Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: PR is Nuts...
posted 07-03-06 08:16 PM EDT (US)   
So my PR has been continiously messed up for over a month now. Because of this glitch, I've just been FFAing it up. Today one of my go to guys was one, so I played a handful of rated games.

First game. I was a 19.44 2nd Lt., he was a 1st. Lt. We played a 1st Lt. and a Captain. We won. My power rating went DOWN to 19.42. I had the highest score even.

Second game. We lost I went in at 19.42. We lost this game to a Captain and a 1st Lt, but my PR went back up to 19.44.

Third game. Everyone was the same rank. We won, and my PR dropped to 19.32.

What the heck is going on...

I know it seems silly, but players higher than me ALWAYS boot me on arrival. I'm not good enough or something. The only way I end up playing better people is when I'm hosting. Frustrating.

Replies:
posted 07-03-06 09:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
you gotta log out to see your new power rating after a game or wait til you get out of next game
posted 07-03-06 09:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
or use the "refresh clan" button in the clan menu. remember it still takes a bit for the server to update the rankings.

NerVe Clan
SMF AoE3 Recorded Game Data Mod
posted 07-03-06 10:03 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
You're not alone, mine drops and raises on it's own, most of the time it acts normal but still.

Remember that ES (stupidly I might add) made PR rate based on HC lvl also, so that might be the case.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 07-03-06 11:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
PR is beyound stupid, it takes forever to correctly judge your skill as you have to beat like 5 players better than you in order to get it to jump like .4-.5. But then you might lose one game and that sets you back almost all that you gained.

I don't totally love cuetech either as it only really represents wins and losses, not exactly skill, but for example I'm currently ~1950 but only PR 30-31. Cuetech is alot more "extreme" and quick when it comes to calculating your current skill, where as by the time PR calculates your current skill your either much better or sick of the game :P

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_

[This message has been edited by Brtnboarder495 (edited 07-03-2006 @ 11:07 PM).]

posted 07-04-06 03:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Your PR updates after you have a second game or if you log out.

Example:

PR is 10
Win a game
PR is still shown as 10
Lose a game
First game is added so PR is shown as 11
Win a game
Second game is added so PR is shown as 10

The last win won't be added until you have another game or you log out (or use the refresh clan button which I was unaware of).

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
posted 07-04-06 06:02 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
I never understood how the clan ranking worked anyways. There is your leader, officers and members. Is it going from the highest PR to lowest? If so, I see somebody higher than me, but he has lower PR?

Keep on the sunny side of life
ESO:Akin
posted 07-04-06 06:05 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
Clan ranking is decided by the clan leaders and officers.

So, certain members can be officers regardless of rating.

So, you could have a brigadier as an applicant and the leader could be conscript, etc.

Leader can promote members to officers and applicants to members, officers can promote applicants to members, I think.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-04-06 07:07 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
Yeah but does the order of the officers for example have anything to do with PR? Is the highest officer in PR at the top?

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
posted 07-04-06 09:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
I'm not looking at ESO right now, but I think it goes in the order which officers were appointed.

So it would be

Oldest
Newest

Not sure, though, I gotta look at it.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-04-06 10:20 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
I'm the founder of my clan but I'm not the best, but I'm still leader :P

Most clan mates don't care if the leader is lower then them, along as he isn't a noob, and if they do care then they are in the wrong clan.

This is in my clans case, I dunno about all.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 07-04-06 12:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14  

Quote:

(or use the refresh clan button which I was unaware of).

Well thats the most helpful tip of the week.

ESO: Enemy

Gaming rig: Athlon 3800+ X2 250x10 =2500Mhz/WD 160GB SATA/PQI 2x 1GB PC3200/PNY 7800GT/Shuttle SN25P

posted 07-04-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
I was logging out. This was more of an investigatory operation. I logged out, and the changes had occured. Waited a bit of time after that, and there was no change until the next games.

Rotten PR.

posted 07-04-06 10:49 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
If your high rank and you vs low ranked ppl your PR will drop SLIGHTLY even if you win. otherwize people could just vs noobs all the way to general as long as they pick thier battles wizely.
posted 07-05-06 00:16 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
ugh, more PR bashing.

look, if you dont like the rating, dont come to complain about it. its the only rating anyone has to go off of on ESO. (without minimizing)

i know cuetech is better, but can you see a players cuetech when he joins a game? no.

basically here's what people go off of (on ESO)

1. PR
2. win %
3. games played

...and then if cuetech is availible

1. cuetech
2. PR
3. win %
4. games played

Quote:

I know it seems silly, but players higher than me ALWAYS boot me on arrival. I'm not good enough or something. The only way I end up playing better people is when I'm hosting. Frustrating.

thats because they dont want to lose points

...which is another reason why people dont like PR.

you say you want to play higher people? well, so does the people that are kicking you...its universal.

sometimes people just need some logic...

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » PR is Nuts...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames