Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RTS Professional
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 04-09-08 09:57 PM EDT (US)   
Hey there,

I've started working on a project called RTS Professional.

Basically, I'll be posting instructional VODs @ RTSP. These will consist of simple instructional how-to's, First Person VODs, replays - all with commentary.

The first VOD up there is a German vs Dutch match-up against Fird. The commentary is a little screwy as it was my first attempt at doing this type of thing; the next bunch that I uploaded are better, both in commentary codec and quality.

New VODs will be posted on a regular basis, so check back often. There is also a forum if you want to suggest VODs or ask questions.

RTSP is not intended as competition to any Age3 fansite, including AoE3H; it simply puts up VODs.

http://www.rtsprofessional.com
Replies:
posted 04-09-08 10:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 29  
Guys, If my opinion means anything, I checked it out, this is a VERY good thing. I love it that I don't have to download the darn thing.

Parafait, you have a very good voice for this.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
posted 04-09-08 10:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 29  
I really liked that.

Can't wait to see more, hope this gets big.

If u played Stronghold u might enjoy this http://www.zshare.net/download/sh-mix-mix-rar.html
posted 04-09-08 10:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 29  
this is exactly what i was looking for!!lol

ESO name: ryan_vball
'i was just in a game vs i think india and he had sepots and something else'- adamh4325
Usually periods are a bit smaller and less yellow, but I'll let it slide this time
"Weed should be illegal, so should tobacco - and alcohol."-some random guy
'And sex, because you might fall off the bed and hurt your ankle.'*GoForGoldenJarls*
posted 04-09-08 11:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 29  
Very solid replay. Classic use of uhlans to harrass and cripple his economy. I hope to see some more involved replays in the future, hopefully on maps that aren't quite as predictable as Orinoco.

I especially like how you FRAPS'd the game while doing the commentary. It makes it more interesting in terms of making the comments be more naturally pertaining to your thought processes at the time.

So if I followed the replay right, your shipment sequence is:

2 wagons
9 crossbows/2 uhlan
3 wagons/2 uhlan
15% cavalry hps/2 uhlan

Is this accurate, or did I miss one?

Finally, I'm curious if you think the market upgrades you got (hunting dogs and gang saw) paid for themselves by the time the game ended. I never got a look at your final villager population, but given the brevity of the game, I'm doubtful you broke even. Of course, you can't predict how long a game will go, so I'm not exactly critical of your choice to plant a market early, but at the stage of the game you upgraded, you're looking at 5 minutes or more to see the payoff from market techs.
posted 04-10-08 01:18 AM EDT (US)     5 / 29  
This sort of commentary is by far the most valuable kind. When someone is merely looking back on an earlier replay, they often can't remember why they did what they did or even exactly what happened, but when you provide a live report on the situation, it is very easy for players to understand your mindset and strategy as it unfolds.

This lets them learn to make similar (read: successful) decisions themselves!

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 04-10-08 10:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 29  
Thanks Parfait, this is great!

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 04-10-08 12:34 PM EDT (US)     7 / 29  
Fantastic. If there was any doubt at all to who my favourite expert was, I think it's fair to say you just squashed it

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
posted 04-10-08 12:36 PM EDT (US)     8 / 29  
It';s almost scary how fast you guys are.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 04-10-08 01:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 29  
Have you gone to game replays to show them? I think they would appreciate it.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago

[This message has been edited by Sir Snoopy (edited 04-10-2008 @ 01:29 PM).]

posted 04-10-08 01:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 29  
Very interesting and helpful. I watched the WC ones as well; loved it.

Great job, hope to see more, especially AoE ones!
posted 04-10-08 02:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 29  
Meh. I find Warcraft III to be terribly dull, and sadly the commented replays are no exception. While the heavy emphasis on creeping keeps you busy during the early game, that feature is offset by the town portal scroll, which turns every early skirmish into an indecisive clash of little import.

With easily accessible teleportation negating the efficacy of maneuver and a braindead economic model gutting the complexity of logistics, there's just not much strategy left in the game, and all that remains is a frantic micro fest, and to be honest, there are far more entertaining twitch games out there.
posted 04-10-08 04:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 29  
thats a bit harsh to be honest i though it was a great game and taught me loads and u can never be to good to not learn something new#

scorp
posted 04-10-08 04:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 29  
Not saying I like WC3 a lot, but I love watching movies while hearing commentary. It's so nice to hear people talk about tactics and explaining what they do. Since I recently started playing AoE, I would love to see some more strategies for them.
posted 04-10-08 08:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 29  
You rock Parfait ill second what Lord Patrick said. Hope to see more AOE video commentarys up soon.

Eso: Danno527
Favorite Civs: French, Irosquis, Germans
posted 04-10-08 08:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 29  
i keep getting 'this video is currently unavaible'

how do i fix this?

ESO name: ryan_vball
'i was just in a game vs i think india and he had sepots and something else'- adamh4325
Usually periods are a bit smaller and less yellow, but I'll let it slide this time
"Weed should be illegal, so should tobacco - and alcohol."-some random guy
'And sex, because you might fall off the bed and hurt your ankle.'*GoForGoldenJarls*
posted 04-10-08 09:07 PM EDT (US)     16 / 29  
great job, now i can finally watch vids of life games

"In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity." -Winston Churchill

ESO:mjsnyder
Play:TAD
Civ: Spanish
posted 04-10-08 09:45 PM EDT (US)     17 / 29  
Absolutely amazing, this tool should be used by anyone looking to play better. Great Commentating!

Look Forward to seeing more!

׺°˜`°º×RealityFatality׺°˜`°º×
"So, what do you guys think? What's theverdict? OP, or do I need to stop smoking crack?"
"I don't have hard drives. I just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers"

[This message has been edited by Kiverly Spears (edited 18-12-2008 @ 9:21 PM).]
posted 04-11-08 02:32 AM EDT (US)     18 / 29  
This was great. I'm really looking forward to your next videos.
posted 04-11-08 10:44 AM EDT (US)     19 / 29  
nice

first replay i watched with commentary

sad that the quality of the replay is alot worse than if you watch ii in aoe

hope there is more of this comming and with other civs
posted 04-11-08 11:00 AM EDT (US)     20 / 29  
Very good idea! Hope there is going to be more!!

(No offense you described well, but sometimes the american slang wasnt easy to understand for me :P)
posted 04-11-08 03:09 PM EDT (US)     21 / 29  
You know what I find amazing? The way it responded to his commands as soon as he clicked it. It was like he was playing against the computer.
posted 04-12-08 06:49 PM EDT (US)     22 / 29  
Exactly what I'm sure many of us have needed all along. You can watch a silent replay, but you don't know why they do what they do. With immediate narration, it's great, especially if they make mistakes and have to recover.

Bravo! Looking forward to a lot more!
posted 04-13-08 01:23 PM EDT (US)     23 / 29  
Ok; this thing is freakin awesome.

Parfait is the best.

ESO= AceOfKings
Current: AOE3 TAD
posted 04-13-08 01:47 PM EDT (US)     24 / 29  
Hmm, for me, it got me back into the game, showing how to be controlled agressive, and giving an insight in how pro's think and deduce. Thumbs up!
posted 04-15-08 10:37 PM EDT (US)     25 / 29  
Theres a new video on the same page about espionage!

Rushing With France
the french ar general an bad civ. bcause they know what the enemy can do!
as an french u must luck that u have more crossbows then pikes. pikes ar only for buildings or cav. the deck should have in 3 hussars. thats the way to winning! a nother good card is 700 wood and 700 food. have fun by capture the enemy -Loessli
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » RTS Professional
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames