Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Lost first disc....
posted 05-05-07 12:47 PM EDT (US)   
I lost my first disc to AOE3. Is there any way I can download it without buying it again.
Replies:
posted 05-05-07 12:56 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11  
As a rule of thumb, "downloading discs" is illegal.
Some people have had success getting a replacement disc from Microsoft via E-Mail. But, I doubt they'd do it for a lost disc. If it were snapped in half, maybe, but not lost.

Or, even better, you could look for it.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."-George W. Bush
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress? Congress.
Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." - General John Sedgwick (1813-1864), last words
"Do you have blacks, too?"-George W. Bush-to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso,
posted 05-05-07 12:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11  
I thought the idea of cd keys was that even if you downloaded the game it wouldn't be illigal, because without a cd key you can't play.

If you have a cd key it shouldnt be illigal to download a cd file that certain programs can load the game from IF the game is already installed.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
posted 05-05-07 01:04 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11  
I thought the idea of cd keys was that even if you downloaded the game it wouldn't be illigal, because without a cd key you can't play.

True, but there are ways to get CD keys dishonestly.

If you have a cd key it shouldnt be illigal to download a cd file that certain programs can load the game from IF the game is already installed.

Good point, which is why you might want to try talking to Microsoft. They will probably ask you for all kinds of things:
Barcode on box, CD Key, First sentence on page 26 of the manual, etc. etc.
Or, you could look for it. If I'm not mistaken it costs something like $30 (USD) to E-mail Microsoft.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."-George W. Bush
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress? Congress.
Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason.
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." - General John Sedgwick (1813-1864), last words
"Do you have blacks, too?"-George W. Bush-to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso,
posted 05-05-07 01:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11  
Ok I will try emailing microsoft.
posted 05-05-07 01:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11  
Flamey there are ways to download, which are NOT illegal. But i wont post them here because i believe its against the forum rules. you can mail me at: bastiaan_dillmann AT hotmail DOT com
posted 05-05-07 03:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11  
Well, even an illegal download would be legal as long as you insert your own CD key. All you buy from Microsoft is a license to use their software. You can get that software anyway you want (although the CD is a nifty extra that comes in handy), as long as you have some sort of validation that you have the license to play, which comes as a CD key. As long as you just download the game, without a cd key crack, you should be fine, as nobody can tell if your software is downloaded or not.
posted 05-05-07 04:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11  
Do you think I could use sombody elses first disc?
posted 05-05-07 04:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11  
If you know someone that has a first disk, sure. Just convince them to give it to you, that might be the tough part.

ESO: 3snrocks

Quote of the Day: Experts opinions can't be taken as valid, because they arn't legitimate.
posted 05-05-07 05:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11  
I just called microsoft and they are sending me a new disc. Just had to pay for shipping. Thanks for all your help.
posted 05-05-07 05:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11  
Your best and easiest bet is to go to eBay and buy the game used. You can get it for as little as $5.00 now.

Warchiefs will run you about $15.00

posted 05-05-07 07:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11  
dashdad read flamey's post. he already got a replacement disk from microsoft.

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Lost first disc....
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames