Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Alas an APM Monitor...
posted 12-12-05 11:45 PM EDT (US)   
Over at age sanc someone just posted a universal APM monitor that was orginally made for aom but that will work for aoe3 as well.

AgeSancs disscuision on apm
The APM Monitor

I just did one game and i had 250 apm in it of course i just remapped my hotkeys so im not sure what my normal is since im still getting use to em.

See my graph here

I think im gunna do some graph comparisions and see how apm and in game events relate that should be fun

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • [This message has been edited by Mokon (edited 12-12-2005 @ 11:46 PM).]

Replies:
    posted 12-12-05 11:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
    Cool!
    I was just talking with a friend about Rise of Nations' speed tabulation, and we were bemoaning the fact that AoE3 doesnt have anything like that.
    I wonder if ES will implement something like this in the xpac or a future patch...? I'm actually surprised they left it out.

RM

posted 12-13-05 00:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
    You do realize that you only need to press the v key once per settler right? Your keyboard apm in the first minute s something like 250. Totally absurd..

Quote:

I'm actually surprised they left it out.

They were probably trying to give us a sense of community with that one.

[This message has been edited by Doggiedoodle (edited 12-13-2005 @ 00:42 AM).]

posted 12-13-05 02:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24  

Quote:

You do realize that you only need to press the v key once per settler right? Your keyboard apm in the first minute s something like 250. Totally absurd..

I don't think anyone hits their vill hotkey that much. It's most likely him cycling thru his unit groups ie 1 to check TC progress then hit vill hotkey if necessary, 22 (explorer) click, 33 (scout) click over and over and over with redundant mouse clicks inbetween which gets the mouse APM up to match the keyboard (I click redundantly while scouting to manage the LOS being gained better - habit from AoC. It's not like scouting well in AoE3 is as hard as it was in AoC).

posted 12-13-05 05:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
    hey, thank you Mokon! I was interested in it for a while now!

There should be a 'thank you Mokon thread!' ;-)

Now I can test if i`m really that bad at micro as I think I am!

:-)

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

posted 12-13-05 06:10 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
    I suspect my APM is about 2. I just can't find anything to click.

///scipio_africanus\\\
    "Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
    "I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
    "posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
    The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
    Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
    posted 12-13-05 07:12 AM EDT (US)     6 / 24  

Quote:

I don't think anyone hits their vill hotkey that much. It's most likely him cycling thru his unit groups ie 1 to check TC progress then hit vill hotkey if necessary, 22 (explorer) click, 33 (scout) click over and over and over with redundant mouse clicks inbetween which gets the mouse APM up to match the keyboard (I click redundantly while scouting to manage the LOS being gained better - habit from AoC. It's not like scouting well in AoE3 is as hard as it was in AoC).

Yeah

Quote:

Now I can test if i`m really that bad at micro as I think I am!

APM != micro

• posted 12-13-05 07:28 AM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
    "APM! = Micro"

Not exactly maybe, but it can give an image of how much I can do....

:-)

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

posted 12-13-05 07:45 AM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
    Well APM = Micro + Macro + Playstyle + Spam

• posted 12-13-05 08:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
    Agreed, although I would say:

Well APM = Micro + Macro + Playstyle (+ Spam)

In short: it gives you an idea of the amount of operations you can perform in a certain time.........

:-D

posted 12-13-05 08:20 AM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
    yeah

• posted 12-13-05 08:46 AM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
    I believe its a good motivator. Its always good to try to get faster.

[img]http://www.mastersgames.de/esostats/NoX,qaghan,0,5.png[/img]
    posted 12-13-05 12:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
    Alas, an APM monitor. Alas, indeed.

Clicking a lot doesn't necessarily equal better micro. Certainly not early in the game, though it might be good for keeping the pace up and running.

posted 12-13-05 12:39 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
    Are there any VoDs around?

Also, the link is broken.

///scipio_africanus\\\
    "Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
    "I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
    "posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
    The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
    Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
    posted 12-13-05 12:44 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
    Link isn't broken, AoTS is down atm

Will be cool to see what my APM is, I suspect ~300, but haven't played for 3 weeks now.

The Wait Is Over

DoJo Clan Site
    posted 12-13-05 01:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
    im me via my profile if age sanc is still down and u want the program.

• posted 12-13-05 04:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
    Two questions? What is an APM? From what I gather, it has something to do with keystrokes or mouse clicks.

Second... how many years old is that picture of you, Mokon? (Or is it you at all...)

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
    posted 12-13-05 05:07 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24  

Quote:

Two questions? What is an APM? From what I gather, it has something to do with keystrokes or mouse clicks.

Actions per minute.. yes mouse clicks + key clicks

Quote:

Second... how many years old is that picture of you, Mokon? (Or is it you at all...)

Lol, hmmm my guess is thats like 3 to possibly 4 yrs ago. I know i started to get a crew cut after freshmen year so im gunna guess it was sophomore yeah. Im a freshmen now in college so... that reminds me should i study for my calc exam?

also just had a game hit around 350 apm for 20 mins was going vs a otto rusher and really had to work on it, my lancers and way better eco pwned in the end tho

• [This message has been edited by Mokon (edited 12-13-2005 @ 05:08 PM).]

posted 12-13-05 07:05 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
    Lol, I thought you were a lot older. You actually look like me, surprisingly enough.

Anyway, I remember back with your VoD from before the game came out. Do you still go CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK so many times the person you are tasking has to repeat themselves four times?

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
    posted 12-13-05 08:42 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
    studying for calc is overrated. AoE3 is much more fun. I had my calc-based phys exam this morning....that stunk.
    posted 12-21-05 03:11 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
    hi!

the link dosent work...
    and i tried thousands of links.....

i just want a programm which shows my apm FOR AOE 3!!!!!!

can someone give me a link that works????

mfg cT

posted 12-21-05 03:23 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
    IM me and i will send it to u... im in profile

• posted 12-21-05 03:44 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
    good idea
    AoE3 > Calc Exam

But I would put in some revision. You can usually get a few minutes to revise whilst you sprint to the exam room. Thats good revision time. It would only be wasted panting for breath otherwise xD

Can you put up a link that isn't Age Sanctury, it doesn't work, and you need to be a member, and I can't be arsed.

posted 12-22-05 06:56 AM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
    sorry.... whats IM????
    iam going to send you an email! thx!

mfg cT

[This message has been edited by cRaZy_T (edited 12-22-2005 @ 07:49 AM).]

posted 12-22-05 08:34 AM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
    that's a nice addition to the game. Unfortunely, it only shows the APM(actions per minute) so anyone could have the same APM as he. (Just start to spam a lot of actions with just right clicks or 1212121212121) to get 400 APM.

still lacks the use of hotkey's porcentage, the attack button porcentage, the ammount of right clicks (yes, is so easy thinkging you are gosu when you only click right click several times), and some other stuff.

but still its a start

the record system in AOE3 is like going to the bathroom outside your own house. Yes, it works but is dumb and needs to be fixed right away.
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Alas an APM Monitor...
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames