Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Interviews with Experts - Part 4 - NaturePhoenix
posted 05-31-08 12:48 PM EDT (US)   
NaturePhoenix is currently the best AoE player, the only competition is between him and iamgrunt! NP is currently on a 24 game winning streak. He plays the british civilization.

Myll_Erik-Whats your normal week like? (Gaming Wise)

NP- I go to the university 3 times a week, and I get out late (finishing 8 pm) so my gaming happens most of those other four days. There can also be a couple of days where I’m not playing at all, so my schedule can be screwed up a bit.

Myll_Erik-If you could change two things about AoE3 what would they be?

NP- Adjust the counter system even more, but also adjust for any consequences that might result from it. Change all the useless cards to actually make a lot of them useful. This game would be way more fun when every card is somewhat useful.

Myll_Erik-Thoughts of the patch?

NP- Best patch we’ve ever had - Hopefully the next one will be even better 

Myll_Erik-Favorite Post patch civ/why?

NP- Brits are always the sexiest I’m playing some Spain lately as well, and I’m doing lots of different things, so I really feel comfortable playing them.

Myll_Erik-What would you say holds most people back? (From getting to the top tiers - col and above)

NP- Things like hotkeys and the ability, to make more things at the same time.

Myll_Erik-How about a tip to help people out? (Just something that might not be widely known or commonly used.)

NP- Don’t be too shy to try out new things, you will be rewarded for it, even when you might get "lamed" a few times.

Myll_Erik-What do you think about SC2? Its implications on AoE?

NP- SC2 will be a really great game. There might be some new things implemented which make it easier to master than SC1, but everyone who likes RTS will buy this game.
ES never tried to make AoE SC-like, therefore they are just interested in the wrong group of customers.

Myll_Erik-What other games do you play? Console or PC?

NP- nothing besides AoE atm, not enough time for it and other way more important priorities.

Myll_Erik-WCG 2008? Your thoughts - Predict the finals!

NP- Eh, it’s in Germany, in the eSport country itself! It will be fruiting awesome
Finals prediction: Same like last year, again with Grunt coming out on Top.

Myll_Erik-What about AoE4? Halo Wars?

NP- AoE4 as long as it’s not in a modern time - yes for sure.
Halo Wars - no, consoles suck.

Myll_Erik-What would you want AoE4 to be?

NP- Definitely a game in either the same Age of AoE2 or AoE3. Just hopefully not in time of the WWs.

Myll_Erik-Who’s your biggest rival? Why?

NP- I don’t really have a biggest rival tbh. There are a few guys which beat me constantly and a bunch of guys I dislike out there. That’s it.

Myll_Erik-Tell us about your clan -

NP- SkWzZ - rox. www.faculty.de-rox.

Favorite map? Saguenay
Favorite HC card? Chinese age4 ckn/pike
Favorite unit? Longbow
Favorite mercenary? Highlander
Favorite Strategy? Let me boom alone til 100vills @ min 12 :P
Favorite TV show? Stargate
Favorite drink? Ice Tea
Favorite food? Döner/Milchreis (cant really say it in english )
Favorite movie? Beverly Hills Cop !!!!
Favorite color? Green
Favorite sport (practice and watching) and athlete? Tabletennis since im playing it myself
Favorite song/band/singer? Nightwish - Ghost Love score.

Myll_Erik-What is your ideal life? Job?

NP- You will never find an ideal life - just a life you will be happy with 
Job - something around geography, for which I’m studying.

Myll_Erik-Oktoberfest - is it really all its cracked up to be?

NP- I’ve never been there tbh. Here in Stuttgart we have our own, the Cannstatter Wasen. I don’t like Bavarians anyway :P

Myll_Erik-Italian food or Chinese?

NP- Love both, can’t decide. I love the soup our local Chinese restaurants make here though !

Myll_Erik-Do you have any pre-game routine?

NP- All I can say is Ourk warms his hands up before he plays :P I’m not doing weird stuff like that. 

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Replies:
posted 05-31-08 01:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14  
awesome

get one with grunt next lmao
Myll_Erik-WCG 2008? Your thoughts - Predict the finals!

NP- Eh, it’s in Germany, in the eSport country itself! It will be fruiting awesome
Finals prediction: Same like last year, again with Grunt coming out on Top.
i think nature is going to take it this year even though grunt may be a better player.

ESO name: ryan_vball
'i was just in a game vs i think india and he had sepots and something else'- adamh4325
Usually periods are a bit smaller and less yellow, but I'll let it slide this time
"Weed should be illegal, so should tobacco - and alcohol."-some random guy
'And sex, because you might fall off the bed and hurt your ankle.'*GoForGoldenJarls*

[This message has been edited by live hard (edited 05-31-2008 @ 01:32 PM).]

posted 06-02-08 05:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14  
Nice interview

FFA Fun Series - Spring/Summer 07 winner
posted 06-02-08 08:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14  
I'll post what I put in the other thread here;

You should do interviews with our forumers Although that would've been much better when Ender, beatnik joe, and walker were here. You new people all SUCK!

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 06-02-08 09:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14  
Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the life at the top, guys!
consoles suck.
Amen to that.
ES never tried to make AoE SC-like, therefore they are just interested in the wrong group of customers.
I think there's a lot of overlap. People love SC, and still look forward to SC2, but many also like AOE3 and will keep playing it because they've invested a lot of time and effort into it, just like they did with SC and AoK.

Of course SC is not saddled with the challenge of trying to be historically accurate while balancing 14 civs. It's a cleaner, smoother, baggage-free RTS. But historical content brings a lot of nerds to ES' yard. The challenge of microing 4 different resources (now 5) appeals to some people more than just two.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 06-02-08 11:12 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14  
Yeah Beverly Hills Cop FTW!!!
posted 06-02-08 11:41 AM EDT (US)     6 / 14  
@ CookieCrisp13 (Off-topic):

Did you get my email about the thread? I understand if you had no major comment to make, but I haven't yet recieved a reply so I assume you haven't read the email. Would you mind taking a look at it? Don't worry, it's not another sticky suggestion. Well, not exactly...

@ Everyone else:

I am very sorry for posting off-topic but could think of no better way to inform CookieCrisp13. Take no notice of this post.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
posted 06-02-08 11:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14  
It will be fruiting awesome
AgeSanc word filter - owning NP since 2004.

AoE3 Heaven cherub
AgeSanctuary administrator
NerVe Clan member
posted 06-02-08 01:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14  
pffft I could beat NP anytime

*cough* in my dreams *cough* :P.
posted 06-02-08 02:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14  
AgeSanc word filter - owning NP since 2004.
Shut the fruit up Kermit
posted 06-02-08 03:25 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14  
Aye - I thought about mentioning that - but I found it a bit amusing. :P

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
posted 06-03-08 04:31 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14  
I wont take out a bet on Np or iamgrunt just yet.... I could lose my money easily either way.
posted 06-03-08 04:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14  
@ CookieCrisp13 (Off-topic):

Did you get my email about the thread? I understand if you had no major comment to make, but I haven't yet recieved a reply so I assume you haven't read the email. Would you mind taking a look at it? Don't worry, it's not another sticky suggestion. Well, not exactly...

@ Everyone else:

I am very sorry for posting off-topic twice but could think of no better way to inform CookieCrisp13. Take no notice of this or the previous post.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 06-03-2008 @ 04:12 PM).]

posted 06-03-08 06:01 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14  
Giskard - send me an e-mail and I'll look into whatever your problem/question is.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
posted 06-04-08 12:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14  
You should do interviews with our forumers Although that would've been much better when Ender, beatnik joe, and walker were here.
+1 on the BeatnikJoe interview. He's still alive, although somewhat ancient and slow these days. If you type really slowly, he can probably still keep up.

I have no clue where Ender's particular pathology has led him.

[This message has been edited by Septimus2 (edited 06-04-2008 @ 12:56 PM).]

Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Interviews with Experts - Part 4 - NaturePhoenix
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames