Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: My Problem
posted 01-09-09 03:21 PM EDT (US)   
Although I wouldn't have liked my first post here to be like this, it can't be helped so anyway, here goes.

Basically, earlier today whilst I was on ESO, some guy started a "whisper" to me and told me that I have a virus, at first I thought that he was talking rubbish, and i left ESO for a break. However, when I returned on about half an hour later, he started up the conversation with me again, but the only difference was that this time there was another name in the conversation marked "ESO:" as the account name and this name was in white rather than the usual orangy colour that names normally are displayed in, in whisper mode. This lead me to believe that he was some kind of MOD. ESO: said that if I didn't give him my password my account would be blocked for sporting a virus. So, after much deliberation between me and my friend, I decided to give him the information (probably a stupid idea) at which point he said that he would fix the problem for me. Later when i finished playing a game it logged me out and wouldn't let me back in as it said my account password was wrong. So it's likely my password was changed.

I have tried to retrieve my password from the ESO site with no luck however as the only send me an E-mail with a bad link saying the page cannot be displayed when I fill out their information.

So I have come down to the possible conclusions that I either: have been had by a bunch of sad account stealing retards, or they are actually dealing with the virus by preventing me from logging in. However, I am not stupid and realise that I have probably been had.

So I was just wondering has anyone else had the same problem? Or does anyone know of anything I can do, because I am probably going to have to go to the shops tomorrow to buy a new disc now and start a new account.

Anyway, thanks for reading and any tips would be appreatiated.
Thanks MightMoomin

[This message has been edited by MightyMoomin (edited 01-09-2009 @ 03:33 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-09-09 03:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24  
U've been had, u can fake the white name by adding alot of spaces forcing it to the other line. Also even if u had a virus someone can't fix if they had your pass, it would be on your comp

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Some of my aoe3 scenarios here,
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
我知廣東話, 你知唔知廣東話?? 如果你知 contact me !!

[This message has been edited by KevTheGreat (edited 01-09-2009 @ 03:57 PM).]

posted 01-09-09 03:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24  
yes,...

you were tricked...
posted 01-09-09 04:56 PM EDT (US)     3 / 24  
Thanks for the info. Yeah I knew I shouldn't had done it, I mean what kind of moron gives out their password, but oh well i'll learn from it and move on. However, if they don't have my disc ID then surely I can get it back thorugh ESO's site thing by typing in the product code and ID number?

It seems a new copy beckons

[This message has been edited by MightyMoomin (edited 01-09-2009 @ 05:12 PM).]

posted 01-09-09 05:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24  
If you email ES at one of their help addresses they may be able to help you if you still have your product code.

This month I have mostly been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild
Steam - Maffia GFWL - Maffia01 YouTube - HGMaffia Twitter - @HGMaffia
Age of Empires 3 Heaven Seraph

What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
[This message hasn't been edited by fred_ernie (or Maffia) (not edited 12-29-2005 @ 09:57 AM).]
posted 01-09-09 05:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24  
just remember to never give out your pass, it even says so on the front page of eso...

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Some of my aoe3 scenarios here,
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
我知廣東話, 你知唔知廣東話?? 如果你知 contact me !!
posted 01-09-09 06:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24  
And the ESO speaker was in white instead of yellow becuase this other guy was spacing his talking untill the next line, where he then would add the ESO: and whatever he wanted to say. ESO most likly also appeared to be written at the same time as whatever this whisperer said. ES staff members will never ask for your password. Sorry 'bout your account, though. That sucks

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)

[This message has been edited by FenrisWulf (edited 01-09-2009 @ 06:01 PM).]

posted 01-09-09 06:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24  
Yup it does suck however it's entirely my fault so i'll accept the responsibility because i effectively lost myself £20 through my brainless actions.
posted 01-09-09 06:56 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24  
yeah it's a trick that idiots often do to annoy or scare people

ex:

CrazyLunatic: kivlovs' grenadier rush sucks. (bunch of spaces)
ESO: give me your password

you get the point. Anyway email the people and they'll hopefully get your account retrieved. Also report the username of the asshole so he might get banned.

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 01-09-2009 @ 06:58 PM).]

posted 01-10-09 05:10 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24  
Ok will do thanks for the advice. On a name and shame bases if anyone sees him online be sure to give him abuse. His name was "(name censored)" and yes i think i should be able to get it back.

[This message has been edited by CookieCrisp13 (edited 01-12-2009 @ 03:23 PM).]

posted 01-10-09 08:29 AM EDT (US)     10 / 24  
Most people have mentioned everything that you need to do. I would just say though, that ES people will have that [ESO] clan name, and their name will be blue (I think). Also, there are only a coupe that go on now, so you'll be hard pressed to see them. If you get into a conversation with them, they won't EVER EVER ask for your pass. If somebody asks for your pass, pest and report them.

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 01-10-2009 @ 08:30 AM).]

posted 01-10-09 05:18 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24  
posted 01-11-09 07:44 AM EDT (US)     12 / 24  
xentelian said: "https://esoaccounts.agecommunity.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/AccountManagement/Default.aspx

should give you the information you need to get your account fixed"

I have tried that, however, the retard has changed the E-mail address that the request gets sent to, so unfortunately I am now screwed for my idiocy and have ordered a new disc now so thanks for everones help anyway.
posted 01-11-09 08:20 AM EDT (US)     13 / 24  
You learn from your mistakes
posted 01-11-09 10:30 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24  
Lol, new ottoman avatar James. Okay, so, to quote put [3quote3] and [3/quote3] (remove 3s). Check out the bb-coding at the original heavengames website
posted 01-11-09 09:37 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24  
Okay, so, to quote put [3quote3] and [3/quote3] (remove 3s). Check out the bb-coding at the original heavengames website
Huh? Who asked how to quote?
posted 01-12-09 08:51 AM EDT (US)     16 / 24  
password stealing retrads are getting common i was too tryed to be tricked yet i wasent fooled
posted 01-12-09 11:18 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24  
I've seen (please, as obvious as they are, dont post cheating/etc names) online... he is major, but that doesnt mean anything if he steals accounts

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games

[This message has been edited by CookieCrisp13 (edited 01-12-2009 @ 03:24 PM).]

posted 02-04-09 12:15 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24  
Sorry to revive this old thread :s, but just to update you guys, after a month or so of bombarding ES with E-mails they finally managed to get the picture and realise my problem. Through my sheer grit and unwillingness to give up I have managed to get my account back! So I'd like to once again thank all you guys for your help, and i'll make sure I won't be so stupid in the future The guy has also left a couple of fairly decent home cities on, and so I should be up and running again soon.
posted 02-04-09 01:34 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24  
Wow im surprised they actually got it back for you, after all they have stopped caring about the aoe community and Lethe is leaving after all.

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
posted 02-04-09 01:37 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24  
Congrats MightyMoomin!

Pears: ok i downloaded a few scenerios and it says place the mp3 folders in the "sound" folder but i cant find the sound folder any where please help!
Elpea: Your sound folder is right next to your fart sounds folder.
posted 02-04-09 03:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24  
Anyone can make there name look like esos so you were fooled and your account has been stolen and the password changed.
posted 02-04-09 05:25 PM EDT (US)     22 / 24  
SWEET
Hahahah shows them damned account stealin bastards right
Ugh it really pisses me off to hear about hackers and stealers and all that crap, honestly its a freakin game and they need to get a life instead of hacking game codes and programs just to win.
Happy to hear you got your account back though!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
posted 02-04-09 06:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24  
Oh I didn't read your post, im also glad you got your account back, I have had my accounts taken and so have my friends and I know what kind of ordeal it is.
posted 02-04-09 07:00 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24  
wow nice !!!

QUACK
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » My Problem
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames