General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOE3 Unit Stats
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-01-05 08:52 PM EDT (US)   
Here are my Age Of Empires 3 Unit stats.

http://www.onlinedesert.com/test/aoe3/aoe3unitstats.html

These unit sheets are created dynamically from game data taken from game files. There may still be bugs in the flash object and I may have misinterpreted some of the game data. The game data, this font and most of the images used here are pulled from game files using ykkrosh's AOE3ED program.

As long as the schema doesn't change for future patches, I'll be able to update these detailed stats minutes after a patch is released.

This is an early version. I don't consider it finished. I still have some work to do, but I would like some feedback on this.

You can get my email address for feedback by clicking "about" on the unit stats.

I'd be happy for any website to host the unit stats, just ask me first.

Enjoy.

-dustin_c1

[This message has been edited by dustin_c1 (edited 11-01-2005 @ 08:58 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-01-05 09:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
The layout is great. A wonderfull idea. I love it. Maybe in the future you could add a 2/3 unit comparison.

Can't wait till you fix the flash bugs! I really am excited to see you finished product.

Thxs.

posted 11-01-05 09:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 37  
Heh, much cooler than my old one:

http://elpea.net/aoe3/units.php

posted 11-03-05 04:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve this?

I'm tidying it up, making it look nicer. I'm particularly interested in layout ideas.

Does anyone have any ideas for a better layout? Does anyone have requests for more or different info to be displayed?

On the queue is making tech-modified stats display in a different color, separating card techs from building techs and showing which buildings construct the unit.

posted 11-03-05 04:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
that is the most useful and awesome thing ever
posted 11-03-05 06:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
Yeah, it seems really nice, but it doesn't work on my computer. I downloaded the ActiveX pop-up thing that it wanted me to. Am I missing anything else?

UPDATE: Installed software properly... :P (Image is updated from the error) :P

The Legion Clan is the oldest international clan in the gaming community with a founding date of 1999. For years have we held on to our traditions, tournaments, and even play-styles. Basically what we always look for is bright minds, superior skills, and interesting personalities. We only invite people to be a part of our family that we can achieve something with. Now don’t tell me The Legion Clan doesn’t know what’s important. Join a clan with history, one you can trust, join L Clan.

[This message has been edited by Realn (edited 11-03-2005 @ 07:01 PM).]

posted 11-03-05 06:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
holy crap, this utility owns!

Mega GJ!

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 11-03-2005 @ 06:54 PM).]

posted 11-03-05 06:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 37  
Interesting.

It was compiled with Flash 8. You can get the latest Flash player here:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

After installing, close your browser and then try again.

In fact, you may have installed the correct version of Flash Player when you clicked "yes" but needed to just restart your browser.

[This message has been edited by dustin_c1 (edited 11-03-2005 @ 07:01 PM).]

posted 11-03-05 06:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
Ok, that fixed it.

EDIT: Sorry I am a computer idiot.

The Legion Clan is the oldest international clan in the gaming community with a founding date of 1999. For years have we held on to our traditions, tournaments, and even play-styles. Basically what we always look for is bright minds, superior skills, and interesting personalities. We only invite people to be a part of our family that we can achieve something with. Now don’t tell me The Legion Clan doesn’t know what’s important. Join a clan with history, one you can trust, join L Clan.

[This message has been edited by Realn (edited 11-03-2005 @ 07:02 PM).]

posted 11-03-05 07:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
LOL, last response: I must say, beautifully done! Thanks for it!!!

posted 11-03-05 07:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
Excellent utility, thanks for creating it. Very handy!

Little_Wing

Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.
posted 11-03-05 08:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 37  
I am very very impressed good work!
posted 11-03-05 09:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 37  
Hey dustin_c1, I'm not sure if you realize this...but that stat chart is really freakin' cool. Excellent job.

Since you asked for suggestions with the layout, it might be nice if you could separate HC cards from other bonus types.

[This message has been edited by Makita (edited 11-04-2005 @ 00:49 AM).]

posted 11-03-05 09:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
wow, last time i went to this it didnt work... but wow uber job i love it

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 11-03-05 09:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
    there is a bug with tilly discipline on the muskteer... it adds cost

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 11-03-05 10:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
    That's not a bug. It does add cost. But I do need to round it. Whoops.

The version on the webserver is the original version. I haven't altered it. If it didn't work before it was because of your flash player. Did you, by any chance, have to install Flash 8 when you first went to it?

posted 11-03-05 11:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  
    This is really good work. They should make this a sticky (for reference) and post in on he homepage.
    posted 11-04-05 00:42 AM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
    Great work dustin_c1, I have this as a shortcut on my desktop next to AoE III!

Forget posting on the homepage, get rid of the heavengames unit stats page and linkt his utility in there!

"Its never the things that happen to us that upset us, its our view of them." -Epictetus
    Dual GeForce 256MB 6800 GT over SLI PCI Express x8...aaaaw yeah.
    My ESO2 Stats | Screenshot Archive
    posted 11-04-05 00:52 AM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
    Major props man..we don't see this kind of work here these days

Flotiball - highest rank 2057 Miss you GT_Celica and GT clan!
    also known as emeraldazn for AOE/AOK and Hana for AOE3
    posted 11-04-05 04:58 AM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
    Amazing job! this should be stickied in the strategy forum!

★★★★★
    posted 11-04-05 07:58 AM EDT (US)     20 / 37  
    Did i miss seeing population or is it not there?

If its not their i recommend adding it.

posted 11-04-05 08:15 AM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
    Nice job!

[This message has been edited by Weeda (edited 11-04-2005 @ 08:21 AM).]

posted 11-04-05 08:52 AM EDT (US)     22 / 37  
    Nice job dustin, but i found a bug or maybe you just have "-" where there should be a "+" somewhere in the code?
    When I'm looking at a Janisarry's stat and I click the "Acemi Olglan School" It reduces the food cost by 40 and the gold by 10; click it again (to unselect it) the food goes back up to 40 and the gold goes down 10 again... Keeps going down indefinately

Everybody Believes Bajamba!
    posted 11-04-05 09:21 AM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
    Awesome application, Dustin, thanks

One thing I found - unit speeds aren't right I think. I'm confident Curaisser are listed at 6.25 in game, and Skirms are 5ish. Your app has them at 8 and 7 speed. Not sure what happened there, as I think your application draws the info from the game files?

posted 11-04-05 09:49 AM EDT (US)     24 / 37  
    very nice man .. but does any one know where to look all researches and upgrades. and what extra researches does the cards provide in church and mosque.. are they good
    posted 11-04-05 01:44 PM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
    I noticed in the jasionarries when given the Arsenal upgrade for hand attack, the ranged attack went up as well.

Also, I noticed that the had attack upgrade was not available for crossbowman.

Very nice job on the app, well polished!

I would recommend breaking up the upgrades for the units. Have the age upgrades in a line, the arsenal upgrades in a line, and the home city cards in a line.

That way it woul dbe much easier to sort them out.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » AOE3 Unit Stats
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames