You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Pause Box is too big I cannot see!
posted 07-16-07 09:58 AM EDT (US)   
I'm sure you all understand that the cumputer don't have to click a mouse... but why in the war chiefs expansion do we get a super large central mid screen PAUSE.

I like to play paused I can command my units;8 cannons can kill just aboout anything in sight but i need pause to command all of them.

It becomes annoying to have to endure the pause screen, its about 6 inch wide...

Can anybody help with this?
Replies:
posted 07-16-07 10:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
ES should've left it as a semitransparent text

I think I have the same problem but since I use a smaller screen size(To save against lag,but I still get it AlOT) I can't really say that it's gotten THAT big

I think the only thing is to try and remod the image back into text or remove patch data

AOEIII:The Reinforcements Mod

"Check in your wallet,that's me on the dollar bill" - George Crushington
posted 07-16-07 11:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
how do you do stuff while paused, as soon as I click the screen the game resumes. Unless there is some other type of pause other than clicking the menu button.
posted 07-16-07 11:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
I think maybe it was intended to be that way. I see it as cheap to pause in order to command all your units so that you can win a battle. Pausing should be for when you have to go to the bathroom really badly, not to gain an unfair advantage over your opponent.

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate
posted 07-16-07 11:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
in the my documents portion of the install, go into the startup folder. make a file called user.cfg with wordpad or textpad. then add this line:
hidepopups

that will remove the pause box. if you want to skip the intro cinematics, include this line as well:
+nointrocinematics
posted 07-16-07 12:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
I use alt-Pause or Function-Pause (Dell vs HP) and that allows me to click on stuff, or move the ROI around.

Pausing just to issue orders is kinda being a dick. Don't do it. A lot of people will not let you pause at all because of this sort of thing, it's hard enough to get them to let you pause to take a leak or defuse a screeching toddler who brought down a plastic toy shelf on themselves.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 07-16-07 12:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Pausing just to issue orders is kinda being a dick. Don't do it. A lot of people will not let you pause at all because of this sort of thing, it's hard enough to get them to let you pause to take a leak or defuse a screeching toddler who brought down a plastic toy shelf on themselves.
I'm assuming he does that in Single Player, but I could be wrong.

Either way, ES probably created that horrible pause box because of the countless "How do I unpause after loading?" threads. IMO they should have just replaced the "paused" line for "PRESS PAUSE KEY".

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 07-17-07 03:47 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Tanks to Kuzyk I got rid ove this annoying pause screen. tx alot.

For those who think that pausing a game for reasigning units is bad and not fair-play I want to tell you this:

Fist ove all I only play campaign mode.

1)I'm a control freak, this game is about managing units and telling them what to do all the time. May I remind you that their is no + or - key to slow movement...

2)I should have done this and that! sometimes it's frustrating to see units behavior gettin killed for nottin and waste ammo: I find it hard to beleive that all my canons are aiming the same time at the first enemy in sigh, it only takes one shut to kill why waste ammo, reloading takes a lot of time why cant i manage to tell every one of my unit dont shout at the same time... you know in football MAN ON MAN...

Also AI is very poor sometimes

Try this trick assign 1 to an hero in front, 2345678 to canons in the baCk of the formation. The AI will try to kill the first unit they see: the hero... just place an healer at 9 and your good to bee invincible, you just have to pause and telling each canon wich unit to kill...
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Pause Box is too big I cannot see!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames