You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Napoleonic Era Modding Team is looking for...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-10-07 08:23 PM EDT (US)   
...mature voices for languages (Italian, Swedish, Polish) and dialects (Swiss, Austrian, Berlin). The only technically condition is a rustless record device. The voices are required for the different sounds of every unit. If you have done your job very well, you'll get recompensed with the worldwide success of your voice and take place in the credits for sure.

To persuade ourself of the applicability of your voice and your record device, we need a sample of your voice!
Availability:

and/or
(for our multitalents ^^)

...interested coders for programming the executable (.exe), which is able to change, displace, delete files and folder directories. A graphical user interface (like "start game" etc.) is also requested (graphics are already available).
Availability:
and/or

...seasoned hobby graphic designers for creating the user interface and avatars. Necessary is working knowledge in use of graphics editors like Photoshop. To get a short view into your work, we'd like to see some examples.
Availability:

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 05-02-2007 @ 08:30 AM).]

Replies:
posted 04-11-07 10:08 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30  
do I propose here or contact Kastor?
posted 04-11-07 01:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30  
I want some news saying exactly the same:

"War of the Triple Alliance needs you!"

EDIT: Move this to modding discussions... or i'll feel free to advertise my mod here.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!

[This message has been edited by Lord Tahattus (edited 04-11-2007 @ 01:11 PM).]

posted 04-11-07 02:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30  
@darkeye - that's not really important, important is that you propose.

@Tahattus - Move! = order? (I've not seen a 'please' - in which century do we live?) well, you've nothing to order me tuhuhatts It's a pity that you're way too proud to have the ability to accept others. I mean that's the contradiction itself, isn't it?

I'll not accept the help of skinners/coder anymore, because YOU SUCK!

Contact me: cellex YOU know THE rest [so why contacting you when everyone sucks apparently?]

However, we are just looking for new interested volunteers, we do it here cause it's the most active forum and not everyone is looking into modding discussion, cause, you know, everyone knows there it's expected to be able to mod or to be a 'nice skilled guy' like you, cause if you're not, you'll get tagged from a 'Supreme Emperor' as someone who definitelysucks.
You don't need modding skills to have a good record device, do you? You don't need modding skills to speak a special language, do you? etc.
We're not advertising for our mod (that's the job of our signatures dude), we're offering a place in a team, and you know as good as me that you won't come through with advertising in this thread. If you still think, this thread is pure advertising, avoid it. (maybe you'll ask yourself why I'm whispering, well, you're only part of the off topic content here, you don't deserve big letters)

» Modding is art! «
posted 04-11-07 03:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30  
I'd like to help, but I have zero modding skills whatsoever (save changing some things in notepad in RTW and M2TW to make all factions playable and such). Would that be a problem to be an interested coder?
posted 04-11-07 04:11 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30  
I would have to say the most important (and nonspecialized) positions would be the voice actors. Yes, we could really use a UI/portrait artist or an installer coder, but we have practically nothing to work with for some of these civs' voices.

ANYONE with a suitable voice and decent acting skills can do this. We may have to work with you a bit to get an accent down if you aren't a specific nationality, but it really doesn't take as much dedication as the other positions.

Also, don't forget that it doesn't have to be YOUR voice...it can be your friend's, your dad's, your neighbor's, etc, etc. Just as long as that person is interested and willing to work with us, that would be great. Please consider this position even if you are not a modder in any way. There is no reason for you to be.

The most demanding position would probably be the graphic designer. Although, for the avatars, we're looking for more of a plain artist who can scan their drawings. If you are a good artist for unit portraits, I suppose I could Photoshop your units into color if you're not also experienced with graphic design.

ESO: Imperius
-Graphic and Unit designer of Napoleonic Era
-Creator of the Unit Upgrades Modpack
-Winner of the AOE3 Heaven Modding Competition
"Your units > ES's units" -- Cherub Walker
Age of Empires: Napoleonic Era - "Be afraid, Ensemble Studios. Be very afraid..."
posted 04-11-07 04:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30  
"EDIT: Move this to modding discussions... or i'll feel free to advertise my mod here"

Lol, i was talking to Kastor.

"so why contacting you when everyone sucks apparently?"

Who said I'm asking for skinners to contact me? Contact me if you need me in any case.

"However, we are just looking for new interested volunteers, we do it here cause it's the most active forum and not everyone is looking into modding discussion"

"We're not advertising for our mod (that's the job of our signatures dude), we're offering a place in a team, and you know as good as me that you won't come through with advertising in this thread."

Ah, sorry! Let's just delete that forum because not everyone is looking there. I see that you're not advertising your mod, so create this thread at the Saloon.

"Supreme Emperor"

Not only I got that nick, but... I GOT A COOL T-SHIRT AND YOU DIDN'T!! :P

WOTTA WEBSITE!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
posted 04-11-07 04:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30  
Ok, quit with that you two. Tahattus, if you want to have your mod newsied, then just contact me. And if you has anything against this thread, then ignore it instead of giving NE more clicks! Starting a flame war might be the best way to get more replys, but I'd have to ask you to stop

Now back on topic...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 04-11-07 04:53 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30  
Lol, dear Cherub Player, what kind of "avatar" are you looking for? I may help you.

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 04-12-07 03:08 PM EDT (US)     9 / 30  
I'd like to help... but I think my voice is lame However, I could give a Mediterranean taste to the voice (maybe for Italians )

Regarding graphic design, I might be able to draw some avatars... Would it be possible to handdraw them and then arrange them in the computer?

Long live early music.
posted 04-12-07 04:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 30  
Yeah, why not, try it - but we need a clear, rustless sample from you. That would be nice to see if your voice and the quality is adequate.

Regarding graphic design, I might be able to draw some avatars... Would it be possible to handdraw them and then arrange them in the computer?

If you have a scanner or any other copy/converting tools you could arrange them with photoshop for example.

And I can just agree with that, what Imperiosus said:

I would have to say the most important (and nonspecialized) positions would be the voice actors. Yes, we could really use a UI/portrait artist or an installer coder, but we have practically nothing to work with for some of these civs' voices.

ANYONE with a suitable voice and decent acting skills can do this. We may have to work with you a bit to get an accent down if you aren't a specific nationality, but it really doesn't take as much dedication as the other positions.

Also, don't forget that it doesn't have to be YOUR voice...it can be your friend's, your dad's, your neighbor's, etc, etc. Just as long as that person is interested and willing to work with us, that would be great. Please consider this position even if you are not a modder in any way. There is no reason for you to be.

The most demanding position would probably be the graphic designer. Although, for the avatars, we're looking for more of a plain artist who can scan their drawings. If you are a good artist for unit portraits, I suppose I could Photoshop your units into color if you're not also experienced with graphic design.

» Modding is art! «
posted 04-13-07 12:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 30  
Where do I apply then?

And what kind of voice example do you need? Any sentence? Any word? :s

Long live early music.
posted 04-13-07 12:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 30  
I hope GatoFedorento is +30 years old... You don't want to play the voice of female italian settlers, do you? :P

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
posted 04-13-07 12:55 PM EDT (US)     13 / 30  
Just mail your sample to Xastor. Choose any sentence in the language you're able to speak. Later we'll just need sounds like "Yes!" or "to Battle!" (the regular sounds), but to see if you're voice is ok, we'd like to hear a bit more.

@Lord - Only his voice has to be authentic. So we don't really care about the age when the voice is suitable.

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 04-17-2007 @ 09:48 AM).]

posted 04-17-07 12:20 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30  
OK I've just sent an e-mail to k/xastor... I'm not much hopeful, though.

Alas, what is done is done.

Long live early music.
posted 04-17-07 11:04 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30  
Kastor did you get my e-mail?
posted 04-18-07 10:16 AM EDT (US)     16 / 30  
For sure - but he won't answer till friday, cause he's on a schooltrip in Portsmouth, greetings to everyone

» Modding is art! «
posted 04-18-07 10:15 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30  
woops I probley sent him like 5 of the same one LOL
posted 05-02-07 08:31 AM EDT (US)     18 / 30  
Main post updated.

» Modding is art! «
posted 07-08-07 08:57 AM EDT (US)     19 / 30  
No one's interested? We are still looking..

» Modding is art! «
posted 07-09-07 06:02 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30  
Xastor said he would like me to do something but he hasn't told me what exaclty so far. I guess it's not the right time yet.

Long live early music.
posted 07-09-07 08:00 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30  
I can do pretty uber impressions of many people so I would be glad to help. I think i got austrian and berlin in the bag, I'll send you a recording, but send me a list of things you want said, and their pronunciations.

try to get it to me by friday, so when I'm home i can record. well try to get anything to me. just a few lines. i hope my mic is up to your standards

Lolocausts are fun.
posted 07-10-07 08:59 AM EDT (US)     22 / 30  
@smashnbash - just speak 1-2 sentences in the language you want to speak. First step is always a sample, so that we can get an impression of the quality of your record device and your language skillz

If we like it, you'll get a list =)

@Gato - what did YOU want to do?

» Modding is art! «
posted 07-10-07 09:20 AM EDT (US)     23 / 30  
cmon give me something!

I'll do the voice stuff if you would like. It would be awesome to have my voice heard around the world

For reference, i can do each of the following accents pretty well:
From AoE3:
Ivan
Cuahtemoc( i suppose its alright)
Some of Napoleon
Frederic the Gr8
British explorer

Out Of AoE3:
George Dubya Bush
Bill Clinton
John Kerry
Some John Madden
Rocky
The Godfather
Middle east accent
Indian Accent
Pretty much anyone
Really Deep voices
Foreign Accents

EDIT:
Replied before i did, but I'll get one tomorrow, but ya have to give me a line or two. I'll sound stupid if I just go on saying random things in said language

so just give me one phrase, its pronunciation, and I'll bring it to life

Lolocausts are fun.

[This message has been edited by smashnbash (edited 07-10-2007 @ 09:25 AM).]

posted 07-13-07 03:12 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30  
Ok, here some things you could say:
  • "Hi, I'm ... from ... (Forum, City, Country, mother, whatever..) and I would like to make some sounds for Napoleonic Era. The language I am speaking or trying to speak is ... (language)."

• "In my sweetest dreams I'm the great commander who is leading his army to victory, but honestly - in real life I am killing bacteria in the kitchen of a chinese fast food restaurant."

• "Instead of learning, I am always doing any shit in the internet. I sent my history teacher a message, said I had a satisfying night with his wife and called him 'Captain Jack Sparrow'."

• "In November of the year 1630 we found that place of misery. It was a horrifying sight and idolatrous stench of blood and sweat, the fog lay over the field, a scrupulously shape was in my mind and I was scared."

• "I don't want to talk to you anymore, I'm afraid of what I might say. I bite my tongue everytime you come around
    Cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground!"

• "The constitution was a compromise between the revolutionary transformed conservative monarchy and the junior partner of the national and liberal movement of the bourgeoisie. Bismarck had a double purpose in the eye."

any other wishes, hu? ^^

» Modding is art! «

[This message has been edited by Tilanus Commodor (edited 07-13-2007 @ 03:13 PM).]

• posted 07-13-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30  
    Who's the crazy guy who'll record FOUR HUNDRED AND ZEROS ZEROS ZEROS sentences?

WOTTA WEBSITE!

WotTA back to active!
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Napoleonic Era Modding Team is looking for...
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames