Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Bug List Feedback
posted 01-04-07 02:47 AM EDT (US)   
I want to thank everyone for putting in their time and effort in providing feedback. Your feedback is very important to us, so again, I want to thank you for your time away from waging total war on each other to take a few minutes to contribute to the thread.

I do want to stress and reiterate that this is basically a fact-finding mission, and it is not a implied promise whatsoever that these bugs will be addressed. With software this large, it is impossible to bulletproof it, and you can spend an eternity fixing every trivial bug with no end in sight. So it is the community's best interest to place awareness on the most serious issues or has an exigent need in nature.

The bug thread is probably going to get pretty long. Here are some things that will help me this and the following week:

1.) Please be as concise and as specific as you can. If your descrption is vague, like "X card and a few others like it don't work", then I am much less inclined to tackle it and will move on to other issues. A better example of a possible issue would be, "X card and Y card have near-similar properties, but their behavior is inconsistent". A specific example would be, "X does A, it's supposed to do B."

2.) No fishing expeditions. It would greatly help if the issues include explicit or implied repro steps and specific data as very bug claim will be checked.

3.) I am not here to debate issues or features on this thread. If you want to take a discussion to a tangent, please start a new thread.

4.) Please do not ask me or private message me for "upcoming changes" because I will simply not reply to those.

5.) If your thread contains a disproportionate amount of either "UP" or "OP", I will not look at it. For the record, I consider a disproportionate amount to be anything equal or higher than 1.

6.) Suggestions are OK, but take some consideration on whether you would like us to address issues or adding new features.

Lastly, my posting here or in Age Community is not an endorsement of either forum. I'm currently having some issues accessing HG from work so most of the daytime replies will appear on Age Sanctuary, but I will be checking this outside the office.

I really do enjoy discussing feedback from the community and look forward in working with you.

// Wibble
// Microsoft Game Studios
// Age of Empires III Multiplayer Test Lead

[This message has been edited by Wibble (edited 01-04-2007 @ 03:28 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-04-07 05:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
Thanks for providing some feedback on behalf of ES.

At least we know they are aware of this bug list now!

I assume they won't be fixed until later patches though.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.

[This message has been edited by James Lock (edited 01-04-2007 @ 05:49 AM).]

posted 01-04-07 05:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
great to know, that someone from ES cares about

hope anyone from HG staff is able to add the reported bugs to the first post
would be best to have a clear structured list, which would help to make ES' work a lil bit easier

posted 01-04-07 06:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Sounds good Wibble, I added a quote from you to the TWC Bug List thread.
posted 01-04-07 07:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Please fix the germans!!!
posted 01-04-07 09:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
This means a lot to many AoE3 players, including me. Thanks for taking the time to write this up.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 01-04-07 07:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Thanks for the explanation to everyone Wibble

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 01-04-07 10:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
Good looking out WIbbie.

I just want to bring this to some1 as ES attention, i made a thread about it before, but got little notice.

It isnt that big of a deal, and really wont care if it gets fixed, but most of the time, when a villager is standing idle on top of a pre-determined wall build spot, that has yet to be built, they will NOT show up idle.

Its wierd, when they are standing in a unfinished wall, they just dont show up idle, one time i had like 3 or 4 idle vills standing in a wall spot once, while i was in a battle, and didnt notice they were idle till like 4 mins later -_-

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu
posted 01-05-07 00:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
i dont care if u do anything so long as you just fix the germans

1/11th of ur game is broken.. think about it that way

posted 01-05-07 08:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
Just like ub3r, I have a small bug that doesn't really effect the game that much. I find that if you task a villager to begin building a building, and then try to make that villager build another building which you do not have the resources for, that villager will go idle instead of building the first building. This happens to me usually when I am queing up multiple houses for one villager to build. I'll come back a few seconds later and find my villager standing there next to the "construction zone" of a bunch of houses.

Again, not such a major bug, but I thought I would bring it to your attention. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to us.

posted 01-05-07 09:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
The Iroquois card Infantry HP +15% displays the message "TEAM All Infantry Hitpoints Increased", yet the card does not have the green border so I assume it's not supposed to be a team card, or perhaps it's not and it's just displaying the wrong message.

Minor bug, but just something I noticed...

...Fix the Germans please! And balance the game please!!

[This message has been edited by Lightning_Rider (edited 01-05-2007 @ 09:19 AM).]

posted 01-05-07 09:38 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
Some times when you cancell quick search the game freezes with the cancelling quicksearch dialouge box, if you try to close it the normal dialouge box appears asking if you want to close it yet clicking in yes/no does nothing.
I hope IM not repeating something thats already said but I couldnt find mention of it.
posted 01-05-07 10:22 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
This thread is NOT for reporting bugs. Use THIS thread. Thanks in advance.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Bug List Feedback
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames