Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: GameSpot-Friend or Foe?
posted 06-02-05 02:26 PM EDT (US)   
Well, I'm pretty sure no one has posted this yet, but two (yes, TWO!) new screenshots are at good ol' GameSpot. Oh, and this is the link.

"My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last for ever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
"I threw a knife at a baby once." - Soc the Corrupted
Replies:
posted 06-02-05 02:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
Don't get the "Friend or Foe" thing .. anyway thanks for the pics!

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 06-02-05 02:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
Yeah, I don't get it either. But, since I can't change it, it's stuck that way!

"My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last for ever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

[This message has been edited by Salacon (edited 06-02-2005 @ 02:30 PM).]

posted 06-02-05 03:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
That screenshot of the sandy coastline is lovely ! Definitely the best screenshots that have been released thus far.
posted 06-02-05 07:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
too bad they dont have ppl on the warships. it would have been so cool to see some ppl flying off the ship from a cannon ball and splashing into the ocean.
posted 06-02-05 08:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Eh, you never know. Besides I'm sure the actual breaking up of the ship will be very realistic. If you all watched the E3 Gameplay movies, you would have seen when the demonstrator brought up a cannon to blast away at one of the nearby houses to show the physics engine in the game. The house reacted to how and where the ball hit it, and shards flew off from that area, and a hole was seen. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate this into ship warefare.. holes in the sails and hull would be awesome.

The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to the assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his men are slain, while the town still remains untaken. Such are the disastrous effects of a siege.
posted 06-02-05 08:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
hmm

The general, unable to control his irritation, will launch his men to the assault like swarming ants, with the result that one-third of his men are slain, while the town still remains untaken. Such are the disastrous effects of a siege.
posted 06-02-05 09:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Very nice screen shot =), you think that massive cannon on the cliff actually shoots?
posted 06-02-05 10:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
I sure hope that massive gun on the cliff shoots.

[This message has been edited by Salacon (edited 06-02-2005 @ 10:29 PM).]

posted 06-02-05 10:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
The Russian Home City screenshot makes a really cool background

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
posted 06-03-05 09:22 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
Yeah, it does. But test the English one
(atleast i,m think it's english and dont remember where it came from)
posted 06-03-05 10:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 11  

Quote:

I sure hope that massive gun on the cliff shoots.

I reckon it does. I bet that is a gun that you can build, rather than train - it looks permanent to me. Hopefully it'll be called a Coastal Defence Cannon which could be useless against land targets, but great against naval vessels. I can only wish....

Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » GameSpot-Friend or Foe?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames