You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General and Strategy Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Installing Ekanta's Transparent/Custom User Interface for Mac OS X Users
posted 05-28-09 09:01 PM EDT (US)   
In this basic and brief guide, I will explain how to install Ek4nt4's famous and useful custom UI in which enhances the in-game user interface, on Mac OS X. To install this custom UI, follow the steps below.

Preliminary:

If you intend to solely test this UI out, or revert to the old one, it's VERY important you back up your old UI files before hand. Otherwise, a reinstallation of the game is required in order to revert to the standard UI. To do this, locate the Age of Empires III application. Right click it, and select "Show Package Contents". Locate the "data" and "art" files. Copy and paste these files to an alternate location. You will use these "backup" files to overwrite the custom UI ones, in the event you want to revert to the standard UI.

Installation:

1. Download the files. At the time, we do not have a host for them, so you can email me at Brtnboarder495@gmail.com, and I will email them over to you.
2. Locate your Age of Empires III application.
3. Right click it, and select "Show package contents".
4. Locate the data and art files.
5. Copy the data and art files from custom UI folder, into their respective place in the application.

Test:

1. Launch Age of Empires III.
2. Ensure that within options, "Enable minimized UI" is unchecked (this will turn the UI off).
3. Check all of the other boxes under "Enable minimized UI", except friend and foe colors (which you can turn on/off, it won't have an effect on the UI)
4. Launch any match.

Troubleshooting:

If issues arise, email me at Brtnboarder495@gmail.com, and I will walk you through it, or using screen share, install/fix it for you. Or, you can post in this thread and someone else may assist you.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Replies:
posted 05-28-09 10:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
Is there a place where I can preview or see what the UI looks like?

ESO: Temerit
Favorite Comics: Stephen Colbert and John Stewart
posted 05-28-09 10:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
posted 05-29-09 04:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
awesome! thanks mate, I'll give you my email on GR. I can't seem to find a pm message system here.
posted 05-29-09 04:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
No worries, I won't be on Gameranger for a few days, but you can email me at the email above for the files.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
posted 05-29-09 05:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
Oh lol, I'm already using it :P

ESO: Temerit
Favorite Comics: Stephen Colbert and John Stewart
posted 05-31-09 05:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
May I ask exactly what does it do?

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail,
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!
posted 05-31-09 09:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
just makes the UI look cool (look at link i put up a couple posts ago to see how it looks )

QUACK
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General and Strategy Discussions » Installing Ekanta's Transparent/Custom User Interface for Mac OS X Users
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames