General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 1.08 Changes
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
posted 07-24-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)   
* Heavy Cannons, Great Bombards, and Rockets have less hitpoints and deal less damage against other cannons
* All archer and skirmisher units gain 1.5x bonus vs ranged cavalry
* Mayan Holcan Spearmen hand and building damage reduced
* German Winged Hussars card changed from 12 to 10
* British manors cost changed to 135 wood.
* Spanish faster shipment bonus improved.
* Russian Blockhouses provide 5 population slots.
* French start with +1 food crate
* Dutch gather gold from mines 15% faster
* German War Wagon range reduced from 20 to 16
* Germans now require slightly more XP before receiving their shipments.
* Uhlans do slightly less damage vs settlers.
* Hussars get +10% hitpoints
* Fortress Age research time increased by 20 seconds
* Town Center hitpoints reduced to 6500
* Trading Posts hitpoints reduced to 3000
* Barracks and stables cost changed to 200 wood.
* Unit train rates are now based on cost. Cheap units (crossbowmen) train faster than expensive units (cuirassiers).

NerVe Clan
SMF AoE3 Recorded Game Data Mod
Replies:
posted 07-24-06 01:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 149  
woot! WW nerf!

And I also see they have taken the first step in making the fast fort less powerful. Awesome.

Some of the changes seem unwarranted though. What's the point in reducing the cost of barracks and stables? Maybe they're trying to promote more colonial wars?

[This message has been edited by kapranos (edited 07-24-2006 @ 01:08 PM).]

posted 07-24-06 01:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 149  
brittish too good now imo: better hussars, better boom, better archers, worse heavy cannons (so now lbows can kill heavy cannons better).

grens still suck late game

halbs also suck

why does light infantry get bonus vs ranged cav, but heavy doesnt :S (only when in melee)

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 07-24-06 01:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 149  
Are these for real? Hmmm...

Quote:

British manors cost changed to 135 wood.

Interesting

Quote:

Barracks and stables cost changed to 200 wood.

Like that

Quote:

Spanish faster shipment bonus improved.

Not sure how I feel about that...

ESO: Steel_Reign

*Doles out the harshness*

[This message has been edited by Real2002 (edited 07-24-2006 @ 01:19 PM).]

posted 07-24-06 01:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 149  
Spain is going to be fast no doubt, with the choice of either a powerful rush or a powerful FF. Im sad they reduced the TC hit points though. Should have made it at least 7000.

Russia and British got another boost too. 135 wood regular cost for a manor is insanely cheap, although this sort of reduces the need for Virginia Company now so they can save a shipment. British are going to seriously own any German WW lamers now. Longbows massed owned WW's before, but now they will completely destroy them with the 1.5 bonus and the WW's having reduced ranged. The same goes for Russia, not to mention Blockhouses providing 5 population will make it much easier to sustain constant villie production and mass strelets. Also, this patch means that Lbs and Strelet will train faster.

French got a little boost, maybe just what they needed, and so did the Dutch. Germans got nailed this patch, so many nerfs done to them, and while I agree that Heavy artillery should be more counterable with Culverins, I hope the HP loss isn't too great, they may be the only thing left to save us from being spammed by longbows and strelets (especially instant-build ones).

Hussars also got a base HP boost, which boost British again.

If there are any OP civs this patch, it will be British and Russia, lucky for me as I play both :P

[This message has been edited by Lightning_Rider (edited 07-24-2006 @ 01:06 PM).]

posted 07-24-06 01:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 149  
virginia company doesnt change manor cost to 98 wood, but -35%. So it is still viable

posted 07-24-06 01:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 149  
Well that's even better for British, now they have the choice to send the card or not, if they send it, they can manor boom even faster than before. If they don't send it, they still have cheaper houses than before, adding to their versatility.
posted 07-24-06 01:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 149  

Quote:

Sweet

I think Brits and Spain will be much stronger after this patch.

Quote:

Sort of like making vils 90 coin

Quote:

* Unit train rates are now based on cost. Cheap units (crossbowmen) train faster than expensive units (cuirassiers).

That's interesting, I woner how that will change things. Boosts the rush though.

Quote:

Also boost rush, with hussar slight improvement maybe we'll see hussars in age 2? nah

Blockhouses reduced to 200 wood as well I wonder?

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 07-24-06 01:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 149  
Hope these aren't all the changes. Lbow better get a nerf because now they will completely own Ragned Cavalry and also Factory artillery due to lower HP. And now both Comanche and Cav Archers tottaly suck ass.

Though I liked everything on on it. Now cheap units such as Crossbowman will have an advantage over more strong ones, such as Musketeers. And overall everything seems to be fine... all civs were bosted besides Portugal and Ottomans and Germany was also nerfed. I just don't know if Dutch will be good enough, since all civs got some kind of boost maybe +15% gather rate isn't enough.

Hussar boost was nice, but Grenadiers, Halberdiers and Cav. Archers are still underpowered. Though Grenadiers may become a little better now for Russia and Ottos since destroying the TC before Fortress Age is easier... I would also like to see some changes on underused cards.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 07-24-06 01:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 149  
Oh yeah, and the fortress age taking longer and tc HP decreased the rush is much more viable.

[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 07-24-06 01:14 PM EDT (US)     10 / 149  
brit boosts: faster training l bows, cheaper manors, l bow bonus vs light cav, hussar(RG) boost

brit nerfs: worse TC, rockets worse.

dutch boosts, gold mining, skirms bonus vs light cav.

dutch nerfs: worse TC. HC worse.

did they see brits as worse than dutch...oh yeah, they go by win percentage...

posted 07-24-06 01:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 149  
blockhouses are still 250 (thunder comfirmed).

right now brittish pwn dutch in every way, after this patch it will get even worse for dutch vs brittish

posted 07-24-06 01:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 149  
wow, just wos

Heavy Cannons, Great Bombards, and Rockets have less hitpoints and deal less damage against other cannons

They were OP, seems like good changes. Doesn't really effect how they serve in the general roll of ripping infantry to shreds.

* All archer and skirmisher units gain 1.5x bonus vs ranged cavalry

This seems to indicate that we'll be seing even more skirms.

* Mayan Holcan Spearmen hand and building damage reduced

covermode, now this? too much? nah, it was still crazy, hopefuly it's reasonable now.

* German Winged Hussars card changed from 12 to 10

i'll agree with this one again.

* British manors cost changed to 135 wood.

hmm, me thinks the brits just got a huge bost. But this makes the cheap manors shipment a lot less important.

* Spanish faster shipment bonus improved.

Without the 7th starting vill this seems like a good idea.

great idea, seems to address the problem in a simple, creative and effective way.

* French start with +1 food crate

another good change, finding the middle ground between 5-6 vills is a good thing.

gold gathering now only 11.5% slower than hunting! Wonder how big this will turn out to be. I'll have to pull out my dutch hc in a while.

* German War Wagon range reduced from 20 to 16

definently a reasonable start, what about hp?

* Germans now require slightly more XP before receiving their shipments.

An interesting way to make the more valuable shipments still unique but not op.

* Uhlans do slightly less damage vs settlers.

They were a bit too effective as raiders, but does it take them any more hits to actually kill a vill?

* Hussars get +10% hitpoints

I think everyone agrees this was necessary

* Fortress Age research time increased by 20 seconds
* Town Center hitpoints reduced to 6500

A big, omfg yay!! there will be war in colonial!!! 500 hp lower than the original release. Now that cover mode has been changed this is just fine. I can't wait to try this.

* Trading Posts hitpoints reduced to 3000

Hmm, another reasonable change. Will have to see exactly how it plays out. Does this mean atp now have 4500?

may it actually be a better idea to build a military building than ship all your units now?!?

An interesting, but theoreticaly reasonable way to deal with things.

NerVe Clan
SMF AoE3 Recorded Game Data Mod
posted 07-24-06 01:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 149  
That Russia bonus is sweet. I may stay with them after all. I'm glad Germans are getting nerfed, I can't stand them.
posted 07-24-06 01:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 149  
Wow, game will be rush city.
posted 07-24-06 01:18 PM EDT (US)     15 / 149  

Quote:

That's interesting, I woner how that will change things. Boosts the rush though.

Boosts defense of a rush too though. You can get your defensive units out quicker. But it will increase the time between a rush and FF helping nerf the FF a bit.

Quote:

Dislike that. It only aids strelet spam.

ESO: Steel_Reign

*Doles out the harshness*

posted 07-24-06 01:20 PM EDT (US)     16 / 149  

Quote:

A big, omfg yay!! there will be war in colonial!!! 500 hp lower than the original release. Now that cover mode has been changed this is just fine. I can't wait to try this.

OMFG! I just noticed it... Now Town Centers have less 1500 HP? Well... not sure how this will be. Though I guess Portugal isn't that unrushable anymore :/

ESO - Walker

posted 07-24-06 01:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 149  
Another thing I thought of, is that now Ottos have enough wood to easily build a barracks and a foundary and considering their age up politician, also get a TP as well.

Maybe they should have given them 100 less wood at start or something.

posted 07-24-06 01:25 PM EDT (US)     18 / 149  
With faster Spanish shipments and weaker TCs, do you think the pike rush will come back into favor?
posted 07-24-06 01:28 PM EDT (US)     19 / 149  
But Ottomans units areexpensive, so they take more time to train. Now xbows will train fastr than Jans and Hussars have some chance of killing Abus, besides the fact that all civs but Portugal and Germany (and Ottos itself) got a direct boost

ESO - Walker

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 07-24-2006 @ 01:28 PM).]

posted 07-24-06 01:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 149  
for those who still doubt, these are the real changes.....

hum will VC get the housing cost for brits even lower than now (about 99 Wood ?)?

Bh giving 5 pop space.... not sure about that one, altough if the BH is now 200 wood, even there.....

Depending on how much spain sphipment is faster, go spain go, since ff will be nerfed(longer time to get the age 3 up and lowerTC HP, so you really need to defend correclty for colonial fight and not juste rely on age 3 units for aging up and a fast fast fortress. Faster shipment means more ressources faster, easy access to natives through dog and ATP wich pays faster. And native should become more useful because of the higher colonial fighting. Altough I like russia in that world, Britts will also be a strenght. And for the dutch, being able to spam skirms who now have some king of bonus against cav, dont look that bad, again in a longer colonial fight perspective.

I cant wait to see this in the real world

posted 07-24-06 01:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 149  
Making a better analysis it seems this patch is going to put Dutch and Russia at the bottom. The BH +5 pop is just there because all Barracks cost 200 wood, so its just a bonus that all civs got. Russia is not getting any direct bonus...

Also I don't think +15% gather rate for gold is going to help that much. Most gold come from Banks so its not like Dutch is playing with handicap on... In late game it won't make a difference. Also Brit and even Spain boosts seem to be better, while Dutch is currently a lot worse than those.

ESO - Walker

posted 07-24-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     22 / 149  
I agree with most of these changes.

I think the British have really benefited from this. Their LB's get a boost (1.5 v ranged cav), and houses cost less.

Very good news indeed.

Check out my Blog at www.lohcenter.net
posted 07-24-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     23 / 149  
One thing that I think the BH population will do for Russian is ease constant vil production while training strelets as well.

I think Dutch will be inderectly boosted by the fact that, there will be a lot more colonial fighting now, giving them the chance to get banks up in age 2, rather than scrambling to get to age 3 to compete.

posted 07-24-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     24 / 149  
I dont know about you guys but I dont want to play this game anymore until this patch comes out

The changes look good!

posted 07-24-06 01:46 PM EDT (US)     25 / 149  
I was reading AgeCommunity, and an excellent point was made. Will stretles train faster, because the individual unit is cheep, or slower, because you're shelling out a pretty penny (relatively) for a group of ten, counting as one training session.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » 1.08 Changes
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames