General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New Demo Is Out, All Discussion Goes Here
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-18-05 10:41 PM EDT (US)   
First, all technical questions should go to Tech Help Forums.

Demo Link: AoE3 Demo 1.1

The demo has bug fixes as its based of the final version and features a new minimized UI.

Age Community

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"

[This message has been edited by KS (edited 10-18-2005 @ 10:43 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-18-05 11:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 50  
That link goes to a dl page that says version 1.0, 370 MB. Looks like the orginal, unless the info just hasn't been updated.

Edit: I just clicked the download button and it is, in fact, the orginal demo.

Edit #2: Real link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/5/2/a525997e-8423-435b-b694-08118d235064/aoe3 trial.exe

Edit #3: I can't make the space go away in that link. The forum keeps putting a space between "aoe3" and "trial" in the above link. Copy into browser address bar and remove to use link.

[This message has been edited by vbscript2 (edited 10-18-2005 @ 11:25 PM).]

posted 10-18-05 11:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 50  
I got a few questions about the new demo:

1. Is the star fort upgrade not working a bug or a feature left out in the demo?

2. Is there a hotkey to find available research like there was in RON? ie. "tabkey"

3. Does the computer opponent get the same level HC as I do in a skirmish game? It seems to get a lot easier to beat the higher my HC gets.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump's mama
posted 10-19-05 00:17 AM EDT (US)     3 / 50  
Differences between 1.0 and 1.1 are?

For just a few bug fixes it's not really worth downloading considering the full game is already out. For crap's sake, who wants it? For some reason I think that this new demo and the full game are just like the old demo, full of bugs and crappy AI. I guess that's a really ignorant and uninformed comment, though.

That 1.0 demo left a lasting impression and every time I think of it I think "that is just how the full game is going to be". Because the bugs themselves aren't what bothered me the most about it; the missing features and even some of the new ones are.

I have an uncanny bias against this game, and with every bashing review that comes up I feel better. That's horrible, really. Sorry. Better games out there and I can't really afford the $59.99 pricetag. Every cent goes to tuition.

posted 10-19-05 00:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 50  
BTW, if multiplayer is the only aspect of AGE3 that REALLY shines, why didn't they include new MP support in the updated demo?????

Yeah...sure.

posted 10-19-05 01:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 50  
is it the new demo or what

Latino Heat III

posted 10-19-05 01:06 AM EDT (US)     6 / 50  
Gah why is there no mp in the demo, lame.
posted 10-19-05 01:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 50  
I just downloaded 1.1
But still the UI is HUGE. It is taking almost a third of the screen.

They said they fixed it in this 1.1 version, but maybe not?

Is it the same in the retail version?
I hope not.

Gemini1706

posted 10-19-05 01:37 AM EDT (US)     8 / 50  
Check your thread good sir...
posted 10-19-05 01:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 50  

Quoted from Andrewvl:

why didn't they include new MP support in the updated demo?????

Quoted from Drewry:

Gah why is there no mp in the demo, lame.

They don't want to give away the full game.
posted 10-19-05 03:05 AM EDT (US)     10 / 50  
Is there no way to just make a patch for Demo V1.0?
Im not going to download a whole new demo for a couple of bug fixes and a tutorial!
Plz make just an update to the original instead of me having to download a new demo.
Im in Australia I hace to wait like atleast a month for the full game!!!! I went to gamestop.com to see if i could get it delivered but it said it wouldnt and i think it is illegal?
posted 10-19-05 04:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 50  
I feel for you swirl, Im tasmanian
posted 10-19-05 04:10 AM EDT (US)     12 / 50  
I played the demo for 3/4 games tonight, and noticed many improvements. The big one being that the AI does build ships now. Aggressively too I might add.

Since "All demo discussion goes here" I thought I might discuss a couple bugs I ran into.

1. Privateers card does nothing other than subtract 500 gold from your account.

2. Dock: setting gathering point to fish doesn't always work, leading to idle fishing boats.

3. If I have "right-click sets economic gathering point only" and use right-click for native trading posts, the military units produced don't go where I clicked (they should act like barracks).

4. Canoes don't have an attack animation, and don't do any damage.

5. Warships sometimes get stuck on each other when trying to fire at a single target (could be my imagination).

6. Shift-clicking falconets to attack buildings doesn't work reliably, especially when they are changing stances.

7. No way to repair buildings?

8. Healer units: have to click the "spell" on another unit or nothing happens. I would think that for an "area affect" ability you wouldn't have to choose which unit was the area.

9. AI is still pretty much retarded.

Very enjoyable otherwise, but I'm dreading the moment I find out how many of these bugs are in the full version!

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.

[This message has been edited by jaafit (edited 10-19-2005 @ 04:13 AM).]

posted 10-19-05 04:28 AM EDT (US)     13 / 50  
I can understand that those Microsoft idiots aren't able to link a file, but that HG doesn't notice it seems to be a bit stupid...

Your link is linked to the OLD demo. Check the 1st reply in this thread to get the right link.

The new demo is exactly 437MB large.

[This message has been edited by arnitald (edited 10-19-2005 @ 04:30 AM).]

posted 10-19-05 06:48 AM EDT (US)     14 / 50  
I'm DLing right now, it says 426MB total, so its the new one. BUT IT SAYS IT'LL TAKE 9 HOURS!!!!!!!! THE ORIGINAL ONLY TOOK 30 MINUTES!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL?????
posted 10-19-05 07:51 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50  
the link is wrong(wake up, coffe, newspapers, connect the brain)...go to es website and download the newone
posted 10-19-05 08:08 AM EDT (US)     16 / 50  
How do you increase the transfer rate for the download? mine is currently at 13.6KB/Sec, 2.2MBps connection speed, 17% download 7hr 46min to go.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE IT GO FASTER???!!!

posted 10-19-05 08:30 AM EDT (US)     17 / 50  
No downloading is slow, maybe because many people are downloading.... In about 2 hours my download is ready, i started 2,5 hours ago....... getting slower and slower..........

:-(

But i`m not in a hurry at the moment!

:-D

But HG should redirect the link to the correct download!... coffee, connect the brains to the world again... the guy who said that was right! ;-)

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

posted 10-19-05 08:34 AM EDT (US)     18 / 50  

Quote:

For just a few bug fixes it's not really worth downloading considering the full game is already out. For crap's sake, who wants it?

Hmmm, maybe all the people in Europe where the game hasn't been released?

ada
posted 10-19-05 08:52 AM EDT (US)     19 / 50  
i connected a first time and speed was 20k then i connected again and i had 100k, good luck
posted 10-19-05 09:05 AM EDT (US)     20 / 50  
This is the slowest download I've ever experienced on my current internet connection.

posted 10-19-05 09:10 AM EDT (US)     21 / 50  
EDIT- posted below

[This message has been edited by Luke9Windu8Yoda7 (edited 10-19-2005 @ 09:35 AM).]

posted 10-19-05 09:14 AM EDT (US)     22 / 50  
I noticed a huge difference from one first demo to this one. Canīt believe noone has mentioned here that the graphics look so much better in the new one.

Seems like a different game to me.

My blog, for WC3 and AoE3 strats and articles:
http://unjugon.blogspot.com/
My stats:
http://ratings.myllclan.com/prt/SA/1/TkC/unjugon.jpg
posted 10-19-05 09:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 50  
Now dling at 345 KB/Sec.
posted 10-19-05 09:23 AM EDT (US)     24 / 50  
new U.I. GREAT
new CAMERA ACCELLERATION GREATEST
------------------------------------------
anyone noticed if now A.A. is working?
posted 10-19-05 09:54 AM EDT (US)     25 / 50  
I was able to download with full speed (250KB/sec)

The new UI is finally ok. Funny how they made the options, where everything usefull is turned off by default...

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » New Demo Is Out, All Discussion Goes Here
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames