Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: On magazine scans and the like
posted 03-27-05 12:55 PM EDT (US)   
There have been a couple instances in the past where scans from magazine articles about AoE III have been posted on the forums. As far as I know - and please shoot me an email explaining otherwise if it is so - reproductions like that are not legal and HG can't allow them to be posted. We'll be editing them out of any post and I ask everyone to refrain from posting scans of magazine articles. We have been asked by magazines in the past to take down such scans. Talking about them is acceptable, however.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Edit: I'm sending an email to Computer Games Magazine, asking if it's cool for the scans to stay up. Just wait a couple days and we'll see how things work out.

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon

[This message has been edited by Angel Socvazius (edited 03-27-2005 @ 01:27 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-28-05 11:13 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
I just got an email from the Editor in Chief of Computer Games and he verified that "posting scans absolutely, 100% violates any and all copyright laws. This isn't even a debatable point: the scans make it so that people don't have to buy the magazine." It's basically like someone just copying all of the content from this site onto their site. Not good.

So no go with the scans.

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » On magazine scans and the like
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames