You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sorry, another HC question....
posted 06-23-05 10:17 PM EDT (US)   
Yea, I know...enough with the HC questions, we'll all find out in like 6 months!!! But still, I've been pondering this....

Do you only have 1 home city or do you have 1 home city for each civ? For instance, if I'm not the best Ottoman player, so I never play them...my Ottoman home city level will stagnate and not progress. On the other hand, my British HC level may be through the roof.

I assume you'll have 8 different home cities for each respective civ., but just checking...

btw, this will have a HUGE effect on going 'random civ' or having random civ games...if you only play as Germany, while you may have a lot of upgrades and units unlocked for them, you'll be lacking on the other 7 civs....i do like this idea, it forces you to try and get to know the other civilizations.

Replies:
posted 06-23-05 10:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15  
You already have one thread, ask your question in there.

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
Coolness:
Smartness:
Sexyness:
posted 06-23-05 10:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15  
We should make a final HOME CITY QUESTIONS THREAD hehe

I like your question though...
Random Civ + HC = Confusion

I have no idea actually...Hopefully ES will answer

★★★★★
posted 06-23-05 10:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15  
yea, the more i thought about, the more confusing it became...and hopefully we will get answers heh heh.
posted 06-25-05 01:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15  
sooo...any ideas or explanations? i really can't think of what would happen.
posted 06-25-05 02:16 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15  
ES has said that there will be a different home city for each civ.

Lord Cyrus
posted 06-25-05 06:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 15  
And uhmm, is the home city level your rating level at which you will compete, or is the point system still here?

(-speaker-)
:unsure:
posted 06-25-05 08:55 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15  
You HC level and your rank are separate, i believe that the rank is used in matching peopel up for games, and the HC level is taken into accot afterwards, as its possible to beat people with a HC level above yours.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 06-25-05 09:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15  
A separate Home City for every civ. You can also have multiple Home Cities under any one civ and choose between them from a list.

Or so I've heard.

posted 06-28-05 01:10 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15  
You can have as many HCs as you want. Most of us tend to have only one per civ, but you can have more if you choose.

In matchmaking, your rating is used to find players. If none of those players have HCs of the same level as yours, then you are limited to using only lower powered HC shipments.

posted 06-28-05 02:04 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15  

Quote:

In matchmaking, your rating is used to find players. If none of those players have HCs of the same level as yours, then you are limited to using only lower powered HC shipments.

You are a genius!

“Shoot coward, you are only going to kill a man.”
Last words of Ernesto “Che” Guevara

http://rateyourmusic.com/~LightSpectra

posted 06-28-05 10:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15  
That still doesn't answer the random nation type question.

"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

AB Solutions - Web Design

posted 06-28-05 10:56 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15  
you'll get a seperate HC for random nations, becaus every nation has another HC... sounds very logical -_-

"Give me Age of Empires, sir, and you may keep your Warcraft."
posted 06-28-05 11:09 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15  
ofcourse not.., random determines civ.., civ then determines which HC u use automaticly (??!) or you then can pick the HC;
It could only be picked auto when you have only 1 HC per civ.., or the program just picks the first HC it finds of the correct civ?

CU,
deduijk

posted 06-28-05 11:29 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15  
random could pick a random HC or it could pick a random civ and then it'll take your default HC. If it's the last then you'd need to set a default HC per civ.

"Give me Age of Empires, sir, and you may keep your Warcraft."
posted 06-28-05 07:01 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15  
As if keeping player info/rankings/ratings isn't enough all this info for HC's is going to bog down the network.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Sorry, another HC question....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames