]

posted 12-31-04 05:34 AM EDT (US)     14 / 513  
    I'd also like an alteration to the Random Map design so that, in maps such as Ghost Lake and Med, the gold is not all shifted off to one side.

veni, vidi, scripti
    posted 12-31-04 05:46 AM EDT (US)     15 / 513  
    wtf?????/ many pop slots????? you forget what happen with aom and many pop slot.... you only have very few units in the field to battle, and that sucks big time, make all units cost 1damn pop slot and gime army of 100 units if i wanted dammit
    posted 12-31-04 06:18 AM EDT (US)     16 / 513  
    Editor suggestion

Add a kills ratio condition!

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
    posted 12-31-04 06:56 AM EDT (US)     17 / 513  
    Let us play the game, not vice versa.

Seriously, I want to build my own units, do my own scouting, personally advance through the ages, and actually have to look after the economy. In AoM:TT, with infinite farms, infinite trade, and auto queue, I felt more or less obsolete.

The things that you get rid of during development - save them as options or in the map editor.

Yep. I still can't forget the awesome lighting effects AoM had pre-release.

Also I think that choosing American revolution when in the same time frame was European 17th century, one huge war which very few RTSes covered before, was a terrible idea, but I'll stop bitching now.

And can someone rip the "(ES, Look in here!)" off the title? I read it in an interview that they never check threads with a huge "ES OMG LOOK!1" on them.

[This message has been edited by Shusky (edited 12-31-2004 @ 07:00 AM).]

posted 12-31-04 07:13 AM EDT (US)     18 / 513  

Quote:

infinite farms

Hey, that's a good thing IMO. I hated those ugly dirty grass spots in AoK that emerged after a field was "empty". And it was too much micro managing IMO.
    posted 12-31-04 07:31 AM EDT (US)     19 / 513  
    That is an issue that would have to be compromised. Yes, they exhausted too often in AoK, but on the other hand, you felt you had to manage your town. I'd opt for bigger food limit and TC-style farm queues, or maybe some completely other solution. If I got it
    posted 12-31-04 07:32 AM EDT (US)     20 / 513  
    I once posted at AoMJ to include a Animation viewer (though I said using movies, not the unit) and they cam out with one in TT, coincedence? Probably
    posted 12-31-04 07:33 AM EDT (US)     21 / 513  
    Whoah, Shusky just pointed out my two main points just minutes before I would do it. great minds think alike, eh?

I'd like to elaborate on the first point though, because that's what put put me off in TT. I was addicted to AoM, kept returning to the game if I left it for a few months, and enjoyed it to no end. TT ended that. The main reason for that was the automatizing.

Suddenly, it didn't matter wether I could manage my economy or not; I had three times less villagers to worry about, I didn't need to build drop-off points at all, I didn't have to make villagers anymore. I just selected the TC, clicked autoqueue, and there is the economy. Scouting? I moved the stupid Oracles and let them sit still. Then, I yawned, and moved a villager once in a while.
    In battles, I let my longhouses or counter-barracks automatically spew out units, and I canceled one unit and made another to counter whatever my enemy set their autoqueues to. HOORAY! Myth units were also jolly good fun with units being converted to heroes whenever they wanted to. Bye-bye strategy. (Yeah, I know there won't be myth units in AoD, but it's just an example).

I'd much rather have a game without auto-queue, without auto-scouting (TT didn't go that far, but came pretty close), without auto-aging (Whaaaa... Let's completely kill rushes? As if TT didn't do that enough? I'll admit I don't know enough about this, though), witout everything done to make managing everything as easy as possible.

Quote:

To Convert, or Not to Convert

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that ES removed that because it was frustrating to both players. Either you converted a unit, and your enemy was annoyed, or you failed, and the whole thing was completely useless, in which case you were annoyed. Units to damage one another doesn't have that flaw.

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
    I blame these purple things.
    GFWL: NilePenguin
    posted 12-31-04 07:42 AM EDT (US)     22 / 513  
    Where does it say there'll be auto ageing? That would be stupid.

ada
    posted 12-31-04 07:44 AM EDT (US)     23 / 513  

Quote:

Hey, that's a good thing IMO. I hated those ugly dirty grass spots in AoK that emerged after a field was "empty". And it was too much micro managing IMO.

NO WAY. The farms in AoK:TC totally outclass those in AoM. Making you pay everytime a farm 'respawned' made them more valuable and worth protecting, IMO AoE III should have 'payable' farms.

Updated

posted 12-31-04 07:45 AM EDT (US)     24 / 513  

Quote:

Where does it say there'll be auto ageing? That would be stupid.

In that >100 reply thread, around the middle

Ah, I knew this smiley would come in handy.

[This message has been edited by Shusky (edited 12-31-2004 @ 07:46 AM).]

posted 12-31-04 07:48 AM EDT (US)     25 / 513  
    God, I love that smiley

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
    I blame these purple things.
    GFWL: NilePenguin
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Age of Empires III Fan Request Thread (ES, Look in here!)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames