You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Potential new easter egg discovery?
posted 05-01-08 12:43 PM EDT (US)   
Never mind, this was me being idiotic having never played Plymouth, mixing it up with New England and thinking it was very strange. I'll leave the original post below so you can have a good laugh at my stupidity:

I'm taking a break from analysing things to tell you about something very, very strange that recently occurred while I was playing AOE3. I was playing singleplayer (I can't play multiplayer because my internet is useless and I'm too newbish ) with a dutch HC on New England. When the map loaded, as well as my villagers, explorer and envoy I had a thanksgiving table sitting around which were 6 villager-like "pilgrims" and an "intrepid turkey scout".

[img=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7488/pscreen6oq3.th.jpg][/img]

Unfortunately by the time I saved they had already finished and got up.

I was curious, and so investigated further. The map was just like a normal New England map (with Huron trading posts, etc.), except:

- I started with this bunch of characters:

[img=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4189/pscreen8vf5.th.jpg][/img]

- All treasures on the map (except for a couple of "rescue-a-pilgrim trees" by my opponents base) were food treasures and one of these two shapes:

[img=http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4848/pscreen9uz9.th.jpg][/img]

- The island looked like this:

[img=http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2074/pscreen10ig4.th.jpg][/img]

Hopefully that's enough proof that I'm not completely insane. If you've ever seen this before, want more details/screenshots (I saved the game and can still access it) or want to tell me to lay off the LSD post here.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 05-01-2008 @ 03:46 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-01-08 12:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Yeah, that's the Plymouth map. I hate it, so I only play Standard Maps or Large Maps.
posted 05-01-08 01:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
Plymouth is good for plant spamming. That is all its good for.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 05-01-08 01:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
It's also good for Sioux or France native warrior laming where you get 120 Huron mantlets and full pit siege. They wipe your opponents off the map like windex. Also, you can fishboom so your gold status looks a lot rosier. Alsoalso, pilgrims don't count as villagers so you can have 56 vills as Dutch, 81 as Japanese, etc.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 05-01-08 03:43 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
Oops. I'd never played Plymouth before, and thought that because of the turkey scout, very strange treasures and very close similarity to New England it was some sort of easter egg. My bad.

As I understand it, threads can be closed at the author's request. If that is indeed the case, then could the moderators please close this. I don't mind people laughing at my newbness, but I'd rather not be responsible for pages of "OMG u f-ing idiot, STFU and go back to preskul."

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 05-01-2008 @ 04:25 PM).]

posted 05-01-08 05:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
OMG u f-ing idiot, ST...

Eh... Never mind.

[This message has been edited by Silophant (edited 05-01-2008 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 05-01-08 05:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
*CLOSED*

Wait im not a mod..

*James jumps in and locks the topic*

[This message has been edited by JimXIX (edited 05-01-2008 @ 07:51 PM).]

posted 05-01-08 09:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
Closed due to request from author as well as general off topicness of the thread.

also @ silophant- dont try to bypass the swear filter and calm down a bit. Theres no need to be mean about a simple mistake.

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Potential new easter egg discovery?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames