Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Custom Nations
posted 11-06-05 00:58 AM EDT (US)   
I think this is a cool idea, and wouldn't be too hard on ES's part. Add a feature to the editor in which you you some simple drawing program similar to paint to create a flag. Create a tech tree, choose the AI and building set, and voila!

If you stereotype children as stupid flamers, I hate you, me being thirteen.

"Physical activity is for pansies. Real men play Age of Empires." - Me

You can rearange the letters in "mother in law" to spell "woman hitler".

Replies:
posted 11-06-05 01:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6  
I would love that.
posted 11-06-05 04:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6  
yeh, basically you just had to pick things from the existing game and add them to your own city.

that would be uber!!

posted 11-06-05 09:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6  
People would pick all the best cards and techs. As groovy as it seems it would probably lead to thier being 3 diffrent nation/tech/card set-ups: Booming, Rushing, and Turtling. Everyone would choose thier style, and most everyone would be built the exact same way or damn near it.

Who dost molest my contemplation?
posted 11-06-05 10:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6  
ehm zeeky_Bomb meaned that it would be cool for editor... not for trated online games. i would love to inclued my scenarios whit some nations like artillyery nation or pirate nation... think about nation whit great bombard, grenadier, abus gun, organ gun,howitzer,falconet,coulverin. [easy piece for cavalry nation ]
posted 11-06-05 01:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6  
That would be a real horrorshow idea, even if it was just for Scenario Editor or maybe Skirmish. Would be great fun.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
posted 11-07-05 06:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6  
When I thought about this, it was meant to be a campaign tool. Sure, it might be unbalanced, but isn't everything in the editor unbalanced if you don't use it correctly?

If you stereotype children as stupid flamers, I hate you, me being thirteen.

"Physical activity is for pansies. Real men play Age of Empires." - Me

You can rearange the letters in "mother in law" to spell "woman hitler".

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Custom Nations
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames