Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Inca warrior??
posted 06-24-05 08:26 PM EDT (US)   
i know theres a thread bout the native tribes.. but i think this is a big deal.. theres a general opinion among the peruvian gaming community about the game and to be specific about the Inca tribe.. i know its not confirmed yet but theres a big chance that they will be included.. ES has even made art work about an Inca warrior.. so.. we are really excited bout the Incas being added finally in an AoE game.. being peruvian and all ofc but we are all worried about something.. the art work i mentioned of the Inca warrior: chilche..

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/gallery/aoe3_concept_art/chilche_800x600
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/gallery/aoe3_concept_art/aag

it looks really cool and all.. and its pretty original.. but the problem is that it doesnt look like an Inca at all.. many ppl think its not even close.. now the axe, the earrings, the sun collar.. its all fine.. but cmon.. this is what an inca should look like:

http://spider.georgetowncollege.edu/languages/spanish/pcooper/spa322/s322Imagenes/MancoCapac.jpg
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/argentina/mancocapac.jpg
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/argentina/incapachacutec.jpg

we hope ES understands.. since they are researching so much about all the tribes.. they should know this already.. so maybe they can do something about it.. or at least explain a bit what they are planning to do with the Incas.. we would all appreciate it

BsK_tAnK @ BsKzone
UL_King_tAnK @ UL_Kings
Replies:
posted 06-24-05 09:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
I compleately agree with you, I have wanted to see Incan slingers in action, in the 1st drawing by ES, the axe looked a bit like metal.. or maybe it's just me.

Wich of the following locations you like the best?: Fortified Estate, Inside a Supernova, is Out of Sync
Hot girl thread!
posted 06-24-05 11:24 PM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
remember that the concept art is really really pre-alpha stage. there are units in the concept art that we know aren't even in the game anymore.

[This message has been edited by Carltheshivan (edited 06-24-2005 @ 11:24 PM).]

posted 06-25-05 00:54 AM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
yes, like the samurai....no samurai, well, not yet. you'll get news on the Inca at some point, i'm sure.
posted 06-25-05 00:56 AM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
The samurai/Japanese warrior was confirmed a long time ago.
posted 06-25-05 01:07 AM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
whhhaaa? is it a merc after all then?
posted 06-25-05 04:03 AM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
yes, the samorai is mercenary
posted 06-25-05 05:00 AM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Yes, the Inca's looked really different from that concept art, this is how real inca's looked like:

[ur=http://www.qosqo.com/images/inka4.jpg]Inca Chieftain[/url]
Inca King
Inca Royal Guards

And this is how the Inca warriors mostly looked like (they had mostly a square schield and a mace or spear):
Common Inca Warrior
Inca Warriors
Inca Warrior Statue
Inca Warrior Toy

maces:
Part of an Inca Mace
head of an Inca Mace

Inca City
Inca Wall
Inca Building

It all looks very cool, I really hope that the Inca's are in the game as a Native Tribe in South-America. I hope there will be an Inca Slinger in it and an Inca Warrior with a mace and a square shield.

posted 06-25-05 05:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
I reckon that art was made for fun.. I mean how could they use a cartoonish style concept art

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
posted 06-25-05 12:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
whoever said that was there final design that an inca warrior is going to look like. if they do make him look like that then im sure there going to touch him up and make him look better and not so cartoonish

[This message has been edited by OD_Godfather (edited 06-25-2005 @ 01:07 PM).]

posted 06-25-05 02:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
As far as I can see the only thing is that he needs more clothes. Apart from that it's not that bad

"Give me Age of Empires, sir, and you may keep your Warcraft."
posted 06-25-05 03:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
sure they would be freaking awesome, but didn't they fall before the game started?

^ very original and thought provoking statement ^
posted 06-25-05 04:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
NO, if you want some info, read about Tupac Amaru II and wath he did in 1780

Sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina
posted 06-25-05 08:11 PM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
Hey Tankecito I'm from Lima too... I'm so excited we're gonna have finally incas in aoe3 I was rather disappointed when they werent in Aok. The warrior in the screenshot is a hero and his name was Chilche but i dont think it'll make it to the campaign... my hopes are that the battles of Junin and Ayacucho are some of the last scenarios in the campaign but we wont have incas there
posted 06-26-05 12:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
it's guaranteed the Incas are in, if you're doing a game on colonialization of the New World how can you even leave out Pinochet and the Incas??
posted 06-26-05 12:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23  

Quote:

it's guaranteed the Incas are in, if you're doing a game on colonialization of the New World how can you even leave out Pinochet and the Incas??

Pinochet? I hope you mean Pizarro. I mean, as much fun as running a shadowy junta that has a nasty proclivity to torture...

Then again, I suppose Pizarro- or any of the Conquistadors, are just as bad. Bleh. I suppose being Batolomé de las Casas isn't quite appropriate for a RTS though, eh? Although the ES concept art certainly smacked of Orientalism (y'know, in the larger sense that has nothing to do with Said or the term Orient)- but then, I suppose that's rather the point. The damn stuff is pervasive.

Anyway, ES is generally smart people, so I trust it'll do a good job of balancing a fun game with the notably less enjoyable historical reality. Even if it will be messier than a game like AoE where you could hardly freak out that Assyria was discriminated against, since everyone was the same goofy little Rogganing sprite.

Well, now we will finish talking and go to his funeral dinner.
Don't be put out at our eating pancakes-
it's a very old custom and there's something nice in that!
You don't know it, but you belong here

[This message has been edited by Hal4 (edited 06-26-2005 @ 12:34 PM).]

posted 07-30-05 02:00 AM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3492/chilche8ms.png

hmm.. apparently ES doesnt really care about this and like i said.. it is a big deal

BsK_tAnK @ BsKzone
UL_King_tAnK @ UL_Kings
posted 07-30-05 02:43 AM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
it is only a big deal for a very small minority, too small to affect sales, and therefore it is not worth it to them to change it.
posted 07-30-05 06:14 AM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
a small minority? almost all south america? cmon.. im not saying i wont buy the game if they keep em like that.. what i dont get is why, if they claim to be historically accurate, they would make incas look like that when its obvious (and they should know it if they checked their history) that real incas were quite different. its just not logical to me.. might as well give comanches an oriental look, or aztecs blonde hair just to make em look "cooler".. doesnt make any sense right?

BsK_tAnK @ BsKzone
UL_King_tAnK @ UL_Kings

[This message has been edited by tAnKeCitO (edited 07-30-2005 @ 06:15 AM).]

posted 07-30-05 07:40 AM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
did you see any ingame screenshot of an inca warrior? no, so you have no idea whatt hey will look like
posted 07-30-05 01:21 PM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
Do you have any Idea how different the Concept Art is from the final product? I mean, have you seen the Janissary Concept Art, as compared to the Janissary shown in the Civs page? Big difference. I don't know about other units though. If that Chilche person is a hero, he'll probably be different from regular Incas.
posted 07-31-05 04:49 AM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
its not artwork anymore as u can see in the last pic i posted.. which i got from aoe3 site.. anyway i hope u are right.. but sadly ur guess is as good as mine..

BsK_tAnK @ BsKzone
UL_King_tAnK @ UL_Kings
posted 07-31-05 04:52 AM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
You think that pic is in game?

thats just artwork

[This message has been edited by schildpad (edited 07-31-2005 @ 04:52 AM).]

posted 07-31-05 05:42 AM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
its obvious that the pic isnt in game.. its the fact that the pic isnt a "sketch" anymore.. so imho making that pic required too much effort to just refer to it as regular "artwork".. then again maybe it didnt.. still its in the official page so it must mean something..

forgive me if i sound repetitive or annoying.. but im just afraid of that big mistake happenning.. and as u can see theres a chance it could happen

BsK_tAnK @ BsKzone
UL_King_tAnK @ UL_Kings

[This message has been edited by tAnKeCitO (edited 07-31-2005 @ 05:46 AM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Inca warrior??
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames