General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hellblazer's Ultimate Mercenary Guide
posted 12-23-06 03:08 PM EDT (US)   

Hellblazer's Ultimate Mercenary Guide

Ive compiled every mercenary in the game, all their stats, how to use them and lots of pretty pictures with even historical backgrounds about every mercenary, from Barbary Corsairs to Scottish Highlanders.

Heres a tidbit about the Black Rider:
The Reiters (German: Reiter, or horserider, shortened from the original 'Schwarze Reiter' or'black riders' called for the colour of their armour) were a type of cavalry, which appeared in the armies of Western Europe in the 16th century in place of the outmoded lance-armed knights, at the same type that cuirassiers and dragoons began to attain typological distinction from other kinds of cavalry...

Black Riders are Light Cavalry, meaning they excel at killing both Artillery and Heavy Cavalry. Black Riders are excellent at charging Artillery, as their 40% hand resistance disregards nearly all Heavy Infantry guarding Artillery. Use Black Riders as you would Ruyters or Dragoons...

Read my online Mercenary guide at merc.hellblazer.cc. There are credits under the Contact page.

Replies:
posted 12-23-06 03:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
This is really nice, i compliament you hellblazer for you're pimp guide.
posted 12-23-06 06:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Very nice guide!!!!
posted 12-23-06 07:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Very nice.

My only comment: to Ninjas, I would also talk about their good siege attack. Ninjas are fast, and have great siege, thus making them useful for raiding.

posted 12-24-06 00:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
I beat a major with dutch a while ago, i made a saloon and got a merc i've never seen before (elmeti). luckly i read this and i knew exatly what to do with them, and what to keep them away from. You're guide helped me win the game.

He massively outplayed me, but it didn't matter caus i was dutch and he was port.

posted 12-24-06 09:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Hey, very cool! This is a nice guide. Essential reading for anyone looking to get some ideas for abusing the saloon.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Hellblazer's Ultimate Mercenary Guide
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames