Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: VOD: Sephiroth vs NadoZ
posted 04-29-07 01:06 AM EDT (US)   
Another VOD from sephi . The matchup is french (me) vs dutch (him) on California. I know a lot of people have trouble with this matchup, especially with the advent of the mRcheese CM FF, but this is a good alternative to the double rax rush.

I go for 15 cdb + TP discovery while he does 4 bank FF. With the awsome power of Stagecoach TP's and cdb economy in combination with OP xbows and hussars, not even the great dutch FF can match

gg

http://files.filefront.com//;7374609;;/

Oh yeah, and I replaced the in game music wit some of my own. I thought the first song is rather fitting, given my name

Replies:
posted 04-29-07 04:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 27  
nicely done VOD.

music would have been even better if it was played in game.

i dont know why he didnt bother getting 1 or 2 tps nor why he insisted on making ruyters - countered badly by xbow and skirms - countered by both xbow and hussars.

he really should have shipped 4 outposts and built vet hussars and few skirms to kill pikes.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 04-29-2007 @ 04:13 AM).]

posted 04-29-07 04:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 27  
nice VOD gg
posted 04-29-07 09:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 27  
He's dutch, you can't expect him to make TP's
posted 04-29-07 09:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 27  
Dude, one-winged angel is an amazing song. You could've done better on the quality though, this sounds almost midi-like in its rigidity. Get the remake off of the advent children soundtrack, it's incredible.

I didn't know that NanoX and NadoZ were the same guy :P

ESO: Naevius

[This message has been edited by Roark (edited 04-29-2007 @ 09:36 AM).]

posted 04-29-07 10:04 AM EDT (US)     5 / 27  
You could have put that music into your game Seph, all you have to do is replace the music files in the sounds folder.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
posted 04-29-07 10:49 AM EDT (US)     6 / 27  
When I click on the link, it just brings me to the mainpage. Do I have to register for the site?

You could have put that music into your game Seph, all you have to do is replace the music files in the sounds folder.

So I can listen to my own music while playing aoe? Awesome, thanks for the tip.

Do I delete all the other music files and put in my own? Can I put in more than one?

ESO2: mista_mista
"Baby, you like shopping? Well, I like sieging town centers and raiding villagers..." -DONofCHRON
"Then theres the aztecs. With their 35 guys on the pit they can spit out vills faster than george bush can spit out troops into Iraq." -Cookiecrisp13

[This message has been edited by mista_mista (edited 04-29-2007 @ 10:55 AM).]

posted 04-29-07 11:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 27  
you have to copy and paste it in mista.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
posted 04-29-07 11:46 AM EDT (US)     8 / 27  
Lol, both his tps were bugged. That must suck.
posted 04-29-07 12:11 PM EDT (US)     9 / 27  
Ok, I got it to work now.

Dragonforce=win

ESO2: mista_mista
"Baby, you like shopping? Well, I like sieging town centers and raiding villagers..." -DONofCHRON
"Then theres the aztecs. With their 35 guys on the pit they can spit out vills faster than george bush can spit out troops into Iraq." -Cookiecrisp13
posted 04-29-07 12:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 27  
they weren't bugged... seph just couldn't build on them because they were too close to nadoz's TC

ESO: Naevius
posted 04-29-07 12:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 27  
I always get Nado and Nano mixed up. Their names are too similar . Fortunately, my awsome mod powers can cover my mistakes .

I can only concentrate with the normal in-game music on, so I just edit in better music while reformatting the file.

And yes, dragonforce = win.

posted 04-29-07 03:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 27  
Again I ask, do you have recordings for those that can't download such massive files?

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 04-29-07 03:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 27  
240 MB isn't that big

Unfortunately, I can't get recordings for half these games because I use QS, and I always get red for some reason.

On a side note, has anyone not gotten red against iros before in qs? It seems like iro players automatically get blue, and as such games are never recorded.

posted 04-29-07 04:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 27  
240 megs is huuuuge.

you can download TV episodes which are like DVD quality and 45 mins long and those are 300-350mb. I suggest you use an xvid encoder, wmv sux.

posted 04-29-07 04:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 27  
I dont feel like looking for an xvid encoder :P

Besides, BIS made a 12 minute VOD using xvid and it wa 650 MB

posted 04-29-07 04:17 PM EDT (US)     16 / 27  
TV-rips generally have much less resolution.

i think these ones are OK in terms of quality/res/file size.

but you should use either x264(in mkv form) and wmv9, both are better than straight wmv.

do it in 720P next time. :P

posted 04-29-07 04:29 PM EDT (US)     17 / 27  
What is this about downloading it?

I can just watch it, instantly.

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
posted 04-29-07 06:11 PM EDT (US)     18 / 27  
Same here Saruman.

Nice VOD again

xbow+hussar rocks, whenever I'm french I just go for the double rax xbow, but maybe Hussars are worth it for them to try and always make ruyter only to die to xbows *mishchief*

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
posted 04-30-07 10:14 AM EDT (US)     19 / 27  
I either download or watch online, great VOD Sephi, keep em coming.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 04-30-07 11:03 AM EDT (US)     20 / 27  
thanks again for the VOD matt.
When you attacked him and you were obviously happy to sit under his TC fire, and with his villagers all sitting out working, i would have microed most of my units to kill his settlers as my instinct would be to damage his economy.
Another thing is, i would really avoid coming under TC fire as you did.
Could you explain to me your decisions there please? (obviously you thought you could win the battle, but im just trying to understand the situations where you would/wouldnt do this, so as to improve myself.)

ESO2 - Crashtest

posted 04-30-07 11:27 AM EDT (US)     21 / 27  
Nice game, though i think nadoz's unit choice was well off. Xbows get 1.5 vs ruyter but nothing extra vs halb, also halb owns xbow once they get close and beat hussar much faster. Halbs would have been a much better choice imo.
posted 04-30-07 04:13 PM EDT (US)     22 / 27  
Yeah, halbs would have been smarter than ruyters, though they are harder to avoid fire with than ruyters are. Halb + Skirm or Halb + Falc is tricky to deal with if not in fort yourself.

@scriv: There are a few principles to the game that will generally dictate how one should play it out. In this case, he did an economic fast fortress, while I did an economic rush. It isn't wise to do a full out rush vs dutch because CM will wipe cost you more than you can produce, meaning you will eventually lose. On the other hand, FF'ing along with him is suicide, as dutch can reach fortress with a much better economy.

What I was trying to accomplish here was this: keep his army low, not allowing him to mass anything. If I can swarm him quick enough, he will never be able to use his powerful economy to its full potential, meaning he will fall behind militarily. If I had let him breathe even a little that would give him enough time to build some units that I really can't deal with, such as saloon mercs or falc + meatshield. It's then when I start to lose my advantage.

TC fire is negligible with armies growing to those sizes. Remember that a TC kills just one xbow every 6 seconds, but I can produce 5 xbows every 27 seconds (plus 5 hussars on top of that). Meanwhile, it's costing him 30 vill seconds per shot, so in the end, I win out militarily.

Hope that wasn't too confusing

posted 04-30-07 04:14 PM EDT (US)     23 / 27  
240 MB isn't that big [q/]

Sorry, I tried to download it and I see your point 21 hours isn't that big of a wait.

In fact the wait compared to the 3 days I had to wait for a gigabyte of another program this almost seems like nothing!

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 04-30-07 04:24 PM EDT (US)     24 / 27  
i understand seph, thanks for the reply.

ESO2 - Crashtest

posted 05-01-07 08:09 PM EDT (US)     25 / 27  
Can't you give us another option of watching your VOD's other than Filefront? I can't EVEr get this crappy website to play these VOD's!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
posted 05-01-07 08:59 PM EDT (US)     26 / 27  
Do you get an error message or something?
posted 05-01-07 09:09 PM EDT (US)     27 / 27  
how do you have your hotkeys so that when you select a building it doesn't auto-center on that building?
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » VOD: Sephiroth vs NadoZ
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames