You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: ES needs to fix longbowmen bug well before they even think of expansion
posted 01-09-06 12:47 PM EDT (US)   
They have more range and line of sight than a skirmisher, yet they sit there with thumbs up their butts.

This is primarily because both units have
<AutoAttackRange>16.0000</AutoAttackRange>

Longbows start with a max range of 22 and skirmishers 20, so shouldn't it be reasonable that autoattack for longbows is at least increased to 18. Skirmishers have so much of an advantage doing hit and run attacks that it isn't even funny and this slight change may make British more feasible. This does not even take into account that once improved longbows are researched, the autoattack value still is not changed - sigh. 26 range and line of sight and will still just stand there when enemy is 17 away - hmmm...

I do not mean to be derogatory. There are many things I love about this game now that I have played for a while. I think it has more staying power than even AOM did/does as long as ES does some attempt at balance changes every three months or less.

Replies:
posted 01-09-06 01:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
probalby just a little thing someone forgot to change :d it will probably be fixed next patch

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • posted 01-09-06 01:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
    There should be a formation where it auto attacks at its max range.
    posted 01-09-06 01:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » ES needs to fix longbowmen bug well before they even think of expansion
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames