You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder (Sign Up and Report Games HERE)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
posted 10-02-07 10:32 AM EDT (US)   
Welcome to the Official Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder!

The “Strategic Objectives” 1V1 Online scenarios are now available for download.

The scenarios are:
Strategic Objectives: Cryptic Lakes 1V1
Strategic Objectives: Battle of the Bay 1V1

Each scenario has 4 versions
Two "Rush" maps and two semi "No Rush" maps.

To read about the scenarios and to download them go to:
"Strategic Objectives" 1V1 Online Scenarios

There will be up to 15 game prizes that MosheLevi will be giving away via drawing are as follows:

5 AOE 3: The Asian Dynasties
1 Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
1 Supreme Commander
1 Company of Heroes
1 Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II
1 Empire Earth 2: Platinum Edition
1 Star Wars: Empire at War
1 Rise of Legends
1 Medieval 2: Total War
1 Rome: Total War
1 Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War

“In order to qualify to be in the drawing for one of the 5 AOE 3: The Asian Dynasties games, players have to be among the top 50% and play at least 5 games.
For the rest of the prizes, being among the top 50% is enough to be in the drawing.

In addition to that the player that is in the first place will win 2 game prizes of his choice from the list above, and the second player will win 1 game of his choice. The first and second place winners are excluded from the drawing"

The tournament will conclude on October 31.
____________________________________________________________ _________________________________________

Ladder Maintained by: Flammifer

Strategic Objectives Ladder on ESO is the official meeting place for all Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder Games
____________________________________________________________ _________________________________________

This Thread is to be Used for

• Reporting Ladder Game Results
  • Looking For the Latest Ladder Game Updates
  • Signing up For The Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder
  • Issuing Challenges to Ladder Players
  • Posting any and All Ladder Related Posts

Check Ladder Standings...Click Here-------> here

What Time is it where you live--------> Time Converter

How to Join The Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder: It's Easy!

1. If you are not registered on AoE3 Heaven, then do so.

2. Post in this Thread with your ESO Name, that you wish to sign up on the Ladder!.....that's all....your all set!

3. Read the the ladder rules so you understand how the ladder works!

4. You can start playing ladder games right away as long as you have posted in the Ladder Thread that you want to join and left your ESO name.

How to GET LADDER GAMES:

1. Add ladder players names to your ESO Friends List. This way you will see who is online at all times. You can always add and remove names as you like.

2. Host a game with the title "Strategic Objectives Ladder" with the scenario hosted or see if any ladder players are looking for a game in the Strategic Ladder room. If the chat room isn't present go ahead and create it. Be sure to confirm they are on the ladder before the game. This important to do in team games as well. Games may be password protected. The suggested password is "hunter"

3. Join the xfire group AoE3HLadder and see when other ladder players are online or playing TWC and ask for games.

5. Issue a chalange to a particular ladder player or players here in the Ladder Thread. Let them know the times you will be online. Many people advertise their instant messenger ID's, contact them in this way too.

6. Participate in Ladder Tournaments. These will be posted in the forum as a seperate thread. So watch for them.

____________________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Ladder Tips:

Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder chat room on ESO is the official meeting place for Ladder Games If the chat room isn't up go ahead and open it yourself.

When Reporting Games: You should only report one game per post. There is a chance I may miss the second game and you may not get credit for it.

Also try to Report games in this form: BigBill defeats Slow_Poke

ESO Names: Make sure to report your games using your published Forum name and your oppenents pubplished forum and or ESO name.

Playing Ladder Players: Make sure the players you are playing are on the Ladder. It is very dissapointing to not get credit for a win when you find out the player you beat only told you he was on the ladder just to get a game when in fact he isn't. Best thing to do is ask for the players forum name so you can quickly check it out. If he will not give you his forum name...then do not invite him or just boot him. Cuz he ain't on the ladder.

____________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Earning Ladder Points:

Scoring:

(A)Experts: 200+....................Value of opponents: A: 6, B: 3, C: 3, D: 1, E: 1, F: 1.
(B)High Inters: 165-199...........Value of opponents: A: 9, B: 6, C: 3, D:3, E: 1, F: 1.
(C)Inters: 111-164..................Value of opponents: A: 12, B: 9, C: 6, D: 3, E: 3, F: 1.
ZERO Gamers: 100..................Value of ALL opponents: Winner gets 2, loser loses 2.
(D)Low Inters: 90-110.............Value of opponents: A: 15, B: 12, C: 9, D: 6, E: 3, F: 3.
(E)Good Rookies: 80-89...........Value of opponents: A: 18, B: 15, C: 12, D: 9, E: 6, F: 3.
(F)Rookies: 79 & Under...........Value of opponents: A: 21, B: 18, C: 15, D: 12, E: 9, F: 6.

The winner of a game is awarded the points given in the 'Value of opponents' category that applies to their opponent's rank, while the loser loses that same amount of points.

Example 1: You currently have 108 points and are thus ranked as an Low Inter (category D). You play, and beat another forumer who has 166 points and is therefore ranked as High Inter (category B). You can see in the 'Value of opponents' for Inters that category B players are worth 12 points to you. Hence, you gain 12 points for defeating the High Inter player, while they in fact lose 12 points for the loss.

Example 2: Good Rookie (E) loses to a Rookie (F): The Good Rookie loses 9 points, while the Rookie gains 9 points.

Example 3: Inter (C) beats a Zero Gamer: The Inter gains 2 points while the Zero Gamer loses 2 points.

____________________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Rules of the Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder:

1. Unless agreed by both players before the game starts, all Strategic Objective scenario online games are assumed to count to the ladder. Settings for games must be at the agreement of players in the game.

2. Only one game per Every 3 Days between the same two forumers will count as a ladder game - that is, the first game (in that 3 day period). Note that this will be determined by requiring that there be 3 days between the reporting of game results (easy to determine as all posts are dated). You are expected to report the results of the game, the day the game was played right after it was played, or risk having the game not count as a ladder game.

3. Trust is assumed! However, it is good to have recorded games in case of a dispute. Anyone caught lying will automatically be removed from the ladder.

4. Disconections: Disconections: Any Games that are disconnected should be replayed unless one player feels they were clearly winning (this has to be very obvious). Return to the Strategic Objectives Ladder room and wait for the other player. If the player that drops does not come back within 10 minutes it will be assumed they have lost unless they wish to either
    a) Contest this by providing a recording to the ladder administrator, leaving to the ladder administrator the decision that were indeed winning, or
    b) Arrange another time to continue the game with the relevant ladder player.

5. Smurfing will not be tolerated and as such, I will conduct IP checks on anyone suspect or otherwise brought to my attention. If you are caught attempting to smurf, all names connected to your IP will be banned from the ladder.

6. All wins must be reported to this thread within a 24 hour period. If there are any disputes, they should also be posted within this same 24 hour period.

7. Any AoE3H forumers can participate in this ladder. You need only post your request to join and provide your ESO name on this thread.

8. You need only ask to be moved to the non-participating forumers. However, your old rating will be reinstated should you desire to return to the ladder at a later date.

9. This ladder will be updated every several days or as required. All changes including the addition or removal of names to the ladder will take place only during the update times.

10. Challenges to people on the ladder should be made by contacting the person on ESO, another chat client or posting a message in this thread. Do not make a new thread. While challenges are a fun component, they are between forumers will not be formally recognised by myself. The exception of course are the rules related to the challenging of the Champion as outlined below.

11. To keep the ladder practical, I will remove Zero Gamers if it appears that they have become inactive for an extended period of time.

12. Attempts to distort the spirit of this ladder (such as through being involved in multiple disputes about who won, smurfing,etc,) can result in being removed from the ladder or otherwise penalised.

13. As ladder moderator, I reserve the right to add, remove, or otherwise modify the rules if required to maintain the integrity of the ladder. All changes to the rules will be announced in this thread prior to coming into effect.

14. If you wish to dispute the decision of the ladder administrator, (Flammifer) you should contact site director, Stonewall.

NerVe Clan
SMF AoE3 Recorded Game Data Mod

[This message has been edited by Flammifer (edited 10-11-2007 @ 11:30 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-02-07 11:17 AM EDT (US)     1 / 255  
i'll be first to sing up. i think all this fuss over a scenario is a bit much? i mean it hasn't had a chance to even see if its popular yet. then again if you want to host a tournament and give prizes then you can.
posted 10-02-07 11:30 AM EDT (US)     2 / 255  
i think all this fuss over a scenario is a bit much? i mean it hasn't had a chance to even see if its popular yet. then again if you want to host a tournament and give prizes then you can.
You are missing the point gunner1.

This is not about promoting a scenario, this is about promoting Custom Scenarios Online.

This is also about setting events with prizes for the community.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 10-02-2007 @ 11:31 AM).]

posted 10-02-07 11:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 255  
Yep ill sign up

~#~#~ ESO: bacon~#~#~

Favorite Civs: China, Germans, Aztec

PR Rank: Master Sergeant.
posted 10-02-07 12:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 255  
This is not about promoting a scenario, this is about promoting Custom Scenarios Online.
i see, hosting a tournament for 1 scenario map is solely focoused about promoting CSO? i think not. if this was the case then you may as well host a scenario tournament in general and anybody can enter a map, if say enough people agree in should be in.

i guess fort his case you could justify it by the prize giving. really though you cannot deny that a lot of this is about promoting the sceanrio. to promote CSO we should focous on the whole range on scenario types. not just ones that enhance a particular game mode.
posted 10-02-07 12:18 PM EDT (US)     5 / 255  
if this was the case then you may as well host a scenario tournament in general and anybody can enter a map, if say enough people agree in should be in.
Yes, I am thinking of doing that in the future when we have more multiplayer custom scenarios in the download section.

This is just the beginning.
posted 10-02-07 12:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 255  
ESO: GemNg

I wanna sign up
posted 10-02-07 02:20 PM EDT (US)     7 / 255  
ESO: Eicho
posted 10-02-07 02:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 255  
posted 10-02-07 02:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 255  
ESO: Furby_killer.

@gunner, sniff sniff

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 10-02-07 03:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 255  
i forgot to leave my eso name, which is sandstorm
@gunner, sniff sniff
i don't understand.
posted 10-02-07 04:07 PM EDT (US)     11 / 255  
ESO: Mattlight

Looks like fun, thanks for the great prizes Moshe.

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
posted 10-02-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 255  
Question: When does the ladder start? I can't find it anywhere in the topic post, except the conclusion date: October 31st.

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
posted 10-02-07 04:21 PM EDT (US)     13 / 255  
Question: When does the ladder start?
The ladder has started today.

Flammifer will update it after enough people sign up and start to report game results.

Please note that although this is a 1V1 scenario, ESO shows 5 players.
Players 3, 4 and 5 are passive computer players.

It is therefore very important to set players 3, 4 and 5 as computer players.

There is no need to set the teams.
posted 10-02-07 04:23 PM EDT (US)     14 / 255  
ESO: Death_Master
posted 10-02-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     15 / 255  
@gunner, no need to

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

posted 10-02-07 11:48 PM EDT (US)     16 / 255  
I'll sign up
ESO:Mmathlover

WOuld it be possible for you to create a list of everyone by the weekend so we know who is on the ladder to print it out?

THanks
posted 10-03-07 01:07 AM EDT (US)     17 / 255  
where can i download your online scenarios Moshe?
EDIT: Re-read post found em now.

Just a question Moshe so the 3 comp players get random teams right? Im assuming that one of them are the guardians so if he ended up on a players team wouldnt it be impossible for that player to capture stuff because he couldn't kill guardians?

[This message has been edited by Widget (edited 10-03-2007 @ 01:16 AM).]

posted 10-03-07 01:20 AM EDT (US)     18 / 255  
^^signing up too:

ESO-Name: Miespuffel
posted 10-03-07 01:32 AM EDT (US)     19 / 255  
Just a question Moshe so the 3 comp players get random teams right?
It doesn’t matter how you set the other 3 players (players 3,4 and 5)
I am setting the diplomacy the way it should be and I am overriding the ESO settings.
So the guardians are always going to be enemies for both players.

You can leave all teams open and set player 3,4 and 5 anyway you want as long as they are computer players.
posted 10-03-07 02:24 AM EDT (US)     20 / 255  
Ok if anyone wants a game ill be on from 3pm GMT onwards, ill play any of the rush maps but no no rush maps. Just add me on ESO ill make a chat too with password as hunter.

posted 10-03-07 06:00 AM EDT (US)     21 / 255  
Sign me up.
ESO:Kakulukia

P.S Widget i'll be on too at that time.
P.S 2 What's you'r ESO?

[This message has been edited by Ultra_Janissary (edited 10-03-2007 @ 06:03 AM).]

posted 10-03-07 06:08 AM EDT (US)     22 / 255  
ill join eso-masterme
posted 10-03-07 08:30 AM EDT (US)     23 / 255  
ESO: Ossian

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
posted 10-03-07 10:31 AM EDT (US)     24 / 255  
My ESO is bacon and ill be in about 20 mins if you wanna play me.

posted 10-03-07 11:29 AM EDT (US)     25 / 255  
@ schildpad: great, i love to needing to understand stuff
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 11  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Strategic Objectives 1v1 Online Ladder (Sign Up and Report Games HERE)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames