Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference
posted 12-08-07 01:22 PM EDT (US)   
DOWNLOAD HERE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference
VIEW ONLINE: On-Line Version

Simply click the link above and click the download file. You do not need to be a member to download but consider joining. We are always looking for friendly active members:
POST HERE TO JOIN
Please do not bother if you are rude, cheat, or immature.

Short Description
This is a comprehensive spreadsheet covering all of the major aspects of the real time strategy game, Age of Empires III, the War Chiefs, and the Asian Dynasties expansion packs. Anyone serious about learning this game needs this workbook.

Description:
I have completed the Quick Reference Guide for TAD. I posted this a few weeks ago for the clan I am in, N3O and made a few changes based on their comments. Originally I made a huge list of changes I made from the TWC to TAD Guide but it is so long I doubt there are many in the ADD age that will read it all. My advice is to look through every sheet as if it is new because I pretty much changed everything a little and some things a lot.

This Guide answers all of the common questions and a few you never thought to ask. In general, I tried to group the worksheet tabs in categories and in alphabetical order. I also started coloring coding the worksheet tabs for easier grouping. I can find anything in the guide within a few seconds, just look for key words. The following topics are covered:

• AOE3 Quick Reference Guide (Cover sheet with useful links)
• Table of Contents
BUILDING GUIDES
...Buildings – Defensive Structures
...Building Summary
BREAKEVEN CALCULATIONS
...Breakeven – HC Shipment
...Breakeven – Native Big Button
...Breakeven – Unique Church Techs
• Consulate Summary
• Experience Guide
FIRE PIT GUIDES
...Fire Pit Summary
...Fire Pit-Travois & Gift Dance (a mathematical comparison)
• Healing and Repairing Guide
HOME CITY SHIPMENT GUIDES
...Home City Shipments – Asians
...Home City Shipments – European
...Home City Shipments – Natives
...Home City – Trickle Shipments (Villager equivalent calculations)
• Map Summary
• Market Analysis (compares advanced market and all Asian unique markets)
MINOR NATIVE GUIDES
...Minor Natives, Temples, & Maps
...Minor Native Technologies
• Politicians, Councils, & Wonders
RESOURCE RATE GUIDES
...Resource Rate – Gathering Times
...Resource Rate – Livestock
...Resource Rate – Shrine
...Resource Rate – Sacred Field
• Revolution Summary
• Starting Conditions
GENERAL STRATEGY GUIDES
...Strategy – House Placement
...Strategy – Defend a Rush
...Strategy – Town Center
TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION GUIDES
...Technology – Arsenal Upgrades
...Technology – Church Summary
...Technology – Resource Summary
• Treasure Guide
UNIT INFORMATION GUIDES (every unit in the game)
...Unit Classification
...Unit Classification & Counters
...Unit Train Times
...Units – Consulate
...Units – Guardians
...Units – Mercenary Statistics
...Units – Minor Native Statistics
...Units – Pet Statistics
...Units – Revolution
...Units – Aztecs
...Units – British
...Units – China
...Units – Dutch
...Units – French
...Units – German
...Units – India
...Units – Iroquois
...Units – Japan
...Units – Ottoman
...Units – Portuguese
...Units – Russian
...Units – Sioux
...Units – Spanish
MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
...Misc – Acronyms, & BB Code
...Misc – Cheats
...Misc – Damage Capacity Summary
...Misc – Default Hotkey & Taunt
...Misc – Level & Single Play Edit
...Misc – Power Rating System
...Misc – Random Notes
...Misc – Reading Players Scores

For those of you who do not have Excel, here are some free viewers:

Excel Viewer 2003
This is a free Excel viewer that allows you to view but not edit.

Open Office
OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute.

For those of you who do not have Excel, do not want to download a free viewer, but still want to access the spreadsheet, I have converted it to an .html file on my website:

On-line AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference

I would like to warn you that it does not look as good. The interactive features (i.e. calculators) do not function in this version (due to the .html). It was either have all the cells formatted and no interaction, or interaction with no formatting. Since the majority of this spreadsheet requires reading but no inputs, I decided to keep the formatting. It is sad Microsoft forces you into those choices but those are the only options I am aware of.

All in all, I should have been paid for this. But don’t get me wrong, it is not perfect, but I did strive for perfection. Go over it with a fine tooth comb and let me know of any mistakes I may have made. Please post all of your comments, error corrections, and general praise here.

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous

[This message has been edited by Cyclohexane (edited 01-27-2008 @ 10:54 PM).]

Replies:
posted 12-08-07 01:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
Very nice work, always useful. Much appreciated.

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
posted 12-08-07 02:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
Great work, as always. Newsied

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
posted 12-09-07 10:33 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
hmm it seams broken 2 me:S please cheak it
posted 12-09-07 10:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Thats great and helps a lot!
Our tribute is also a kind of payment
posted 12-09-07 02:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Great work Now I see how bad the banner army wonder truly is, 5 mins for 4 cav units.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 12-09-07 10:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Thanks for the comments and as always thanks to the great Heaven Game moderators for quickly putting it on the front page.

If anyone has any constructive criticism or finds any errors, I can take it and make sure corrections find their way in future revisions.

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous
posted 12-11-07 06:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
posted 12-12-07 00:00 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
I was reading through my Guide today to find some information on a strategy I was working on and got to thinking, this thing is freaking big! Sure there is a ton of information but takes a long time to scroll on the bottom to get to where you want. In the interest of general gamer laziness I added a table of contents (with descriptions). This table of contents is fully interactive and will take you to the guide of your choice at light speed. You then can click the return right scroll button and go back to the table to navigate. I don’t know why I never thought of this before and why no one has even suggested it. It is very useful!

Also, notice that MNBob (a clan mate) placed a direct link to my Guide on his useful unit database (which pulls directly from proto with no errors and I used extensively during creation). Links to his work are also located in my Guide on the front page links section.

The download and online links remain the same, just a different version number. I deleted the old version so there is no confusion. I also split my “Revolution & Units” worksheet into two separate worksheets, “Revolution Summary” and “Units – Revolution”. This was just to keep things organized and all the unit worksheets together (makes more since with a table of contents), the content is the same.

So if you have not downloaded this free software yet, now is the time. You have nothing to lose, I have a money back guarantee…

And while your at the N3O site, take a look around. You may just find something else you like.

[This message has been edited by Cyclohexane (edited 12-12-2007 @ 00:15 AM).]

posted 01-27-08 10:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
The Guide has just been updated with comments from many websites (same link). See the download history for a review of all changes in this version. CLICK HERE FOR VERSION CHANGES
Enjoy and look for my Unit Comparison Spreadsheet coming soon!

posted 01-28-08 00:11 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12  
I would be lying if I told you I liked the layout, but that isn't the important thing. That is an extremely comprehensive reference chart you made, great work

^^^
posted 01-28-08 12:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
Great!

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 01-28-2008 @ 01:17 PM).]

posted 01-28-08 10:32 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
I would be lying if I told you I liked the layout, but that isn't the important thing. That is an extremely comprehensive reference chart you made, great work
By your comment, I do not think you are familiar with Excel. There are limitations and I spent a lot of time working on the format such as laying out the table of contents and placing everything in alphabetical order. Finding what you are looking for is a snap. There are no extra grids, can print pages easily (pre-formatted), the color scheme is consistent. Can you be more specific? If you do have a good idea, I may implement it in a future patch.

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames