You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 1.06/1.07 Winning Percentages (13 April through 9 July)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-09-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)   
1.06/1.07 Winning and [Used] Percentages
55.05% [10.06%] Russian
54.23% [17.23%] Ottoman
53.12% [14.44%] German
51.32% [08.28%] Portuguese
49.70% [09.32%] Dutch
47.77% [14.72%] French
44.57% [09.32%] Spanish
44.39% [16.61%] British

1,268,445 games played with 1.06/1.07 so far.

Some observations since my last winning percentages post on 14 May:

1) All civs remain in the same position, except British and Spanish--the Brits have fallen below the Spanish.
2) Russian winning percentage has increased (+0.83)
3) Ottoman winning percentage has increased (+0.56)
4) Germans winning percentage has decreased (-0.28)

1.06 and 1.07 stats are combined here because there really weren't any balance changes with 1.07.

Replies:
posted 07-09-06 12:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38  
Omg... Britain has 44% win rate???

I remember when they had just 40%. It seems the patch helped htem a lot

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 07-09-06 01:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 38  
Whats your source for these numbers?
posted 07-09-06 01:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 38  
This confirmed my suspicions.
Thank you.

Not sure how ES can balance it.
I already made my suggestion.

Improve hussar and grenadier attack/hp/cost
and boost halberdier speed to 4.5

If they are worried about Otto being overpowered, they can figure a way to delay their early game (ie. less wood) but improve their later game (ie. church tech reduce cost)

This would make me happier than a simple nerf to German civ.

posted 07-09-06 01:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 38  
I'm not at all surprised to see Ottomans having the highest usage percentage as well as a high win %. Germans may be the best civ in the hands of top players. But Ottomans are the easiest civ to play and win with for everyone else.

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
posted 07-09-06 01:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 38  
The source of the numbers: immediately prior to 1.06 availability, the Age III statistics were grabbed. Subtracting those numbers from the current statistics provides the statistics for the 1.06/1.07 era
posted 07-09-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 38  
French popularity has to be from No Rush games. I just don't see that many people playing french in regular games.

MNBob's AOE Page
posted 07-09-06 01:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 38  
can anyone give me some reason why russians are up top?

maybe ourk played 20k games with them in this patch?

[This message has been edited by brandnizzle (edited 07-09-2006 @ 01:53 PM).]

posted 07-09-06 01:56 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38  
Russians are used in lots of team games and provide an effective team rushing civ.

Russian strelet rushing is very effective in non-expert games.

Russian usage is one of the lower ones at 10.06% so those who do use them probably use them very effectively. In other words, their percentage isn't brought down by lots of new players using them (ala British).

MNBob's AOE Page
posted 07-09-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38  
Maybe this for 1.08...(I think ES has work cut out for them)

Boost hussar and grenadier hp and attack and reduce their cost. (yeah, it boosts Otto, but also boosts crap civs)
Boost halberdier speed to 4.5 (boosts russia, but halb cannot even catch other infantry ffs)
Reduce longbow ranged attack but give bonus vs all infantry.
Reduce strelet, war wagon and dragoon ranged attack 10%
Let ruyters be only cavarly unit that has bonus vs artillery (like before that patch)
Fix war wagon obstruction radius, so artillery cannot hide among them.
Make German card 8 xbows, not 9 so like french and port
Dutch settlers 90 coin cost
German one less free uhlan per shipment
Otto start with 200 less wood.
Otto trade post card swap with french church card
but reduce unique church costs with it as well and allow millet extra second, koprulu and abbassid 2 seconds each faster vill production time so if they get them all it is 25 second production time like other civs.

I think this would be pretty damned solid.

It does not mention mercs, but I think the price paid by Germany with one less uhlan per shipment is fair enough.
The hessian jaeger 15 is too much for Brit, as for the rest I just don't know. I think the variety that Germany gets is more of a factor than the cost other civs must pay which is about 20-30% more.

posted 07-09-06 02:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 38  

Quote:

Boost hussar and grenadier hp and attack and reduce their cost. (yeah, it boosts Otto, but also boosts crap civs)

Nah. Leave grens as they are, better not boost otto some more.

Hussar, yes, but ONLY one, not both (I prefer a stat change, instead of a cost change)

Quote:

Reduce longbow ranged attack but give bonus vs all infantry.

No. Cav fraction multiplier.

Quote:

Reduce strelet, war wagon and dragoon ranged attack 10%

Strelet? Wtf?

War wagon, bump it down by about 10%, OR range.

Dragoon, change resistance to melee and increase hitpoints by 30ish.

Quote:

Let ruyters be only cavarly unit that has bonus vs artillery (like before that patch)
Fix war wagon obstruction radius, so artillery cannot hide among them.
Make German card 8 xbows, not 9 so like french and port
Dutch settlers 90 coin cost

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

Quote:

German one less free uhlan per shipment

No.

Quote:

Otto start with 200 less wood.

Hell no.

Quote:

Otto trade post card swap with french church card
but reduce unique church costs with it as well and allow millet extra second, koprulu and abbassid 2 seconds each faster vill production time so if they get them all it is 25 second production time like other civs.

???

Quote:

It does not mention mercs, but I think the price paid by Germany with one less uhlan per shipment is fair enough.

Instead of removing uhlans, remove 1 jaeger from jaeger shipment.

Drop 1 uhlan from the age 3 uhlan shipments.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
posted 07-09-06 02:51 PM EDT (US)     11 / 38  
For mercs, I like the idea of giving all civs the same amount of mercs instead of giving Germany extra mercs. Then make the cost of mercenaries 1000 gold for Germany and 1200 gold for all other civs.

MNBob's AOE Page
posted 07-09-06 02:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 38  
Now way to give halbs 4.5 speed ftw...

realism>>>gameplay

its not very realistic if guys with a long pike-like-weapon who have a lot of armor (aka halbs) can be as fast as some guys who dont even have any armor and have nothing but a gun (aka skirms).

Boosting halbs would just suck big ass.
That would kill skirms FFS.
HI catching LI ftw??
(there are exceptions i know but very well armored guys cant catch LI, no way)

It would be better to lower the cost of halbs a little and to give them some more HP/attack cos halbs were meant to be slow strong HI which can protect canons very well and waste any kind of melee cav.

Nerf ranged cav somehow so that they cant kill halbs and halbs will be fine if they get some small boost like my suggested ones.

posted 07-09-06 03:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 38  
Dopples (4.5) and Pikes (5.0) are already faster than skirms so any kind of realism argument is moot.

MNBob's AOE Page
posted 07-09-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38  
I think skirms should have 4.5 speed like their strelets and casa counterparts.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 07-09-06 04:00 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38  
I am really curious as to how and IF ES intends to boost civs other than German, Russian or Ottoman or from other angle how to fairly nerf the aforementioned 3.
posted 07-09-06 04:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38  
[quote]I think skirms should have 4.5 speed like their strelets and casa counterparts.[quote]

How soon we forget. It was like this before and Skirms were way too strong. I like how Hit-and-Run is working atm, Skirms do not need more speed.

Both Sterlets and Casadores are unique units to specific civs, being unique is a good thing.

[EEX] Nullpointer
Canadian Gamer
posted 07-09-06 04:15 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38  
Skirms were originally 5.0 speed, not 4.5. They were changed to 4.0. Strelets and Cassadores have always had 4.5 speed.

MNBob's AOE Page
posted 07-09-06 04:46 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38  
dont halbs have little armor, they look like they have a lot, but i was under the imrpession they didnt.
posted 07-09-06 05:01 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38  
4 speed skirms is stupid. They should have 4.5 at least. It is ridiculous that they move at the same speed as a musket..

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
posted 07-09-06 08:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 38  
skirms should have 5 speed if hussars get boosted,
only reason skirms got nerfed is cuz they beat cavalry too badly (crappy pathfinding). If the pathfinding gets boosted, skirms should get speed 5 back.
posted 07-09-06 10:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38  
Man... Skirms are already powerful as they are now. Don't change something that isnt broken. They seem to perform their job fine with a speed of 4

[EEX] Nullpointer
Canadian Gamer
posted 07-09-06 10:20 PM EDT (US)     22 / 38  
gazza89, you don't really believe that they're going to put in the effort to fix the pathfinding do you? They're much too busy making an Xpac to sell you to fix this game.
posted 07-09-06 11:42 PM EDT (US)     23 / 38  
Veteran skirms may be sufficient, but I play Dutch, and I can never seem to get around to upgrading them. I'm better off using that wood to build a new barracks since my first one got raped in colonial because my skirms got wasted by strelets. Or Jans. Or grens. Etc.

The convoluted wording of legalisms grew up around the necessity to hide from ourselves the violence we intend toward each other. Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. You have done violence to him, consumed his energy. Elaborate euphemisms may conceal your intent to kill, but behind any use of power over another the ultimate assumption remains: "I feed on your energy."
-Frank Herbert, Dune
posted 07-10-06 00:16 AM EDT (US)     24 / 38  

Quote:

you don't really believe that they're going to put in the effort to fix the pathfinding do you?

They dont have enough effort to put a green border around a team card that was meant to have it. (Just a side comment there )

posted 07-10-06 00:20 AM EDT (US)     25 / 38  
i understand all of this, except the russian used %. Theres been a HUGE russian bandwagon lately, and im surprised they arent higher. Otto has obviuously been the bigger bandwagon of the patch though, in team games all you see is russia/otto

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » 1.06/1.07 Winning Percentages (13 April through 9 July)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames