Bottom
Topic Subject: Forum Party! 29th of November
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-22-08 01:44 PM EDT (US)   
It's forum party time!

Place: Age of Empires III Heaven Forum Party - Chat Lobby on ESO2
Date: Saturday 29th of November & Sunday 30th of November
Time:
1st party: 4am EST/9AM GMT (check your local time)
2nd party: 12PM EST/5PM GMT (check your local time)
3rd party: 7PM EST/12am GMT (check your local time)

The theme for this party is Free For All. Feel free to think up your own ideas for themes and suggest them at the party!

The games and the chat room will have a password. This week (weekend of 11/08) It will be aoe3hrox

NOTE: If you arrive and no one has created the chat room, PLEASE make one and call it "Age of Empires III Heaven Forum Party."
Every Saturday and Sunday there will be a hosted forum party room, such as "HG Forum Party". We normally choose a theme for the week, such as water maps, no crate cards, no military shipments, a specific map, or other conjoined themes.

The password will be aoe3hrox.

I hope you guys can improve from watching us, playing with us, and more! Post your opinions!

For those of you who dont know, observer maps work like so; The top two slots are the 1v1ers, and everyone else (up to 6 can observe) are below. Set the game on FFA. The scenario cuts out everyone else but the 2 players, leading to (up to) 6 observers watching two people battle it out as if they were watching from a resigned position.

On a final note, I know there is a sticky topic for this, but for those of you that don't read stickies or the front page, hopefully this will be a little more obvious

You'll remember that four (!) hour game against that crazy Russian that wouldn't give up, not realizing he was playing someone who in real life actually is a crazy Russian, that won't give up either. - Ender_Ward

[This message has been edited by JimXIX (edited 11-29-2008 @ 12:07 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-22-08 03:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 46  
Hey, I'll news this...By coping your bb code word for word.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
posted 11-23-08 08:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 46  
Oh Goodie. I hope someone actually turns up for it. :P

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
posted 11-23-08 11:39 AM EDT (US)     3 / 46  
cheese and Jim, can we get a gallery set up for this weekend's party so those of us who have funny/amazing screenies for the party, can put them up?

I think one of the single biggest factors in party participation is the community Kodak moment.

2 TOWERS: 500 WOOD
3 FALCS: 300 WOOD, 1200 COIN
SINKING KIVLOV'S CONVOY OF BACKDOOR OPRICHNIK TRANSPORTS: PRICELESS.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 11-23-2008 @ 11:39 AM).]

posted 11-23-08 02:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 46  
could we maybe turn this into like the FFA compitition that happened before?
posted 11-24-08 01:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 46  
I think one of the single biggest factors in party participation is the community Kodak moment.

2 TOWERS: 500 WOOD
3 FALCS: 300 WOOD, 1200 COIN
SINKING KIVLOV'S CONVOY OF BACKDOOR OPRICHNIK TRANSPORTS: PRICELESS.
Haha. Good one. I bet that would of pissed off Kivlov.
posted 11-24-08 03:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 46  
James is the second one 10am on Sunday for us?

ESO NAME: UGMO
I AM USING: TAD
I AM PLAYING: The Aztecs, British and Russians
.oO James246: Well, you wouldn't be able to sigg any dumb things I say, because I don't say them. :P Oo.
posted 11-24-08 03:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 46  
Haha. Good one. I bet that would of pissed off Kivlov.
I've yet to have anyone put a stop to it my shenanigans with Oprichniks and Caravels.

I'll try to make it to them but 10am is pushing it If I don't make the first one, I'll be there for the 2nd one, but even if I do make the first, I'll be there for both.

I expect you folks to be there!

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
posted 11-24-08 05:48 AM EDT (US)     8 / 46  
James is the second one 10am on Sunday for us?
Hmm...
2nd party: 8PM EST/12am GMT
So, we're GTM+10. So, do we go 12am + 10 = 10am on Sunday?

I guess it is 10am Sunday.. Damn. I'm hardly ever on then! I'll try!

A suggestion for next time:

Make a Party at around 9-11AM GMT, which is about 7-9pm in Australia, which would finally suit us!
posted 11-24-08 06:10 AM EDT (US)     9 / 46  
Make a Party at around 9-11AM GMT, which is about 7-9pm in Australia, which would finally suit us!
Which is around 1-4am for North Americans

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-24-2008 @ 06:14 AM).]

posted 11-24-08 07:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 46  
EST is the same as EDT right? I'm confused about that...

Get on like Marneus James, wake up early or something!
posted 11-24-08 11:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 46  
Yeah! The whole 4 Australians that play this game!

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
posted 11-24-08 05:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 46  
I love parties
posted 11-25-08 01:06 AM EDT (US)     13 / 46  
Make it 5 Aussies,

So uh, I tried to read through it but it confused me immenseley, could someone just say if the time/date is actually this Sunday at 10am?

And will there be actual FFA's or only those Obs maps?
posted 11-25-08 01:21 AM EDT (US)     14 / 46  
Which is around 1-4am for North Americans
And? At last us Australians would be able to join you.
Get on like Marneus James, wake up early or something!
Yeh, fully. Why'd I play AOE in the morning? I'm not that addicted. Also, the 1st Party is 2am..... I'm not that addicted either.
Yeah! The whole 4 Australians that play this game!
Dude, more than 4 Australians play AOE3... Seriously.

It's just, we don't get McDonalds delivered to our front door step, (like you Americans) so, we have to go out and get it, which is why all of us are not on at the same time.

Pffttt. Seriously. Too many Americans play Video Games. And they fill up all the forums, and make the forum parties to suit them, so us normal people don't get to go on.

Oh, I understand why you don't host these game times at Australian Hours. It's because your all racist! *Evil Stare*
posted 11-25-08 07:10 AM EDT (US)     15 / 46  
But I don't eat fast food! -cry-

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
posted 11-25-08 07:38 AM EDT (US)     16 / 46  
James i agree. The world is taken over by American burgers.Oh and u need to send the Mcdonalds is your Friend card from your HC, Sydney, to get fast food straight to your door. 8-)

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON

[This message has been edited by ImperialLobster (edited 11-25-2008 @ 07:39 AM).]

posted 11-29-08 12:00 PM EDT (US)     17 / 46  
It's time for the first party

And by the way James I am English. :P

But suit yourself, I'll put in a 3rd party time, judging by the turnout at the other parties though I doubt many will show up :P

You'll remember that four (!) hour game against that crazy Russian that wouldn't give up, not realizing he was playing someone who in real life actually is a crazy Russian, that won't give up either. - Ender_Ward

[This message has been edited by JimXIX (edited 11-29-2008 @ 12:03 PM).]

posted 11-29-08 04:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 46  
The Team Vegemite card is OP. That is why we don't want Aussies to play in forum parties.

HEY mods: I have screenies from one of our FFAs today, and I think Arcane or Imperial Lobster recorded it. So if you have a gallery set up for this weekend, we can put some highlights in it. Like the fact that out of 4 people none of us could cooperate with one another long enough to keep Jim from getting a trade monopoly WTFFFF

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 11-29-08 09:01 PM EDT (US)     19 / 46  
I think I won.

posted 11-29-08 10:56 PM EDT (US)     20 / 46  
Oh piffle. Only nubs ever send Whale Oil.

*wishes sioux got that card dammit*

Next forum party will coincide with final exams for many of us. if you want to move it up one weekend, it will fall on the 20th and 21st December, probably more people will come.

Next party theme suggestions:

CSO again (Quebec and Khyber Pass have both been fixed; I also have the Cream Pie series)

Nomad Starts

Amateur Night (team games where each team must have at least one player with PR 15 or less)

Team Deck Night (each player should make a deck beforehand, using as many team shipments as they can cram in there, minimum 3, yes some will be crappy, OH BOY TEAM COLD WATER PORTS.)

LoSt (yes it's a dumb map but it's different and hilariously strategy-bending)

Custom maps in general: Gandalf, Johnny Deppig, Dany Plante.

UNKNOWN maps, because who doesn't like having the Klamath and the Sufi on the same map.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
posted 11-30-08 03:37 AM EDT (US)     21 / 46  
I was there at the 2nd party, and only Kivlov was there. I stayed until the time the party should of started, but, no one else was there, so, I left.
posted 11-30-08 07:20 AM EDT (US)     22 / 46  
Yeah, you left like 30 seconds before Jimi logged on and a bunch of other people rolled into the chat.
And? At last us Australians would be able to join you.
We're generally sleeping at that time. The 2nd party (7pm EST) is at 11am your time, it's a time North Americans and Australians line up on. Just because you refuse to get up at 11am doesn't mean everyone else should stay up late into the night.

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-30-2008 @ 07:27 AM).]

posted 11-30-08 07:56 AM EDT (US)     23 / 46  
lol i only had 1 game- 4 player FFA. that was with the damned OP Jim, me, crunkatog and arcane. arcane lamed japs and i tried germans, which i am nooby at. and crunk just rode round the map with axe riders and murdered ppl, while Jim had walled off the trade route and did a monopoly.
it was arcane that recorded it.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
posted 11-30-08 11:14 AM EDT (US)     24 / 46  
and crunk just rode round the map with axe riders and murdered ppl
I did that once. Got 49 Axe Riders and Upgraded them as most as I could in Fortress, turned on siege dance, and rode around shouting 'GET OFF OUR LAND, WHITE MEN. THE SIOUX ARE FREE THE SIOUX ARE FREE'. I'd go around sieging factories, town centers, houses, heck, anything really. Was fun. =D
posted 11-30-08 11:35 AM EDT (US)     25 / 46  
when sioux is played right its devastating.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Forum Party! 29th of November
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames