Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How in the heck do you counter the Ottomans
posted 10-26-05 08:57 PM EDT (US)   
I ALWAYS get rushed with them....I don't mind a rush, I just can't develop ANY strategy to stop their attack...

Please help!

Replies:
posted 10-26-05 08:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4  
http://pcgamejunky.blogspot.com/2005/10/ottoman-rush-and-steps-to-prevent-your.html

This DOES work and it works very well.

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

posted 10-26-05 09:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4  
archers... more archers... grenadiers if you can. what civ are you playing as?

TGE, for dutch build skirms of course! jannys get PWNed by skirms. then again, if you are dutch and you can't figure out how to counter an otto rush you probobly should just go play noob games.

posted 10-26-05 09:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4  
skirms beat jans
abus beat skirms
hussar beat abus
jans beat hussar
etc ad infinitum

Playing: Poker. Yay.
Retired: Age of Empires 3, Warcraft 3, Guild Wars, Dark Age of Camelot, Age of Empires 2.
posted 10-26-05 09:39 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4  
I'm french, so with bonused vils (especially upgraded via pioneers + market), and since I just got level 25 I get skirms, so I almost never have trouble beating ottomans unless I get out microed.

Also in your thread you said that a 4:30 time is late, get real, how often do you get 3xx time? If so then please post the recorded game TGE.

And one more thing, your talking about countering with russians, maybe talk more abouth other civs too?

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » How in the heck do you counter the Ottomans
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames