Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The AoE3 story thread!!!
posted 09-04-05 11:05 PM EDT (US)   
I thought that this forum needed a thread solely for Age of Empires III Stories. This thread is for stories only about AoE3, please only post stories and/or POSITIVE comments and or CONSTRUCTIVE critiscm e.g. Philbo I really liked your stiry, but it seemed to meander a little. No "Philbo, your story blows, get off the forum." Please only post stories set in proper time and place, do not make them to long, and USE PROPER PUNCTUATION, I cannot emphasize enough how bad stories without puntuation are. Here is an example story

The weary party of infantry men trudged through the Texas desert, many in need of a cool drink or bit of bread.
The Commander of these men stood in full uniform, hoping to encourage the men as they slowly filed by. The stench of sweat and blood was everywhere, flies buzzed around everyone but the men were to tired to swat them away. Several of the men were sick and being carried on makeshift stretchers of sticks and straw. Their only glimmer of hope was to make it to Fort Cotton, some week's walk away, an eternity in the bleak desert. Even the men who were fortunate enough to have horses were exhausted, and their mounts equally so.

Then a shout, "Gunfire, from the north by the looks of it"
"Dismount and get the cannons ready, I want those Brits to know who there messin' with!!!" Roared the Commander. Even the weariest of the men quickly leaped into action, Pulling out Muskets and Rifles and fumbling with the priming mechanism's, soon they were firing back, even as their comrades were falling beside them. The deep boom of artillery fire echoed through the quiet desert. Shouts and screams filled the air. Soon the men were blinded by gunsmoke and dust, groping with their weapons and some simply drawing swords and charging the enemy battle lines.

Soon both forces were exhausted from battle and praying simply to live through this seemingly neverending nightmare. Then the booming stopped, and they saw with wonder a white flag coming from across the vast desert. Several of them looked to see a scene of destruction and death before them and they soon realized that the battle was over, and they had won!!! The man carrying the white flag was soon among them, asking in broken English where the commander was, everyone looked around in wonder, fearing the worst, they soon saw him, with a sword through his chest, blood seeping over his uniform. His breathing was shallow, and his heartbeat was faint, but he uttered these words, "I'm, I'm sorry" and his voice tralied into nothingness. But something was wrong, the sword through his chest was not a sword used by their adversaries, and slowly the truth dawned on his men.

By Philbo

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
Replies:
posted 09-04-05 11:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
Yeah, good idea, and folks, watch spelling also, its all the difference between correct and cordick.
posted 09-05-05 00:23 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
I looked around me, at my fellow Braves. All were tired and muttering to each other.
"I commander in cheif of the Braves, order a full assualt on the fort of wich these white devils sought refuge upon."
i yelled to my men.
A mighty cheer arose from the broken men, their families and tribesmen were dead, and now they wanted revenge!
They got up grabbed weapons and mounts and prepared for battle.
Alas not all white men were evil the so called French had allied themselves with us. they gave us food and water, and weapons! we marched on the fort at dawn and took the English unawares. the noise and rain beat down upon the soldiers as they fought for freedom. the smell of blood and gun powder filled the air and by mid day the fort was ours!

dreams come a size too big so that u can grow into them!
posted 09-05-05 03:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
The smoke from Fort Cotton rose from the horizon like a beacon. Smell of the devastation carried across the barren plain and infested itself in the very clothes of General Renault's weary soldiers. They were too late, that was obvious. Forward scouts had been returning for the past hour, but their reports were all the same. Total devastation. Massacre. No survivors.

Though they had not heard the reports themselves, the men knew what news the scouts carried. Worry showed on even the most hardened mens faces. Grimly, General Renault thought to himself, "if they knew what we truly faced, they'd be headed for the hills by now!". It was worse than he'd expected. Their small force of 200 men and a small battery of artillery were outnumbered almost five to one. They'd also be outgunned, thanks to the bloody French. With this thought, the General shoved his finely crafted rapier into the dry west-Texas dirt in disgust. Regaining his composure for the sake of morale, he passed the word for camp to be made for the night. The fire from the city on the horizon insured that no man slept well that night.

The silence of the night was broken by the sound of frantic hoof-beats. Shaking himself awake, the General grabbed his pistol and opened the flap to his tent. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness of early morning, it became clear that the enemy would soon be upon them. The horse standing before him was bloodied and panting; the scout atop it doing a very good impression of the fabled headless horseman. Adrenaline quickly relieved the burden of weariness, and the seasoned soldier sprang into action. No trumpet sound was made; each soldier was wakened quietly and urged to take up position on the hill to the east. An hour passed, and the rising sun began to illuminate the bleary plain. A good distance away, the first of their enemy could be seen clearly. With a drop of his rapier, the first volley of artillery unleashed itself upon the world, and the battle began...

posted 09-05-05 04:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Thump...Thump...Thump...Slowly but surely a massive army of elephants appeared from behind some hills. Some were manned by Iroquios Indians (who had decided to expand their empire eastward due to divine inspiration), while others were trudging on forward against their will due to new mind control techniques invented by the dinosaurs (particularly the Brontosaurus) which allowed them to look forward into the future and take control of any mammal they wished.
General Renault and his men stood there aghast while flocks of hundreds of eagles were flying up and dropping sperm whales from above. Men were shrieking and prancing about like little girly men while their brains were being stomped to bits by raging elephants and falling whales.
Soon the French, British and Iroquios were all fighting for control of the Fort made of cotton. But suddenly a new challenger appeared. In the distance, machine gun in each hand, appeared a machine, the likes of which none had ever seen. It's little beady eyes shone red as it was cutting down all the soldiers in half with its 1 metre calibre bullets, whilst looking for John Connor...Little did the terminator know, but it was in the wrong year, the wrong decade, and even........the wrong Century.............
posted 09-05-05 04:07 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
....Errr...But then General Renault woke up and it was all a dream...and he got back to the matter at hand which was commanding the artillery.
posted 09-06-05 00:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Great stories guy's, but please, make them serious, also try to include a title for voting purposes.

Stonewall Pwns
posted 09-06-05 00:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
ya it was going along great with drama and action and... well, anyway, the dinosaur part was wierd. anyway this is a good idea... quite interesting... (go on with the story then!)

...cause God said so.
posted 09-06-05 08:29 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
The Haughton trilogy, part I

Commander Haughton surveyed his troop's, although they were new and some still wet behind the ears, he was sure that they would pull through. One man though, McNaught, seemed a little strange, and a little resistant to command. But Haughton could not afford to be choosy, the U.S. had few troops and less supplies, so they made do with anything they could get their hand's on. Hah! Back when he was in Britain there had been many men eager to join ranks and become a soldier, but with the war looking in Britain's favor, now few men would join the militia.

All that they were doing now was waiting for news of a need for the fresh troop's, except as to stay in Boston and defend it if the Brit's came. Haughton did not like this, waiting for the Brit's to come and attack, they should be driving the Brit's off of this continent, not simply waiting like ducks to be killed or sold into slavery. But order's were order's, and not to be taken lightly. The order's themselves were locked in his desk, and although they were his order's, he was not to open them before they recieved news of the Brit's latest move.

Soon Haughton retired, leaving his right hand man, Smith, to take charge and control the men. Although Haughton was tired, he did npt go to bed immediately, scenario's chased themselves around in his head, What if they attacked from the sea? Or what if they came in during the night, when the men were asleep or tires? What if they decided to siege? This, he decided, was the most likely option, so he made a note of it and went to bed, dreaming fitfully.

He was awoken when Smith came to his tent and told him that the night had gone well, and also that there was a general to see him. Haughton was vaguely surprised, as he was only a commander, and there was only one concievable reason why a general would want to see him, they would be sent to fight.

Once he got to the General's tent the General got up, stuck out his hand, and said quite heartily, "General Shelly, pleased to meet you." Again Haughton was surprised, this was not the strict, thin, tall, weedy General Shelly that Haughton had heard about, this man had a large mustache, round, boyish face, and was short. His personality was slightly amiss too, he seemed to genial, too happy, too carefree to be the General Shelly he had heard of.

Nevertheless, he returned the gesture saying, "Commander Haughton, pleased to meet you to." And stuck out his hand. From the moment he touched his superior's hand, he immediately knew that something was definitively amiss. Once Shelly had stuck out his arm, Haughton could see that the side of his uniform was spattered with fresh blood. This made him, if possible, more cautious than he had been before. However before he could crane his neck around to see more, the General had realized his error and quickly took back his hand. Soon the General asked Haughton to sit down, although Haughton did not. The General repeated this more forcefully, and Haughton decided it would be in his best interest to obey.

Once he had sat down, the general asked the servants to leave, and soon they were alone. The General's smile became more menacing, and he said, "What would you do if I told you that corruption and greed were running powerfully through the States?" Haughton immediately replied to this

"I wouldn't believe it for an instant"
"What if I asked you to join us, the British, and fight for our cause? What if I said that I am an assassin, sent here to kill you, and that several of the men who you thought were under your command, were really under mine? At the snap of my finger's, these men will kill you in an instant." At that moment, three men stepped from the shadow's, one of them he recognized, was McNaught, the othershe didn't.

"Go ahead and kill me then, coward" Quietly drawing a pistol behind his back.

To be continued...

Stonewall Pwns
posted 09-06-05 08:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
Sorry for the comments, but this is for Philbo's 1st post ...

"Gunfire, from the north by the looks of it" - Shouldnt u put "by the SOUND of it"

"I want those Brits to know who there messin' with!!!"
"asking in broken English" - Why are the British speaking in broken english?

just my two cents ...

posted 09-06-05 08:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
Twisted, both of those quotes would have been used at the time, and please, please PLEASE people, don't just post mean negative comments, no offense. also please contribute stories.

Stonewall Pwns
posted 09-06-05 09:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
they're not negative im making you're story make a little more sense. Anyway i was just saying, that they are fighting the British but then why does it say the British speak in broken english ...
posted 09-06-05 10:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
OK awesome. But next time please make opinion's known dunring voting season (and by the way I decided that I am impatient so NO NEW STORIES after Sept. 16th And NO VOTES before then.

Stonewall Pwns
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » The AoE3 story thread!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames