General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Enable Cards Above Level 9 MOD
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 09-14-05 04:53 AM EDT (US)   
I just finished/released a MOD that enables the effects (or intelligent guesses of the effects based upon the description) of nearly all of the cards of level 10 and above. The MOD can be d/l'ed at the following location:
Get it here

Installation instructions (also in the readme):
- 1. UnRAR the file to the Program Files\Age of Empires III\Data folder (or wherever you installed the game)
- 2. Run Age of Empires III
- 3. Enjoy!

View the readme for a few additional bits of info (how some cards still don't work).

I recommend using the past level 9 mod for this:
http://meia-boca.com/Age_Patch.zip

I also recommend starting a new Home City if you have been playing with the high level unlock MODs, to get the most out of choosing cards between levels. This is just my opinion though.

Have fun playing!

EDIT: new URL posted (here at AoE3H) with new v.1.01 (Adv. Trading Post + Wool Staple Ports update)

Gamespy nick: _AFO_Forsaken
All For One
All things considered, leaving the plunger in the toilet before going was probably a bad idea...
There are 2 kinds of people: those who try to install light bulbs, and those who make jokes about the people that try to install light bulbs.
If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade; if life throws you lemonade, make sure it doesn't throw it in your eyes.

[This message has been edited by Scot_free (edited 10-07-2005 @ 00:23 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-14-05 11:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 61  
Just gonna bump this up for more people to see it.

Good job again scot!

posted 09-14-05 11:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 61  
Great! I have been looking forward to this.
posted 09-14-05 11:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 61  
nice very nice

u've done more then me =p

time to go understand how these codes go together

posted 09-14-05 01:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 61  
@Scot_free- I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your work on enabling the cards. I was about half done and very tired of working on it.

Just to let you all know, there are some proto units in that arent in the game. If you really want some mercenaries, you can always ship over some Oprichniks, Halberdiers or Organ Guns.

posted 09-14-05 01:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 61  
Yeah, but the models and textures are missing.

Organ Guns were in the campaign though.

posted 09-14-05 02:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 61  
Why not just let ES change the game?
posted 09-14-05 02:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 61  

Quote:

Why not just let ES change the game?

What on earth are you talking about?

posted 09-14-05 04:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 61  
so just installing this and then you'll be able to use/buy most cards and even get above level 9?
posted 09-14-05 04:56 PM EDT (US)     9 / 61  
Wow! Thank you! So we'll be able to use above lvl 9 cards now?
posted 09-14-05 05:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 61  
But do the demo contain the data for use those cards or u only can select them in the moce city manegement but u cant use them in the game or...
posted 09-14-05 07:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 61  
Surprised this isnt getting mroe attention. I hope that the card thing was all that you did. I don't like the mods where they combine two totally unrelated things like being able to manually build forts and being able to access more cards.
posted 09-14-05 07:28 PM EDT (US)     12 / 61  
The cards indeed to work, it doesn't just unlock them they actually work when you use them. And he has not added any other silly mods to it.

I am very suprised this hasn't gotten more attention.

You can actually access all cards AND use them in game!!! This is the best MOD out there!

posted 09-14-05 07:31 PM EDT (US)     13 / 61  

Quote:

nearly all of the cards of level 10 and above.

Which ones didn't you fix? I hate finding out the hard way.
posted 09-15-05 02:37 AM EDT (US)     14 / 61  
I did post this in the readme in the d/l if you've d/l'ed it, but I'll post it here too. The Mercenary cards and the Hot Air Balloon cards are the only ones that don't work; also, the Healing benefit for the Advanced Dock may not work (haven't gotten/tried/wanted to test yet )

All For One
All things considered, leaving the plunger in the toilet before going was probably a bad idea...
There are 2 kinds of people: those who try to install light bulbs, and those who make jokes about the people that try to install light bulbs.
If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade; if life throws you lemonade, make sure it doesn't throw it in your eyes.
posted 09-15-05 11:20 AM EDT (US)     15 / 61  
most cards in the game can work with a bit of coding in the techtree. u just needed someone like Scot_free who had paitence and skills to do it.

i lack more the first then 2nd since 6K lines of codes is bad on the eyes =p

posted 09-15-05 12:41 PM EDT (US)     16 / 61  
Can you help me? I just unpacked both packages but when I look to my homecities now one of them is still level 9 and the other (level 8) and they both still have on their cards that unavailable symbol in the left lower corner of the cards. Did I do something wrong?

This is how it looks right now in my program files:
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5553/screenshotmyfoldersaoe37hm.jpg

The HC above level 9 patch contains one kind of patch file, while the other map contains a few files as you can see. Do I have to do something with them before they work properly?

posted 09-15-05 12:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 61  
Great mod Scot_free, I was halfway through it myself when I saw your thread. You saved me a lot of time.

For those of you wondering if a card will work or not, one way to tell is by looking at the description. Shipment cards (i.e. resources, units, buildings) that DO work will say "Delivers..." at the bottom of its description. The same goes for tech cards, only instead of "Delivers..." It should tell you what's being changed, for example "All Actions Damage changed by 50%" or something along those lines.

posted 09-15-05 01:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 61  
Or do I have to do something with the files, to activate them somehow or do I have to start new HC's?
posted 09-15-05 03:32 PM EDT (US)     19 / 61  
Gorbag, you have to put that "techtree.xml" file (the one that comes with the mod) into your AoE3 data file (C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires III Trial/Data). The "techtree_old.xml" is a backup just in case you would want to revert back to the original file.

This mod makes the cards work, it doesn't give them to you. You have to play games and level up your HC before you get them.

posted 09-15-05 07:56 PM EDT (US)     20 / 61  
Ok, im gonna be lazy but since im only at a level 12 is there a mod that gives you a really high level so i cna just unlock all the cards? So i can use this with it and have them all?

:Click: ARGH!!! So many idiots, so little ammo!
posted 09-15-05 08:09 PM EDT (US)     21 / 61  
There are report of this mod breaking some games so be careful.

[D4KU]

posted 09-15-05 08:27 PM EDT (US)     22 / 61  
Assasin, heres one i made a while ago (it will get you to a very high level like 500+)

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,24214,,all

posted 09-15-05 08:35 PM EDT (US)     23 / 61  
I d/l'ed the Enable Card rar, but when I try to extract the techtree files, it says that access is denied so i can't overwrite the existing techtree file. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Yes, I am extracting it to the right place and such, and am using WinRAR

"If one is to understand the great mystery, one must look at all its aspects, not just the dogmatic, narrow view of the Jedi."

Official Head Hauncho of the AoE3H Dating Thread, as decreed by Custergrant

posted 09-15-05 11:28 PM EDT (US)     24 / 61  
can you please help

I downloaded the tech tree and transferred it to the data file no probs.

but when i downloaded the level up patch it said cannot find file or something and then asked me to look for it. What do i do? Help me

posted 09-15-05 11:34 PM EDT (US)     25 / 61  
Start the patch normally, til it tells you that it can't find the file, then click Yes to Search the file. You have to browse to the install directory of Age of Empires III; there you should find the age3.exe file, double click on it, and you should be set. (I think the patch is meant to be downloaded to the Age of Empires III directory, and if it isn't, it asks you to find age3.exe).

All For One
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Enable Cards Above Level 9 MOD
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames