General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Reporting Bugs to Ensemble
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
posted 10-24-05 08:47 PM EDT (US)   
Below is a post by ES_Solus from Age Community providing information on bug reporting for AoE3. Please follow the format that has been provided.

Quoted from "ES_SOLUS":

Hello Everyone,

On the subject of bug reporting.

We have created a e-mail address to collect your bugs. If you encounter anything please send an e-mail to age3.bugs@ensemblestudios.com. If you are using a hotmail or other free e-mail address it may bounce your e-mail.

Be sure to include as much information as possible about your system, any logs you received as well as error messages. A good example would be

System OS: WinXP
Video Card: NVidia 6600
Memory : 1 Gig
Hard Disk Space\Free: 100 Gigs\30 Gigs Free
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Sound Card

When writing about the issue please be as specific as possible and include as many details as you can. Reproductions steps and details about how often and when the issue occurs can help us track down any bugs that remain quickly.

If you experience sound or video issue run DXDiag (or DirectX Diagnostic) and send the appropriate information with the tab associated with your issue.

1. To Run DXDiag Click on the Start Button and Go to Run
2. Type dxdiag and hit enter
3. Find the appropriate tab associated with your issue or

You can copy and paste information from the tabs or save out information in a text file.

Thanks for you help,

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"

[This message has been edited by KS (edited 10-25-2005 @ 10:32 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-24-05 08:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 160  
*love*
posted 10-25-05 04:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 160  
I dont think i need to post my PC specs because i think it is just a problem with the game that i noticed. I'll explain.
1. I decided to record a game
2. I went to watch the recorded game through AOE3 (not in the AOE3 folder in my document)
3. In the recorded game i was a level 7 Russian HC but i had had a couple of games since i recorded that game and was a level 13 Russian HC. After watching the replay my HC was level 7 again!?!?! Luckily i had a recorded game from when i was level 13 and that put me back to 13 again.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

*sorry i just noticed this is for the demo but my problem was with the full game*

[This message has been edited by Swirl (edited 10-25-2005 @ 04:11 AM).]

posted 10-25-05 01:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 160  
i have the complete game.

has this ever happened to anyone:
your playing and then suddenly the game freezes and becomes brighter and brighter until the screen in completely white?

well it happened to me last night after playing one game for about 50 minutes. i was mad. but hey.
it could be a bug.. maybe. lol.

posted 10-25-05 05:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 160  
I have this...odd...experience at the end of the Second Scenario in the Campaign, Act I...

When they uncover the tunnel that eads deeper into the cave, the triggers mess up, or something, and the people just stand around.

posted 10-25-05 09:02 PM EDT (US)     5 / 160  
i have a problem with loading saved games
i tried saving a game twice on both campaign and skirmish, but when i load the game, it stays paused!
ive tried using the escape button and the menu button, but the game is still paused!
and another problem.
when i loaded the saved game and it didnt work, i quit to the main menu.
but now my homecity was degraded to the level it was when i saved the game!
i even tried restarting AOE3, but it remained the same...

[This message has been edited by SivRami (edited 10-25-2005 @ 09:05 PM).]

posted 10-26-05 00:25 AM EDT (US)     6 / 160  
^ Press the Pause/Break button which should be somewhere above Page Up.

Musket Man: Inefficiently fighting crime with a musket since 1565!

(\**/)<-Crown your bunny!
(O.o )
(> < )
posted 10-26-05 05:10 AM EDT (US)     7 / 160  
Hmm...

-Units attacking mills/plantations are added to the gatherer count, so if I attack a 10 worker mill with 10 soldiers, it'll say "units gathering: 20".

-There's still a problem of sorts with clicking 2 outpost wagons and telling them to build an outpost...I'm not sure exactly what it is but I think it goes like this:
*Select both outpost wagons.
*Instruct them to build an outpost.
Now only one of the wagons got that command, the other will just move nearby. So---
*Before they reach the outpost, stop the building wagon and tell the other to build instead.
*Once it does so, try building a new outpost with the remaining wagon. You should get a "wagon can only build one outpost" error, and the wagon refuses to build.

-Many ranged units stop attacking/attack buildings rather than soldiers. It may be that way by design, though, in which case just ignore this.

If it's coming right at you, duck.
posted 10-26-05 06:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 160  
Once it does so, try building a new outpost with the remaining wagon. You should get a "wagon can only build one outpost" error, and the wagon refuses to build.
That happened to me also, but it was my mistake. If you order the wagons to build the outposts and then direct them again, they just do not start building. Then if you direct one of the wagons to build the other outpost, then it says it can only build one.
Soldiers attacking the buildings and not replying to the enemy soldiers, thats a real annoying bug, which happens to me constantly.
The most serious bug, maybe my inability, is that you cannot place a trading post if the place is sitting sideways. It says you cannot place or something. I tried turning the mouse etc., could not do it.
In the great plains map for example, the trading post right behind you is inaccesible...

Keep on the sunny side of life
ESO:Akin
posted 10-29-05 00:27 AM EDT (US)     9 / 160  
is unit not standing ground in defense stance a bug?
posted 10-29-05 11:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 160  
My game loses sound in Act III: The Lost Spanish Gold mission and when I win and get to Cooper's Stand, it doesn't go.
posted 10-30-05 08:07 AM EDT (US)     11 / 160  
I ran into the same problem with trying to load a saved game. I got into the habit of saving at the start of each scenario. I have just started the first scenario of Act II, and the game screen loads without the "objectives" menu bar. It seems that is the only way to unpause the game. I tried to restart, resign, everything short of quitting and restarting the game. Restarting the scenario is linked to the saved game file in every instance. Is there going to be a fix for this soon? I sure don't want to have to play the game from the beginning again.

Well, after reading the quick quide, I found that the Pause/break key on my keyboard gets the game going again. I guess the objectives menus doesn't load right away at the start of the scenarios. It kind of threw me off.

[This message has been edited by RoughRider (edited 10-30-2005 @ 08:22 AM).]

posted 11-01-05 01:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 160  
I don't know if this is a bug, missing feature, or if I'm just not seing it.

I can't see a way to have team 1 be in "post colonial age" and team 2 to be in "post industrial age".

posted 11-01-05 02:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 160  
Thankfully that's not possible. Why would you want such a feature?
posted 11-01-05 03:57 PM EDT (US)     14 / 160  
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but sometimes when i'm playing it just minimizes all of a sudden!It's kinda annoying! It has done it up to 4-5 times a game. Has this happened to anyone else?

ESO:Peter_The_Great_

"Forgive you enemies, it messes up their heads."

posted 11-01-05 05:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 160  

Quote:

your playing and then suddenly the game freezes and becomes brighter and brighter until the screen in completely white?

Usually that is a bug that happens because of bloom, it happens in Half Life 2 aswell.

Former level designer at Reverie World Studios.
I still do some levels for fun, though!
posted 11-01-05 05:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 160  
BandBoy: Sounds like you could be accidentally hitting the "Windows" key while playing. Most gamers have this key disabled by editing the registry. Search the web for how to disable it.

I think that "Units don't stop attacking a building to defend themselves from enemy unit fire" is a feature, not a bug. If you have your units tasked to kill an enemy fort and it is almost dead, I think ES figured you would want your units to keeping attacking the fort no matter what.

posted 11-01-05 07:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 160  
Got 2 bugs that are real annoying.

1: The attack button wont work. Normaly if I press the attack button for a group. They should attack everything in their path to that location. Well there is 2 bugs.
One: They wont attack anything and just move to the location I choose. Two: They attack the first target they see, and then just stops!

2: Dont know if it is a bug or something else. But the fact that units attack buildings instead of units is absurd! Its completly messed up and should be changed now!

Bye

posted 11-01-05 08:02 PM EDT (US)     18 / 160  
ES-TEAM

AARRRGGG...
Sandwich talk:

You did a great job with the game, somewhat addictive and yet family friendly.

That was to good part…

Could you please do something about idling players?
Short story:
2vs 2 carib-map,
my ally has to leave, 1 vs. 2 (the good vs. the bad and the ugly)
I have a hard time with the 2 others but eventually get the upper hand.
Next I notice that one of them goes idle, his troops just get killed without moving, BUT he did not resign, (probably leaking recourses to his ally)

Here comes the problem, I need you to fix

I push the last remaining player and land a good blow, when suddenly bad connection pops up and asks me to vote on dropping the guy.
(Who probably just switched to something else, or got frustrated and closed his internet connection.)
YES! (Wonder why he didn’t give up a long time ago!)
BUT since there is still his idle ally (the HOST)the vote is inconclusive, 1/2 drop 1/2 idle (afk)
I wait for a while...nothing happens.
Ok, I think, I’ve had a red exp bar for a long time now; I take the loss of a game, bag the big exp and run.
Click LEAVE GAME.
I visit my HC and … back to square one!!! 0 (zero) exp for 2h of toiling!
THAT IS NOT FAIR!
I don't mind the loss of a save victory, but at least give me my exp!
Hard enough as a Dutchie to survive these days…
Thanks for reading… am frustrated.

Just got the X-pack!
Playing Classic Age3 again

[This message has been edited by some_player (edited 11-01-2005 @ 08:02 PM).]

posted 11-01-05 09:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 160  
On this great lake map, it was impossible to build the trade post. Coureurs and the explorer kept walking around it, but never started building.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Omi-san/screen2.jpg

posted 11-02-05 00:25 AM EDT (US)     20 / 160  
It's 11:20 PM now and I have tried for over an hour to play a 1V1 game on ESO2, and it does not find any matches.

I am at level 6 looking for a match within 15 levels, and there are 1500 players online.

I did not have any problems in the last few days, only today.

posted 11-02-05 00:47 AM EDT (US)     21 / 160  
Just make sure in the patch (in addition to a camera unlock feature), there's a provision for loading custom campaigns in the main menu.
posted 11-02-05 01:00 AM EDT (US)     22 / 160  
The threaty option doesnt work and the merc editor doesnt work

Siewart

ESO: F4N4T1C

posted 11-02-05 12:58 PM EDT (US)     23 / 160  
Anyone else not able to get the set age trigger to work?

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
posted 11-02-05 01:30 PM EDT (US)     24 / 160  
Didnt try, but set tech status: any age, active also must work (it did in AoM)

Siewart

ESO: F4N4T1C

posted 11-02-05 08:10 PM EDT (US)     25 / 160  
3 things need to be fixed:

- Sometimes if you click on a object such as when you are making a building, it doesn't get selected the first time. I have only noticed this when trying to build.

- Sometimes the sound decides to jump up few when you alt-tab out of the game.

- The Intro movie when you start the game, it's louder than the game setting (i.e. if i put the sound level to 50%, the intro movie is like 100%).

Think thats all from me...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 7  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Reporting Bugs to Ensemble
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames