General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: online people vanilla and TWC
posted 10-26-08 10:06 AM EDT (US)   
After a year I want to play aoe back

but i dont have TAD, so im guessing howmany people are online at vanilla and TWC. So that you can have a oppenement who is equeal strong (or weak:P) as me. I was a lvl34 but not now anymore because i haven't play it for a year or something
Replies:
posted 10-26-08 10:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
Don't play on TWC, there arn't many people on it. Either buy TAD or still to the original. It is quite easy to get a game I find.
posted 10-26-08 10:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Rather play vanilla or TAD+TWC. There are always around 2000+ people on, but on vanilla, there are many more "nr" games than on TAD, where there are many more regular games.
posted 10-26-08 10:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
i find that nr games sucks, because i like to rush

So then i will stick to vanilla
posted 10-26-08 02:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
I think you missunderstood. TAD= Rush Vanilla=No rush. TWC=noone plays.
posted 10-26-08 02:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
there are plenty of people playing "rush" games on vanilla, but most of them are on Quick Search.

Made completely of win.
posted 10-26-08 09:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 17  
Really? Well, if you don't use quick search, you'll find that the games that are hosted are 80% nr games, 15% regular games, 4.9% scenerios, and 0.1% FFAs. No one plays ffas on vanilla
posted 10-26-08 09:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
I swear, FFAs are the new NR in TAD. Some of my friends play exclusively FFA (probably to stop their pr from dropping lol)
posted 10-26-08 11:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
Atm there are 4 nr games and 11 rush on vanilla.
posted 10-27-08 00:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
@whitetiger
People still play rush games on nilla.
Its just that there are more conscripts than say leutenants or MS.

If you ever wanna play a rush game add me up on eso.
Names on sig

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
posted 10-27-08 07:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
I've been playing vanilla recently and didn't have problems getting games. At first I used to host 1v1 games myself, I rarely had to wait long.
Now I'm mostly using quick search, which once again hardly takes more than half a minute to get a game. I had some pretty good games there, too; several players of 1900+ and even some 2100s in there.

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago, you can check that one for some more HG players in vanilla. When you see me (Thrar) online we can play a game, too.
posted 10-27-08 01:21 PM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
I need some practice now before i can even match you guys

now im a noob, my micro'ing sucks. But im training:P

but i have used quicksearch, and in 30 sec i got a game and even better, there are more people playing now than a year ago, atleast when i played it. 3300 now online against about 2500 a year ago.
posted 10-27-08 07:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
Lucky, I get the failed to join game thing a lot, so it's hard to join some of the games, especially fellow forumers/friends games.

I think TAD has an overall less amount of games, but an overall more regular games, and more experienced players. From my point of view, the people on TAD are slightly better than the people on vanilla (not sure about higher ranked people though, but most high ranked players are on TAD).
posted 10-28-08 01:43 AM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
I think TAD has an overall less amount of games, but an overall more regular games, and more experienced players. From my point of view, the people on TAD are slightly better than the people on vanilla (not sure about higher ranked people though, but most high ranked players are on TAD).
Your right there. All the experts play TAD.

I prefer TAD, mainly because it is just newer.

Although, you can still play VANILLA and just do QS.

But, don't do QS on TAD, unless you want your opponents to be in this order: Japan, India, Japan, Japan, Japan, India, India, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan, Germany, India, Germany, Aztec, India, Japan, Japan, Japan.

QS on TAD is full of lamers.

So, TAD is good, but, if you don't have it just try QS on Vanilla.

Don't play TWC as you'll hardly get any games.
posted 10-28-08 02:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
The Warchiefs community appears to be non-existent, which is really quite lame since I want to use the three extra civs, but I can't find TAD anywhere.

There are a few Rush games on AOE3 but I think NR are more common. On the off chance you find a FFA, be HAPPY!

There's also a lot of Lost, occasionally an Earth map and lots of cats and mice/mice vs mice games.

At least you don't have to worry about Japan/India lamers on the original, the civs are kinda somewhat a little bit balanced.
posted 10-28-08 04:32 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
Just watch out for the occasional IOR. Be sure you know how to defeat jan rushes.
posted 10-29-08 02:25 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
I just purchased TAD yesterday, so I have not really had a chance to look at it. I play Vanilla on a regular basis and I never have trouble finding a rush game at all. In fact, I see more rush games on Vanilla then I see NR games.

Off Topic - I have only had this game since July of 08. So anyone willing to help me with TAD, that would be great. I am a Sgt. Level 15. Does that even carry over into TAD, or do I start as a conscript again?
posted 10-29-08 08:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
You have to start over as a conscript again Oh well, have fun killing some noobs! Lol.
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » online people vanilla and TWC
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames