Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The OP Thread
posted 12-22-05 10:05 AM EDT (US)   
I'm tired of all those "OMG! French are OP" or "Cuirassiers are sooo OP!!!!" topics, cause they're about half of the aoe3 heaven general discussion topics!!! So i'm making a OP thread, so, plz, post here all your ideas about OP civis, units, techs, cards, strats, etc.

Let's discuss about every crazy thing that might looks like OP to you!!! Just a idea to stop the spaming OP topics.

-----> If you are thinking in post a "Cuirassier OP", don't do it, go to the search and you'll found about 10-15 topics about it.

well, as the creator of it, i'll start: Does anyone agree that strelets are OP? (I'm serius)

Oprichiniks are too, but ignore it, cause i know that everybody agree with me in that :P

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Replies:
posted 12-22-05 10:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
Oprichinks are killer but cmon its all the russians have every other unit they have is weak

Alcohol, the cause and solution to all of lifes problems

Homer J

posted 12-22-05 10:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
Oprichniks aren't OP... They can't go head to head with any unit (except maybe the strelet)
No the strelets aren't OP either... How can something with 8 attack that dies from 2 hits from a hussar and 1 hit from a lancer be OP?

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
posted 12-22-05 10:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
posted 12-22-05 10:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
WAit, i'm taking some screenshots and making some editor battles to prove how oP the strelets are...

ESO - Walker

posted 12-22-05 10:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
Oprichnicks are so cool as raiders. They can kill some vills and take down a house if you're not paying enough attention. plus I love their rice flail-like weapons.

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
posted 12-22-05 10:31 AM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
2v2 Ottoman sling is OP. Not sure what you do about this short of slinging the defender but an even earlier Ottoman rush is hard to stop. Maybe require both players to have a market before you can sling in order to slow this down slightly. Fixing Abus Guns so they do Range damage instead of Siege damage might be the biggest fix for any Ottoman rush.

French Coureur des Bois are OP. They need to be toned down somewhat. I suggest decreasing hit points and speed.

French Cuirassier are slightly OP. I suggest removing default splash damage and then decreasing cost slightly. Although a change to Coureur des Bois might be enough to help slow down the French economy such that massed Cuirassiers aren't such a threat.

French skirms in age 2 is slightly OP just because it gives yet another unique ability (Dutch) to the French. Do French have to do everything?

Great Plains Native rush with cards is OP. In general, I think the native army card is OP when playing with mixed levels. I hope they modify ESO2 so that when hosting games you can select a level range (low and high) for your games as well as win% range (low and high).

Oprichiniks are not OP in 1v1. They just encourage non-military combat which I feel is kind of silly. They can be used much more effectively in team games.

posted 12-22-05 12:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
STRELETS ARE OP!!!

WHY? You should be asking... Why those weak units are OP? I'll tell you:

1-They are cheap
2-They have cool axes
3-You make them in groups of 3
4-They have cool axes
5-They can beat aNY infantry!!!
6-They have cool axes

Let's see a battle between skirmishers and strelets... There are bout 2.42 strelets for each skirmish, cause a skirmish costs 2.42 strelets...

FIRST BATTLE: 121 STRELETS VS 50 SKIRMISHERS:

[PNG, (257.54 KB)]

Cool, hã? now let's see the beginning of the battle...

[PNG, (679.04 KB)]

WOW!!! the skirmisher have OWNED that poorly Strelet!!! Is the Russian army afraid of their fcus fire? Will they retreat??? oh... Wait!!! something Amazing is happening there:

[PNG, (657.82 KB)]

The Strlets made a Super-charge with their big-coll 4ed damage axes!!! Look to the fear in their eyes!!!

[PNG, (650.56 KB)]

they made a globe of death around the skirmishers, they stand no chance against the mighty of the Strelets!!!

[PNG, (833.46 KB)]

Skirmishers... OWNED!!!!

now, let's see a battle against another OP unit... Cuirassiers...

SECOND BATTLE: 63 STRELETS VS 10 CUIRASSIERS:

As you can see, those bad horses suddenly appeared charging our Soviet comrades...

[PNG, (566.45 KB)]

But the Strelets resist and make a fire barrage upon they!!!

[PNG, (593.79 KB)]

Go Strelets go!!! yeah, they're just 9 now1! And you are 60!!! No wait... 54, 52, 43... Ãh.. Don't worry, they're jsut warming up... Now there are 7 cuirassiers and 13 strelets... OMG!

[PNG, (470.29 KB)]

Ãh... but tehn GOD suddenly appears and... ãh... send a Holly truck to get those french horses!!!

[PNG, (635.24 KB)]

See? The Strelets always win in the End... those guys are OP!!!

...and the truck too...

ESO - Walker

posted 12-22-05 12:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
I wish the oprichnik had a x2 versus villie in exchange for being able to defend itself against ANY military unit.

Funny pic's btw.

posted 12-22-05 01:52 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
Meh... I guess you could say that 121 strelets can beat 50 skirmishers against the computer.. I will do a scenario where I am the guy with the skirmishers and the comp gets the strelets.

;zlskehrt;oaweifalkdjfa;io3
posted 12-22-05 02:24 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
121 strelets? Pop limit, both strelets and skirms cost 1. It may be likely you have 50 skirms in a battle but i've never seen an army made of just strelets. :P
posted 12-22-05 02:35 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
Just a player:
Best...Post....Ever.....

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) Corn for the Corn God!
posted 12-22-05 02:41 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
BUT with Strelets you can attack in Age 2 with around 100 of them at 10 minutes... Then they will simply murder your enemies army. BUT have say 10 Organ guns against 70 Strelts=A LOT of dead Strelets. But any reasonable amount of Cava or light Infantry will murder those Organ guns.

The RoL forum colors make me sooo hungry.
-Unit Costs for 5-Philbo1-Explorer Micro-
B_E looks like a demented evil smiley.-Botolf

Stonewall Pwns
posted 12-22-05 02:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
Settlers are vastly over powered... I mean get this:

1.They can make any building(Besides the fort and the factory) in the game which can make any unit in the game.
2.They are pretty cheap.(100 F)
3.They only cost 1 pop slot.
4.They come in 2 unique genders.
5.They have a ranged attack!
6.They can gather resources.

Some people are trying this newbish settler rush where they create settlers all game and get a great economy and then they use settlers to make buildings and then they use buildings to make military units, and when they send those units over, if you did not spend the time to make these nooby settlers you are probably finished.

Nerf the settler.

Musket Man: Inefficiently fighting crime with a musket since 1565!

(\**/)<-Crown your bunny!
(O.o )
(> < )
posted 12-22-05 03:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
Lol, nice battle trucks.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
posted 12-22-05 04:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Portugal is SOOOO overpowered. Seriously they get super skirmishers that die in seconds to regular skirms. They get cannons that totally own anything except everything. They get 0 settler cards because they're just so cool. They're even so awsome that they get to spend twice as much on settlers as the other civs in age2. I mean, that is just the definiton of overpowered.
posted 12-22-05 04:42 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
AOE 3 is over powered.

Musket Man: Inefficiently fighting crime with a musket since 1565!

(\**/)<-Crown your bunny!
(O.o )
(> < )
posted 12-22-05 07:19 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
Villagers are OP, people keep making them and beating me, I don't understand how to counter them.

OPris are unfair, they attack villagers instead of military units, you're not supposed to do that after Age2!

But I <3 Opris, they are the only decent Russian unit. As for them not standing up to military units, that's a good thing. I would feel morally obliged not to use Opris if they stood a chance against military, simply because that would make them OPris. I like them as is, plus, the moment military interferes, you can just run away. As well, always keep Cav Archers nearby, so if they run in with Dragoons, you stand a fighting chance of a few Opris fleeing and surviving. What I really want to test is Opris with Pillage, that makes me drool. But arguably the funniest thing with Opris is when you catch your opponent in Colonial and you have Opris, they murderize.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.

[This message has been edited by Insane Sheep (edited 12-22-2005 @ 07:25 PM).]

posted 12-22-05 09:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  

Quote:

121 strelets? Pop limit, both strelets and skirms cost 1. It may be likely you have 50 skirms in a battle but i've never seen an army made of just strelets. :P

Don't ya? imagine an entire army of OP units (I'm not talking about a Cuirassier army), cheap and with big cool axes? I would do it against any player, except French... unless a giant truck appears to help me...

Quote:

Portugal is SOOOO overpowered. Seriously they get super skirmishers that die in seconds to regular skirms. They get cannons that totally own anything except everything. They get 0 settler cards because they're just so cool. They're even so awsome that they get to spend twice as much on settlers as the other civs in age2. I mean, that is just the definiton of overpowered.

Amem

And you forgot about the slowest possible Colonial Age Time!!! Nothing more OP than having about 10 settlers to defend from a Otto Rush...

(And I still won 60% of my games with them... but Age Community stats say that I have won all 41/41, that must be a way to increase teh ports win rate!!!)

Quote:

Settlers are vastly over powered... I mean get this:

1.They can make any building(Besides the fort and the factory) in the game which can make any unit in the game.
2.They are pretty cheap.(100 F)
3.They only cost 1 pop slot.
4.They come in 2 unique genders.
5.They have a ranged attack!
6.They can gather resources.

See? And ottoman get those units free!!! now I know why they're so OP

Quote:

Lol, nice battle trucks.

Georg Crushington is cooler... but I don't know his cheat... I mean... God prefered to send a Holly monster Truck... ehr... STRELET OWNS \O/

ESO - Walker

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 12-22-2005 @ 09:36 PM).]

posted 12-23-05 01:12 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
Well... in Soviet Russia, overpowered is YOU!

Nerf TGE, he's real hax.

In Soviet Russia the strelets spam YOU!
posted 12-23-05 01:21 AM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
strelets are kind of a skirmisher counter really. because skirmishers are good at killing high HP units and strelets are good at killing low hp units.
posted 12-23-05 01:38 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22  

Quote:

But any reasonable amount of Cava or light Infantry will murder those Organ guns

But who takes just Organ guns to battle? Surround them with Cassadores and Drags everything should go all right then.

Quoted from Angel Chris:

In Soviet Russia, music plays YOU!

posted 12-23-05 05:06 AM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
Here comes the stretlet watch these muskateers run
o o o o
>|< >|< >|<>|< - - - - >
n n n n

I think we all owe player a thanks for warning us before these strelets destryed the world!.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » The OP Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames