Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Random Map Editor: Capybara 1.4
posted 07-28-08 03:12 PM EDT (US)   

Capybara is a free application for editing random maps. Whenever I wanted to go and play on ESO and wanted a custom random map, it would mean digging through multiple folders and editing XML files that didn't really make sense. As a result of this, I created Capybara to solve such problems, which I am delighted to release today.

Capybara arranges all your maps into a manageable list, from there you can begin customizing them. Before, choosing a suitable icon would have meant extracting directories from existing maps and guessing possible files, now you can assign a symbol from an extensive and tested array.

Capybara converts all complicated XML code into readable content, and then converts it back into code when you save the file which you have chosen to edit. Capybara works every time and produces results without any programming knowledge.

Included is a regularly updated list of popular maps and documentation.

In a nutshell, Capybara allows you to modify maps, choose new icons, backgrounds, credits and the name quickly and conveniently for free!

Get Capybara Now!

[This message has been edited by WillT99 (edited 07-28-2008 @ 03:13 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-28-08 04:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Welcome to Age of Empires 3 Heaven, WillT99! (Although it seems that you've been here before under a different account. Why have you made another one?)

Your random map tool sounds great, but you might want to be careful as, particularly for your first post, it looks a little like advertising (which is prohibited here). Still, good work!

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 07-29-2008 @ 06:13 AM).]

posted 07-28-08 05:46 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
Looks cool. How long did you work on this?
posted 07-28-08 10:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
posted 07-29-08 05:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
Hi, your right, I'm not that new. Capybara 1.3, the preceding version, was in my opinion a complete failure. That's why I am so eager for this new version (1.4) to prevail, I have been working on Capybara for over a week now and tested it thoroughly.

Giskard, I forgot the password for my old account and have switched emails along time ago, it would have meant paying for a service again simply to retrieve one email.

[This message has been edited by WillT99 (edited 07-29-2008 @ 05:25 PM).]

posted 11-21-08 06:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
What is tis supposed to do? The way that you talk about it, you made me think that you can program an entire map.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Random Map Editor: Capybara 1.4
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames