You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AoE3 screenshot gallery (Screenshot thread)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 01-04-05 11:45 AM EDT (US)   
http://aom.heavengames.com/gallery/aoe3

Just letting you ladies know we've open a screenshot gallery for AoE3 screenshots, and we will be uploading new screenshots as soon as they come out.

Replies:
posted 01-04-05 11:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 87  
Thanks for collecting them!

Is it just me or are those lily-pads much to big in relation to everything else? Other than that it looks top-notch and in scale (something I haven't seen very often, esp. in an RTS).

- Pete

[This message has been edited by Angel Pete (edited 01-04-2005 @ 11:52 AM).]

posted 01-04-05 11:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 87  
posted 01-04-05 11:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 87  
The buildings are slightly too small, just as the ships, still. But it's getting better ^^. I want to see the physics on the people!
posted 01-04-05 11:51 AM EDT (US)     4 / 87  
I love the little river, it just looks soooo real!

posted 01-04-05 11:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 87  
*drools uncontrollably*

Zen
posted 01-04-05 11:57 AM EDT (US)     6 / 87  
The screenshots are amazing: soldiers reload their guns, lights in houses, realistic water, pretty ships, buffalos, trains, etc. It doesn't look like ships have a crew but it would be cool if they decide to have units walk on the decks, load canons or even fight.

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude
posted 01-04-05 12:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 87  
Jee, concept art.

Intelligent alien life does exist, otherwise they would have contacted us.
posted 01-04-05 12:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 87  
Where did you get the concept art from?
And there is a samurai? O_O

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades

[This message has been edited by Argalius (edited 01-04-2005 @ 12:08 PM).]

posted 01-04-05 12:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 87  
I got it from mylesohowe's post.

posted 01-04-05 12:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 87  
Oh cool, I hadn't gone that far

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 01-04-05 12:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 87  
Interesting fellow...

posted 01-04-05 12:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 87  
Yea, I was like "wow!", any info on Japan during that time?

posted 01-04-05 12:22 PM EDT (US)     13 / 87  

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Contact with the West

The first contact with the West occurred about 1542, when a Portuguese ship, blown off its course to China, landed in Japan. Firearms introduced by Portuguese would bring the major innovation to Sengoku period culminating in the Battle of Nagashino where reportedly 3,000 rifles (actual number is believed to be around 2,000) cut down charging ranks of Samurai. During the next century, traders from Portugal, the Netherlands, England, and Spain arrived, as did Jesuit, Dominican, and Franciscan missionaries.

During the early part of the 17th century, Japan's Tokugawa Shogunate suspected that the traders and missionaries were actually forerunners of a military conquest by European powers. This caused the shogunate to place foreigners under progressively tighter restrictions. An English mariner named William Adams had journeyed with a Dutch fleet and been shipwrecked in Japan in 1600. He had managed to impress Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu with his seafaring knowledge and was made an honorary Samurai and granted a large estate. When English traders from the East India Company made landfall in 1613 they were able to obtain Adams' assistance, as a favourite of the Shogun, in establishing a factory - a house or place for mercantile factors or agents. Ultimately, Japan forced all foreigners to leave and barred all relations with the outside world except for severely restricted commercial contacts with Dutch and Chinese merchants at Nagasaki.

Russian encroachments from the north led the shogunate to extend direct rule to Hokkaido and Sakhalin in 1807 but the policy of exclusion continued. This isolation lasted for 200 years, until, on July 8, 1853, Commodore Matthew Perry of the U.S. Navy with four warships: the Mississippi, Plymouth, Saratoga, and Susquehanna, steamed into the bay at Edo (Tokyo) and displayed the threatening power of his ships' cannon. He demanded that Japan open to trade with the West. These ships became known as the kurofune, the Black Ships.

The following year, at the Convention of Kanagawa (March 31, 1854), Perry returned with seven ships and forced the Shogun to sign the "Treaty of Peace and Amity," establishing formal diplomatic relations between Japan and the United States. Within five years Japan had signed similar treaties with other western countries. The Harris Treaty was signed with the United States on July 29, 1858.

Within several years, renewed contact with the West profoundly altered Japanese society. After the brief Boshin War of 1868, the shogun was forced to resign, and the emperor was restored to power. The subsequent "Meiji Restoration" initiated many reforms. The feudal system was abolished, and numerous Western institutions were adopted, including a Western legal system and constitutional government along quasi-parliamentary lines.

Russian pressure from the north appeared again after Muraviev had gained Outer Manchuria at Aigun (1858) and Peking (1860). This led to heavy Russian pressure on Sakhalin which the Japanese eventually yielded in exchange for the Kuril islands (1875). The Ryukyu Islands were similarly secured in 1879, establishing the borders within which Japan would "enter the World". In 1898, the last of the "unequal treaties" with Western powers was removed, signalling Japan's new status among the nations of the world. In a few decades, by creating modern social, educational, economic, military, and industrial systems, the Emperor Meiji's "controlled revolution" had transformed a feudal and isolated state into a world power.

There you go

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 01-04-05 12:25 PM EDT (US)     14 / 87  
Ah, so if i find any other screens ( or others ) i ( or we ) can just post here and you guys update ? ( easyer for you staff to check this then alot uselles spammed threads )
posted 01-04-05 12:28 PM EDT (US)     15 / 87  
Sure, but if you want "credit" it's better if you post a topic here.

posted 01-04-05 12:29 PM EDT (US)     16 / 87  
Japan could be in the game because battles between Japan and European nations (wich are already confirmed to be in the game) would have been possible. Although AoE3 is also said to be "restricted to the new world", and as far as I know Japan never set foot on the so called "New World".

EDIT:

[This message has been edited by aom dude (edited 01-04-2005 @ 12:39 PM).]

posted 01-04-05 12:37 PM EDT (US)     17 / 87  

Quote:

as far as I know Japan never set foot on the so called "wew World"

Who did set foot on the "wew World"?

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 01-04-05 12:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 87  
well Ill be,

I am now almost assured that the Empire of Japan will be in the game,

wow,

I thought I saw the different Bombard Cannons also in a screenshot which reminded me of the Turkish Bombards,

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

posted 01-04-05 01:18 PM EDT (US)     19 / 87  
Firstly, that's concept art. Concept art does not mean they're in the game.

Secondly, there's a lot more SS than the ones you have up.

Thirdly, this should be stickied.

posted 01-04-05 01:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 87  
A lot more?

posted 01-04-05 01:22 PM EDT (US)     21 / 87  
I hope there are Japanese and Turks in the game, it would be kind of monotonous to have just Europeans... and it would also be cool if you could play as Native Americans (Aztecs and Mayas!!! Yeaaaaaaaahh!!!) but that won't be possible

"I HATE THE WORLD AND IT HATES ME TOO"
Loser of Mithrandir_88's Non-Award for Losing the "Whoever Gets the Last Post Loses" Thread
Winner of the "Craziest Forummer Award" AoMH Semi-Annual Awards '03
Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AOM

[This message has been edited by Zalpacuiztli (edited 01-04-2005 @ 01:22 PM).]

posted 01-04-05 01:24 PM EDT (US)     22 / 87  
You only have the new ones up, what about all the older ones, from the two articles.

posted 01-04-05 01:25 PM EDT (US)     23 / 87  
They were bad quality. And copyright.

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
posted 01-04-05 01:28 PM EDT (US)     24 / 87  
^Yup.

posted 01-04-05 01:59 PM EDT (US)     25 / 87  
Celtic curses!

Look at it, it's, it's too real, I wanna get off! it's too scarily good! Let me off the ride!

But stamp my hand so I can get back in later...

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » AoE3 screenshot gallery (Screenshot thread)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames