Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hi, I'm new here.
posted 07-07-06 08:08 PM EDT (US)   
Hi, as you can figure, I'm new here and I just got the amazing game that is AoE 3! Ya, I joined this forum for help on strategy and hoping to meet some of you people online when I set up my account and everything (and some people to help me level up my Home City online.) Possibly seeking to join a clan, but not too sure yet. Here are some stats:

Best Civilization I play as currently: Russians (I can beat the AI on Moderate in 30 minutes by just getting to Age 3...is that good?)

Favourite Civilization which I think has potential: Portugeuse or Germans (Portugeuse have good "Royal Guard" troops, Germans 'cuz of A LOT of mercs.

Favorite Unit: Grenadier (I don't know why, maybe their 50% resist to ranged attacks helps them survive garrisoned villagers early on...)

Favorite Native: Seminole

and one question:

I can view the HP, Speed, and resists of units in my army, but used to be able to see their exact ATK power...How can I see their ATK power again? Is their a hotkey?

Thanks all!

Replies:
posted 07-07-06 08:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
There is no hotkey for attack power... i dunt think they actually put it in... no clue.

beating moderate in 30 min is Ok... but try upping the difficulty... online is a very different game.

posted 07-07-06 11:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
if you want to see units stats with the normal UI, you select the unit/ building and hold CTRL

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
posted 07-08-06 07:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
And did you say that you beat them by hitting fortress at 30 mins?
Average fortress time around here is 8:?? (Added in rush fortress times into that, since they normally fortress at 10:00)

You're right about your 2 "potential best" civs
Germans are the best because of their unstoppable ( I know you can beat it but in general) Fast Fortress to Merc/Free Uhlans for raiding/War wagons (nuff said)

Portuguese are up there for loads of reasons, Royal guard 'Goons...Free TC's, Good FF, Good Mercs, Good boom, Unstoppable on water etc.

And welcome to HG!!

posted 07-08-06 04:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Hmmm....moderate AI isn't very hard to beat... go to hard, then to expert. Or just start playing online. You will find that humans are much more fun and harder to play than any AI. Also, I use Dutch if I boom offline, but I rarely boom online at all, so I can't really advise you much there. As it stands, Dutch are somewhat UP, but hopefully they'll be improved in the next patch (I can't wait for that to happen.)

I am an 1800. Oh, wait. 1800 stinks. nm.
posted 07-08-06 05:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Welcome to the forums.
posted 07-08-06 08:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Welcome to Aoe3h
posted 07-08-06 09:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
welcome

Jesus loves me this i know.
for Chuck Norris tells me so!
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Hi, I'm new here.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames